Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Can Moderators Break Locks?

  1. #1
    Knight Chills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    69

    Default Can Moderators Break Locks?

    So this guy has been sitting on a world for over a year (literally logs in after ~160 days of inactivity, which has happened twice) and now he has missed his login. However, the small lock still has an admin that has logged in recently; I cannot contact them either.

    So I am asking if mods have the ability to remove locks or at least see who the active admin is?
    Check out my world WHYBOTHER!

    Have a question about unicorns? I can answer it; I know the answer. I will only give you what I am permitted to though.

    Oh, my IGN? It is ChillsH.

    Guess I fall under that age demographic. I'm eleven!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Elusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Wanderer
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Mods aren't allowed to do that anymore. The funny thing about this is that some mods do the same thing locking worlds without using the worlds.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're only responsible for what we say, not for what others take into their minds from it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me and we'll make fun of them together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Elusive-


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Apparently they can, but only if really needed

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard AxelDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    141

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Elusive View Post
    Mods aren't allowed to do that anymore. The funny thing about this is that some mods do the same thing locking worlds without using the worlds.
    They can't break WLS, DLS, nor, ELS *Emerald Lock* they can only break SL, BL, and HL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chills View Post
    So this guy has been sitting on a world for over a year (literally logs in after ~160 days of inactivity, which has happened twice) and now he has missed his login. However, the small lock still has an admin that has logged in recently; I cannot contact them either.

    So I am asking if mods have the ability to remove locks or at least see who the active admin is?
    You can see the person who has access if the lock is SL, BL, HL and the owner of the lock hasn't logged on more than 170 days. It'll show who has access and it'll say how much days he/she hasn't logged on.
    Thanks to TemmyGT!


    Self-Discipline means it's important for people to know they can count on you. To be trustworthy:
    Keep your promises
    Be dependable
    Be reliable
    No gossiping
    Keep your word
    Build a good reputation



  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Elusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Wanderer
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AxelDragon View Post
    They can't break WLS, DLS, nor, ELS *Emerald Lock* they can only break SL, BL, and HL.
    They aren't allowed to break any locks at all. They are indeed able to break all locks and any block except for the white door and bedrock which only the devs are able to.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're only responsible for what we say, not for what others take into their minds from it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me and we'll make fun of them together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Elusive-


  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Phemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Moderators can break any type locks. But it's not allowed to them if not needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by AxelDragon View Post
    They can't break WLS, DLS, nor, ELS *Emerald Lock* they can only break SL, BL, and HL.

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Moderators do not have the rights to break locks which other people own. Moderators are allowed to go into locked places for the reasons of preventing scams. A moderator is allowed to confront Seth or Hamumu about resetting a world in case it needs to (Making world from when started).

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard AxelDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    141

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Elusive View Post
    They aren't allowed to break any locks at all. They are indeed able to break all locks and any block except for the white door and bedrock which only the devs are able to.
    This doesn't make sence. At first you say they CAN'T break locks, and at the end you say they CAN break locks.
    Thanks to TemmyGT!


    Self-Discipline means it's important for people to know they can count on you. To be trustworthy:
    Keep your promises
    Be dependable
    Be reliable
    No gossiping
    Keep your word
    Build a good reputation



  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Elusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Wanderer
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AxelDragon View Post
    This doesn't make sence. At first you say they CAN'T break locks, and at the end you say they CAN break locks.
    Let me say it in different way. They have the ability to break locks but they aren't allowed to. I don't know how much more i can explain that.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're only responsible for what we say, not for what others take into their minds from it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me and we'll make fun of them together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Elusive-


  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Mods can do both of those things. They can't do it by request, though. The other player owns the world and that is that. You don't want a mod smashing a lock owned by you, do you?

    PS: this is not a discussion. They simply will not do it.
    .
    .




    .

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,493

    Default

    Moderators have the capability to break locks; they do not on request though. Do not take these words as veracity, but I believe they may be able to at least tell you who had been accessed. However, when prompted to, moderators may not, so do not be surprised.

