Thread: Why do Moderators rarely post?

Question Why do Moderators rarely post?

After people become mods, they suddenly stop posting. What's the reason?

I only see Solsa and Zfert posting, just them 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

They prioritise doing their moderator jobs ingame over being active on forums.

They are usually busy with work or school so they don't really have time to post as much

Quote Originally Posted by hi1307 of Legend View Post
    Aimster and Mrthadawee posts too.
    I just visited her profile, she rarely posts. And Mrthadawee isn't a moderator.
    Even Jenuine posts more than Aimster
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SlickMonster View Post
    They are usually busy with work or school so they don't really have time to post as much
    Then why do they want to be moderators if they know they're busy?????

There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

I think it's to prioritize their job as a moderator which is to spectate the forums and enforce the rules here. It seems they only post when they deem it necessary, and when I mean necessary I mean the stuff only mods can answer/reply. I'm just glad mrthadawee and AV8R was really active here on the forum during their moderator days tho.

But hey, at least those who are helpful here on the forum are not overshadowed by them because of that. I think that's another reason, to find people who have potential.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 13

Encountered a problem? Email support@growtopiagame.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRarity View Post
    I think it's to prioritize their job as a moderator which is to spectate the forums and enforce the rules here. It seems they only post when they deem it necessary, and when I mean necessary I mean the stuff only mods can answer/reply. I'm just glad mrthadawee and AV8R was really active here on the forum during their moderator days tho.

But hey, at least those who are helpful here on the forum are not overshadowed by them because of that. I think that's another reason, to find people who have potential.
    A forumer has never been so correct it's beautiful

@TheDisco

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRarity View Post

Boom!
    You got it spot on.
    Forums are similar to ingame when it comes to mod attention, if they post in a thread, suddenly they get a bunch of replies and literally anything they answer they get the thumbs up and credit for even if dozens of other people answered the same thing earlier (so that's why you see mods generally post "as others have said before me").
    Most of the moderating is really directed for the game, mods merely purge bad guys on the forums and may make a post or two to answer a question/stop drama.
    They are the original well timed farts. Only posting when needed... Silent but deadly :^)

If more people only posted when their imput is really needed we'd have a lot more quality posts on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I have to bring up another point here...

Moderating is a purely voluntary job, meaning they are not required to contribute a set time and they do it for free.
    They can moderate when they have time. Of course, they are encouraged to spend a bit of time moderating. But the number one rule is that mods should NEVER let Growtopia get above real life. Hence why mods are laidback, often casual people.

Mods get a lot of crap by the community for what they do, they endure through spam, hate, rumours, lies, drama, conflict and unwanted attention just to moderate. Mods really do need a passion for helping out Growtopia, if they didn't (and only wanted it for the power for example), they wouldn't last very long.
    ---> I have changed my in game name to Thadirth. <---
    WiiU ID: Thadadir

Thada's box of stuff *Updated 16/5/2016*
    #22: ":^)" edition

I just visited her profile, she rarely posts. And Mrthadawee isn't a moderator.
    Even Jenuine posts more than Aimster
    - - - Updated - - -

Mrthadawee was a moderator, I believe.
    kys

Cause once you become a mod you don't speak to the lower class duh

Quote Originally Posted by mrthadawee View Post
    I have to bring up another point here...

Moderating is a purely voluntary job, meaning they are not required to contribute a set time and they do it for free.
    They can moderate when they have time. Of course, they are encouraged to spend a bit of time moderating. But the number one rule is that mods should NEVER let Growtopia get above real life. Hence why mods are laidback, often casual people.

Mods get a lot of crap by the community for what they do, they endure through spam, hate, rumours, lies, drama, conflict and unwanted attention just to moderate. Mods really do need a passion for helping out Growtopia, if they didn't (and only wanted it for the power for example), they wouldn't last very long.
    I don't see how this has to do with anything I said ._.

@TheDisco

I don't see how this has to do with anything I said ._.
    You implied something similar to 'mods are required to be active'. Or that they shouldn't be mods if they can't be very active.

If not, I threw out another point anyway :^)
    ---> I have changed my in game name to Thadirth. <---
    WiiU ID: Thadadir

Thada's box of stuff *Updated 16/5/2016*
    #22: ":^)" edition