Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Rant] Been wanting to get this off my chest..

Default [Rant] Been wanting to get this off my chest..

Note: Please read the whole post. Don't just skim through the thread as the stuff I say can be easily misunderstood.

I've been really wanting to post this thread for a long time now. It's just that I never had the time to think about the things I should say. I actually once wrote a draft a few months back, but I ended up deleting it since I thought it wasn't worth it. Anyway, let's get to the main topic.

The thing I'd like to talk about are those people that post something like "anime sucks" on a thread about anime. I've been ignoring these people all this time and it just came to the point where I just had enough of it, I guess.

I think that those people are just a bunch of attention seekers. I personally dislike electronic music, but you don't see me posting "dubstep sucks" on threads about electronic music. That's because I know that my opinion isn't needed.

Yes, some of them are trolls and I just want to say that if you enjoy upsetting people on the internet, I'm sorry but please get a life.

It's pathetic how some of them will say "Ha! You took the bait!" as an excuse if you ever reply to them. It's similar to how pranksters say "It's just a prank bro" after doing a stupid prank. It isn't a bait. The truth is, that's what they really think and that's what makes it pathetic.

I find it funny that if someone defends anime, they instantly get called "weeaboo". I'm sorry for not knowing that I can't defend something I like.

Now don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to state your opinions about anime. In fact, I'd love to get in a discussion about that, but that's another story for another time. All I'm trying to say is that there is a time and place for everything. You want to say you hate anime? Sure, go ahead. Just don't post it on a thread that's unrelated to what you're trying to say.

Feel free to leave down your thoughts below.

I somehow feel like some people are going to be disappointed with me because of this thread. Lmao

Edit: To all those other people that replied to the thread but I haven't replied back, I just wanted to let you know that I've read it and I appreciate it. I just can't think of anything to say to your post other than "thanks" and "I agree". xP
    Last edited by PolarisHD; 03-04-2016 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Added stuff.

I myself aren't a big fan of anime, but I don't hate it. I respect peoples likes. They have theirs, and I have mine. So just do you
    Credits to my avatar go to Oscur! Thanks!

ur just a butthurt weeb

anime sucks

#funny

Agreed

Anyone who says CiTH isn't a "true" anime is a troll hater, and no one asked them for that opinion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hey look I'm really smart
    now please like me

Quote Originally Posted by DumbOldDoor View Post
    ur just a butthurt weeb

anime sucks

I agree with this.
    IGN: ILimeGreen

Awesome drawing from PannyFlan. Thanks!

May the odds ever be in your favor!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctic View Post
    I myself aren't a big fan of anime, but I don't hate it. I respect peoples likes. They have theirs, and I have mine. So just do you
    Thanks. I actually don't mind if people hate anime.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbOldDoor View Post
    ur just a butthurt weeb

anime sucks

#funny
    tmw you just got rekt great banter mate ;)

Quote Originally Posted by abt79 View Post
    Agreed

Anyone who says CiTH isn't a "true" anime is a troll hater, and no one asked them for that opinion
    Would appreciate it if you don't reply sarcastically.

I've been seeing your posts for the past few weeks and I just want to say that please stop forcing this CiTH meme to everyone. It's getting old and overused now.

Haters gonna hate mate. I don't mind getting myself called a sad weeb with no life, because it has no effect on me
    Just ignore the haters and you're good to go!
    I Gave away 200 Free sb to random people, in the end i got Duct-Taped
    ......And now im broke.

-==Goal==-

Get rid of the Ducttape [1/1]
    Get F Eyes [3/100]
    14 Rings [2/14]
    VOTW [0/?]
    WOTD [0/?]
    Level 50 [40/50]
    Mini U [641/720]
    ProtoDrake [?/17]

Lesser Wizard

Agreed

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but an IQ of <75 SUCKS. 90ish-109 is good but <75?!? Back to the main topic, I like some anime but im PISSED I tell you PISSED that Tenkai Knights booted Classic Looney Toons out of 6:00 in the morning cartoons on CN. I don't hate anime but this sutuation pissed me off.

IGN: 24elijah24

Join PokéFarm Q today and when you make your account say 24elijah24 referred you!
    My Profile: http://pfq.me/24elijah24

Hold my egg!

Growtopia Goals:
    Reach LVL 40: 27/40
    Get First ring: 0/1
    Get 100 Growtokens: 14/100
    Get First Legendary item: 0/1
    3 Best Friends: 2/3
    1 DL: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by 24elijah24 View Post
    I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but an IQ of <75 SUCKS. 90ish-109 is good but <75?!? Back to the main topic, I like some anime but im PISSED I tell you PISSED that Tenkai Knights booted Classic Looney Toons out of 6:00 in the morning cartoons on CN. I don't hate anime but this sutuation pissed me off.
    Speaking of Tenkai Knights, the concept is basically ripped from Digimon.
    Toukiedatak made this picture forever ago.

Wow.

One of the best threads I have seen in a long time bro

I like both anime and ele. music

Skiing
    Techno
    Trap
    Anime
    =
    L1f3
    ~ C0dEsKy GlITched 0uT

New to here? Visit this thread
    - Delete system changed (Suggestion by me) Thanks devs!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" - Albert Einstein

thanks spooky ougi
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed Albadi View Post
    @SETH+@HAMUMU CAN YOU UBA FOR ME BECUS I don’t know WHAT DID I DO For BANNED/my user safsaood123 and growtopia is my life I don’t get any games best then growtopia/and thank you if you read my msg
    srry for bad grammar

Gif by Magestygt

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisHD View Post
    Would appreciate it if you don't reply sarcastically.

I've been seeing your posts for the past few weeks and I just want to say that please stop forcing this CiTH meme to everyone. It's getting old and overused now.
    Hater troll, no one asked for your opinion.

"But I thought it necessary to post my opinion anyways"
    Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 24elijah24 View Post
    Yes, I really am that stupid, posting an astoundingly low IQ has nothing to do with the text below it or mocking pretentious special snowflakes who want everyone to think they're smart. Can't believe how dumb I really am.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hey look I'm really smart
    now please like me

Your allowed to say you like anime and we can't say that it sucks? Thats just idiotic and happens to much in life

Master Sorcerer
    ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▐

I don't hate anime or people who love anime. I love anime too.
    Only thing i hate are those mother*rs who make this so called nightcore. It's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkourDevil View Post
    Only thing i hate are those people who make this so called nightcore. It's stupid.
    I feel you bro.

Yeah, I often get called a weeaboo at school just because I love anime/attempt to draw it. It's just annoying how other people look down on what you believe and like, and it's just plain rude when people do that. Anime, IMO, is like a whole new genre to types of drawings/artists.

Anyway, people should really know the times when to say it and when to not.

If you didn't already know, the word "suck" has a bad connotation. At least try to make an attempt to tell others you respect anime. We never said that you couldn't say it sucked, but in a bit more nonoffensive manner.

This is why the Internet kinda sucks. You can't use different tones in your voice so we know people are joking, which leads to cyber bullying.

I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative. People have no restraint; I am not referencing those posts that debate the concept, but the ones that hate on everything as if they are the paragon human, which apparently has no hobbies? Like, divulging an opinion such as, "I do not like anime," is perfectly fine, but when it crosses into galvanizing quarrels intentionally, it becomes excessively malicious. Threads that have no purpose for debate should not have it thrust into them.

As for a topic more specific than scruples, I must say that you, Polaris, are one of the more acceptable anime fans. People see the extremes and therefore stereotype; I like anime moderately as well, but you must realize that while not in the same proximity, there are anime fans that do not ever shut up about the medium. When people say, "No, I do not watch anime," some of the aforementioned take that as an invitation to talk about it.
    It is fair to find that the community is comprised of children — just the combative ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bjake7710 View Post
    Your allowed to say you like anime and we can't say that it sucks? Thats just idiotic and happens to much in life
    This is not what he said. He said that there is no reason to say 'anime sucks' on a thread specifically about anime. If it's on an unrelated thread, whatever, go do that.

As an anime fan myself, I agree. Saying 'anime sucks' on a thread about the topic is pretty much pointless, and sometimes it hurts the feelings of those who truly enjoy (I don't get butthurt, just annoyed). Also, people should look up the term 'weeaboo' before using it. It usually refers to someone who makes fun of or is obsessed with Japanese culture. I'm pretty sure that the people that 'enjoy' the culture aren't 'obsessed' with it. It's quite annoying when people act arrogant with false replies, so I'd suggest that you don't use the word in the first place. While on the subject, although it is a real answer, let's say that someone is asking for anime to watch. Half the replies are 'Boku No Pico'. The joke is old guys. You don't need to recommend hentai if they aren't asking.

Me and Polaris have great conversations in PMs.

Hater troll, no one asked for your opinion.

"But I thought it necessary to post my opinion anyways"
    Exactly.
    No, I'm not saying you can't state your opinion. I even encourage people posting theirs. It's just that you should say it in the right place and time. I'm not saying you should strictly stay on topic. A few remarks here and there wouldn't hurt, but if your entire post isn't related to the OP or the other posts, then I think that's a problem.

I was actually thinking of PMing you about that subject, but I just got lazy and put it in that post because I thought that I might as well do it since I'm replying to you anyway. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bjake7710 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisHD View Post
    Now don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to state your opinions about anime. In fact, I'd love to get in a discussion about that, but that's another story for another time. All I'm trying to say is that there is a time and place for everything. You want to say you hate anime? Sure, go ahead. Just don't post it on a thread that's unrelated to what you're trying to say.
    This is why I added a note at the top. You misunderstood the things I said because you didn't read the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkourDevil View Post
    Only thing i hate are those mother*rs who make this so called nightcore. It's BS.
    You have to understand that some people like things that you don't like. You just have to respect that. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqueraded View Post
    I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative. People have no restraint; I am not referencing those posts that debate the concept, but the ones that hate on everything as if they are the paragon human, which apparently has no hobbies? Like, divulging an opinion such as, "I do not like anime," is perfectly fine, but when it crosses into galvanizing quarrels intentionally, it becomes excessively malicious. Threads that have no purpose for debate should not have it thrust into them.
    Couldn't have said it better. Though, I'd like to know what you meant by "I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative."

As for a topic more specific than scruples, I must say that you, Polaris, are one of the more acceptable anime fans. People see the extremes and therefore stereotype; I like anime moderately as well, but you must realize that while not in the same proximity, there are anime fans that do not ever shut up about the medium. When people say, "No, I do not watch anime," some of the aforementioned take that as an invitation to talk about it.
    Thanks and yeah, I also dislike those people that never shut up about anime, but that can also be applied to other mediums as well.
    Last edited by PolarisHD; 03-04-2016 at 11:56 PM.

What's anime?
    i dunno no more