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Josh289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The chilly state of Wisconsin.
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Yes, moderators do indeed have the capability to destroy other players' locks. However, they aren't allowed to do so unless they are instructed to by the devs. So technically, they don't have free reign when it comes to breaking locks.
    "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair"
    "Sometimes the right path isn't the easiest one"

    I love to help out and I am here to give you advice and lend the occasional helping hand. If you need help with anything in particular message me. I am commonly busy farming, but you can definitely contact me if your needs are urgent. Thanks.


    Growtopia Username: Lewius

  13. #13
    Lesser Wizard IcyElectrons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rosemead,California.U.S
    Posts
    152

    Post Citations plz

    Quote Originally Posted by D0sh View Post
    Apparently they can, but only if really needed
    I felt like that just came out of no where. Never seen a mod break one. (unless lock disintegrated) but not WLS.
    GrowtopiaUsername:IcyElectrons

    GrowtopiaLevel : 33

    I'm here don't be alarmed

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyElectrons View Post
    I felt like that just came out of no where. Never seen a mod break one. (unless lock disintegrated) but not WLS.
    If a world conflicts with the rules, they have reason enough to validate the seizure of it.

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard Tilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AxelDragon View Post
    This doesn't make sence. At first you say they CAN'T break locks, and at the end you say they CAN break locks.
    Aren't allowed =/= can't.
    This user has no signature.
    Visit DONOTGIVEUP.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    10 people don't need to tell him.

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard TheBoyFarmers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Medan, Indonesia
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chills View Post
    So this guy has been sitting on a world for over a year (literally logs in after ~160 days of inactivity, which has happened twice) and now he has missed his login. However, the small lock still has an admin that has logged in recently; I cannot contact them either.

    So I am asking if mods have the ability to remove locks or at least see who the active admin is?
    @Moderators are a player too (like we all). but they can punish player that who break the /rules.
    @Moderators can break a small/big/huge lock if the player who put the lock are inactive for 180 days. (we can too)
    IGN: MiJu
    Level: 31
    Forumer VIP Password: DESPERADOFTW

  18. #18
    Lesser Wizard MrMehMeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    487

    Default

    No, moderators aren't allowed to break any locks whatsoever. Small/Big/Huge Locks that are over 180 days, assuming that there are no admins added onto the lock, automatically decay. The automatic decay is none of our doing.

    As for any locks that lock an entire world, they automatically decay as well, with the assumption of no admins being added.

    (Sorry for the reiteration. Had to clarify it)
    If you haven't already, please move to the new official Growtopia forums if you mainly use these forums for Growtopia by clicking this link
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/index.php


    My Instagram|Rush's Discord Server Info|My Steam

  19. #19
    Knight Chills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMehMeh View Post
    No, moderators aren't allowed to break any locks whatsoever. Small/Big/Huge Locks that are over 180 days, assuming that there are no admins added onto the lock, automatically decay. The automatic decay is none of our doing.

    As for any locks that lock an entire world, they automatically decay as well, with the assumption of no admins being added.

    (Sorry for the reiteration. Had to clarify it)
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Sorry to ask, but can mods tell who is added to a lock and share that info? I am certain the world in question is inactive by both users; I hope the admin is reasonable enough, but I don't know who they are. It would help to at least talk to them. Problem is: I don't know if mods can divulge that info.
    Check out my world WHYBOTHER!

    Have a question about unicorns? I can answer it; I know the answer. I will only give you what I am permitted to though.

    Oh, my IGN? It is ChillsH.

    Guess I fall under that age demographic. I'm eleven!

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard Josh289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    The chilly state of Wisconsin.
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chills View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Sorry to ask, but can mods tell who is added to a lock and share that info? I am certain the world in question is inactive by both users; I hope the admin is reasonable enough, but I don't know who they are. It would help to at least talk to them. Problem is: I don't know if mods can divulge that info.
    Moderators are able to check the lock and see who is added or not. However, I highly doubt that they can just give out the information. They probably only do so under special circumstances, they don't share the information to the public. You should probably contact a moderator and ask them for assistance with whatever your situation requires. I cannot guarantee that they can or cannot help you.
    "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair"
    "Sometimes the right path isn't the easiest one"

    I love to help out and I am here to give you advice and lend the occasional helping hand. If you need help with anything in particular message me. I am commonly busy farming, but you can definitely contact me if your needs are urgent. Thanks.


    Growtopia Username: Lewius

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •