Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why do parents always push you to get good grades?

Default why do parents always push you to get good grades?

to make a long story short, i ended up with a 63 on my science midterms.

seems bad, but compared to the class filled with kids that got 30s, 40s, and 50s, i did pretty good.

i told my mom and, based on the circumstances, she isn't mad. all, and i mean, ALL, of my science study materials are in my old house from which we were evicted. my only form of study material was a partially completed constellation sheet.

i seriously tried on that test. i thought i did okay. i thought that i wouldn't bomb it.

but, here i am. i wanted so bad to do good but the pressure and stress of my dad and grandparents telling me that i have to ace all my midterms weighed me down. i wanted, truly wanted, to do good. obviously it's only 10% of my grade, but still, it feels like a LOT to me.

i don't want to tell my dad because i'll get "you should have done better. you're better than this." sure, in the 5th grade. 5th grade is much much easier than high school. half the stuff i couldn't study for because at the end of the 2nd marking period i totally emptied out my binder. i didn't know we'd get evicted. i figured i could dig it out towards the end of january to study.

but i couldn't. and here we are. i don't want to tell my grandparents, i'm not that worried about my dad because i'll just have my mom explain it to him because she really understands why i didn't do good. we were given a study guide that was the test but, like i said, i couldn't do it.

i don't know why i'm still being treated like a genius child when i'm trying my hardest in school to get good grades. this was my best effort. if i could have done better, i definitely would have.

To get a job in the long run

63? You can definitely do better than that, no way you're in an Ivy or something yet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hey look I'm really smart
    now please like me

in town....thats in a city.....thats in a state.....thats in a country....thats in a planet

If I get 1 B on report card I'll get switched districts. So ya. Even a 89.

I mean like I am trying my best? Why do they keep saying try you best and s**t even though you are? They just don't understand...
    Feel free to pm me or shoot any questions.
    AND ALWAYS READY TO PLAY AGAR.IO

Add me in cubic castles Omfgidk.

Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    To get a job in the long run

63? You can definitely do better than that, no way you're in an Ivy or something yet.
    i couldn't study. i legitimately could not get my materials to study. they dumped us out of the house, and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by lolgal96 View Post
    i couldn't study. i legitimately could not get my materials to study. they dumped us out of the house, and that's that.
    That sucks

Either way school really isn't what it should be, but unless you want a low paying blue collar job (I honestly don't mind physical labor, but whatever maybe you don't) or unemployment you'll have to work hard in school

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    now please like me

seems bad, but compared to the class filled with kids that got 30s, 40s, and 50s, i did pretty good.

i told my mom and, based on the circumstances, she isn't mad. all, and i mean, ALL, of my science study materials are in my old house from which we were evicted. my only form of study material was a partially completed constellation sheet.

i seriously tried on that test. i thought i did okay. i thought that i wouldn't bomb it.

but, here i am. i wanted so bad to do good but the pressure and stress of my dad and grandparents telling me that i have to ace all my midterms weighed me down. i wanted, truly wanted, to do good. obviously it's only 10% of my grade, but still, it feels like a LOT to me.

i don't want to tell my dad because i'll get "you should have done better. you're better than this." sure, in the 5th grade. 5th grade is much much easier than high school. half the stuff i couldn't study for because at the end of the 2nd marking period i totally emptied out my binder. i didn't know we'd get evicted. i figured i could dig it out towards the end of january to study.

but i couldn't. and here we are. i don't want to tell my grandparents, i'm not that worried about my dad because i'll just have my mom explain it to him because she really understands why i didn't do good. we were given a study guide that was the test but, like i said, i couldn't do it.

i don't know why i'm still being treated like a genius child when i'm trying my hardest in school to get good grades. this was my best effort. if i could have done better, i definitely would have.
    Sorry to be racist buuuuuut, I understand what you're saying if you're asian. I JUST HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD TO SAY THAT.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pugged
    (That's my IGN. ._.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goals
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Get 5 Diamond Locks. {NOT FINISHED}
    1 World Of The Day {NOT FINISHED}
    Finish Massing 150 Checkpoint Trees. {NOT FINISHED}
    Growtoken World. {NOT FINISHED}
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Look at meeeee!

They have hope that you can do better then what they, and so do I. They pressure you to do better. I get that it's hard to understand but when you get older you will thank them for putting such belief in you. I know you can do this don't overthink it.
    Goals

MY Poems

Quotes
    #MakeGrowtopiaGreatAgain
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-something-BIG!

Good grades = $$$ in the future

Plus it's embarrassing to be the father of a child who has straight F's all throughout school. A lot of adults judge each other

"Oh your child passed math with a 69%? Oh that's a adorable, my child passed with a 95%" it's always a competition lmao. Plus that parent gets bragging rights "HEY, MY CHILD PASSED HIS ENGLISH EXAMS WITH AN A!!!! WOOHOO!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

What grade are you in? 5th or High school? That's the question?
    Thanks to TemmyGT!

Self-Discipline means it's important for people to know they can count on you. To be trustworthy:
    Keep your promises
    Be dependable
    Be reliable
    No gossiping
    Keep your word
    Build a good reputation

Good grades doesn't necessarily mean success in the future, in fact, I'd say success is decided by your capacity to strive in your environment—a skill schools don't teach.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

They try to make you better to have a better life and not be a hobo asking for money of food, I feel bad for them, but it's their fault, first comes school, then you can worry about getting Married and having kids. But taking test are never gonna end, even to get a job, some jobs provide you to take a test. Really, you'll never stop taking tests!
    Thanks to TemmyGT!

Self-Discipline means it's important for people to know they can count on you. To be trustworthy:
    Keep your promises
    Be dependable
    Be reliable
    No gossiping
    Keep your word
    Build a good reputation

That sucks

Either way school really isn't what it should be, but unless you want a low paying blue collar job (I honestly don't mind physical labor, but whatever maybe you don't) or unemployment you'll have to work hard in school
    You'd be surprised. If you don't think you're doing that great in school, pick up a trade. People make incredibly pay working physical labour, except you have to be willing to work tiresome hours. A blue-collar worker makes much much more than the average person who spent years upon years in school to get a white-collared job.
    My point is, if you feel school isn't the right method for you, (like I said) pick up a trade. It could help your family out, in the time of need that you're in, and will give you an amazing pay if you're willing to work hard for it.
    IGN: TWEETIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by JK Rowling
    “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all."

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Good grades doesn't necessarily mean success in the future, in fact, I'd say success is decided by your capacity to strive in your environment—a skill schools don't teach.
    Parents like the peace of mind knowing their children have a tangible way to prove they're fit to earn money though

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    now please like me

Parents like the peace of mind knowing their children have a tangible way to prove they're fit to earn money though
    A lot of times it just seems like parents do as a nonpurposeful conform to the idea that "your kid should have good grades".
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

I apoligize for coming off as a jerk, but those are simply excuses. Granted, no one should expect anything unreasonable, but you should have expectations pertaining to your discovered aptitude as well. For example, asking the teacher for a few materials would have been a perfectly viable option. If that was not, there are classmates as well as friends that would be willing to take some time to aid you in that predicament.

I really am not intended in being rude; I just hope you are aware that high school is where responsibility is a pertinent necessity. Self-management is an important skill to lay claim to.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Good grades = $$$ in the future

Plus it's embarrassing to be the father of a child who has straight F's all throughout school. A lot of adults judge each other

"Oh your child passed math with a 69%? Oh that's a adorable, my child passed with a 95%" it's always a competition lmao. Plus that parent gets bragging rights "HEY, MY CHILD PASSED HIS ENGLISH EXAMS WITH AN A!!!! WOOHOO!!!!"
    This is partially why I detest the adulthood in a community. They are just as immature as their children.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    A lot of times it just seems like parents do as a nonpurposeful conform to the idea that "your kid should have good grades".
    Meh, sort of. Strange as it may sound though, 99.99% of the time your parents really really do care about your well being (well at least what they consider it to be). You pretty much wouldn't have survived your entire life, and would be much less happy either way, had that not been the case.
    Only recently did I realize this, and as I'm not yet a parent (sort of working on it, ish) I don't think I even fully appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    I apoligize for coming off as a jerk, but those are simply excuses. Granted, no one should expect anything unreasonable, but you should have expectations pertaining to your discovered aptitude as well. For example, asking the teacher for a few materials would have been a perfectly viable option. If that was not, there are classmates as well as friends that would be willing to take some time to aid you in that predicament.

I really am not intended in being rude; I just hope you are aware that high school is where responsibility is a pertinent necessity. Self-management is an important skill to lay claim to.

This is partially why I detest the adulthood in a community. They are just as immature as their children.
    "The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult."
    -Alden Nowlan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    now please like me

Really trying your best is all that matters. Your parents just want you to get a career you want and be happy in life.
    Love The Life You Live.
    ~P.S. I Love You~

~~ About Me ~~
    IGN: Jpup7
    I am into making songs on growtopia.
    Unlike a Puppy, I don't bite.
    (I'm not good at telling jokes either..)

I dont get pressured alot that much and that is what made me get good grades.

I'm at least one of the smartest kids in my school. In math i'm about the 3rd smartest overall in my grade. Not to brag.

Your mom is not like pressuring you so you could do better next time. She understands that you don't have the materials to do it. Its okay. Dont focus too much on the grade. Just have confidence for your next test and make sure to study it good but not too hard. Too much stress makes you alittle dumber. But if you get frustrated on a question, take 10 seconds deep breaths.
    Why Dean Ambrose is a genius
    1. Dean Ambrose shot himself with a shirt canyon, TWICE!
    2. Dean Ambrose is convinced doughnuts and starfishes are very related
    3. Dean Ambrose calls a salad a "leaf puzzle".

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKat View Post
    I dont get pressured alot that much and that is what made me get good grades.

I'm at least one of the smartest kids in my school. In math i'm about the 3rd smartest overall in my grade. Not to brag.

Your mom is not like pressuring you so you could do better next time. She understands that you don't have the materials to do it. Its okay. Dont focus too much on the grade. Just have confidence for your next test and make sure to study it good but not too hard. Too much stress makes you alittle dumber. But if you get frustrated on a question, take 10 seconds deep breaths.
    "Brag"
    "Not to brag"

Whatever I'll allow it, as you sound like a reasonable person and presented a good point.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    now please like me

I do my best~ gets low grades
    My friends do nothing~ gets high grades.

And my mom said I played too much.

=Read my Forum Fanfics!=
    {Forum Fanfic: Reality Shift} CHAPTER 11 IS OUT!
    {Dangan Ronpa: Rtsoft Forums} CHAPTER 6 IS OUT!

Vain Glory IGN (SEA): Aunos [SJ1] =KLX=
    Clash Royale IGN: Aunos
    Wattpad: -Aunos-

#Randomness

AM IN A STUDY TOUR AT XIAMEN. WILL BE INACTIVE TILL MAY OF 26
    SELL SNOWBALLS 3/WL