Thread: A Growtopia Price Website

Knight

Default A Growtopia Price Website

So Ive been thinking about making a Growtopia price website where I will be updating prices every day, since theres a limit of how many people there can be In HONORS I thought Its better with a website. I might make something like the Community suggests the prices, Im thinking If I start this site, will you guys support It?

Default yup

YES! I Think Its A Good Idea!
    Click my eggs plz <3 Lets see how many dragons/eggs we can get! (5) Start here!
    IGN: serge
    Subscribe to Serge Games Pro on Youtube!
    Goals:
    Get Focused Eyes 16/100
    Get a ring from ringmaster: Step 2 5/5 growtokens!
    Get 5Dls (2)
    Get level 50 (27)
    Get honors or WOTD(no)
    Get VOTW (no)

MY FAVOURITE SONG NOW:

Temporary's BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) may want to look behind you and start running...

Quote Originally Posted by DeRealCryps View Post
    So Ive been thinking about making a Growtopia price website where I will be updating prices every day, since theres a limit of how many people there can be In HONORS I thought Its better with a website. I might make something like the Community suggests the prices, Im thinking If I start this site, will you guys support It?
    please no. God forbid you get hacked and then we have a modsim incident again, not to mention one person controlling prices isn't very good for our economy.
    Also... wrong subforum it goes in growtopia's everything else :v
    Ign: Hippohello

dank quotes

5/7/2016: the worst account hacking by far.

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hippohello2 View Post
    please no. God forbid you get hacked and then we have a modsim incident again, not to mention one person controlling prices isn't very good for our economy.
    You clearly didnt read "I might make something like the Community suggests the prices". And sorry bout posting In the wrong subforum Is there anyway I could move it?

You clearly didnt read "I might make something like the Community suggests the prices". And sorry bout posting In the wrong subforum Is there anyway I could move it?
    I read it. Bu you have to update it every second for it to be accurate. Also, you do have a chance of ending up hacked and then the hacker RATs your website and then you become responsible for over 30,000+ people losing their accounts. You can't move posts so you might as well keep it here.

dank quotes

Knight

I read it. Bu you have to update it every second for it to be accurate. Also, you do have a chance of ending up hacked and then the hacker RATs your website and then you become responsible for over 30,000+ people losing their accounts. You can't move posts so you might as well keep it here.
    Lol I have something called Common Sense, also I will have people helping me and you know If you want something to be successfull you must work on it 24/7.

tbh I think this goes in "Fan Creations"

Knight

Eh nvm dont want anyone copying
    Last edited by DeRealCryps; 04-02-2016 at 11:13 PM.

I actually like the idea.

[sarcasm]
    But, you know,
    • Prices update every second
    • You're obviously going to get hacked
    • Not only are you going to get hacked, but then you're going to have viruses uploaded to your website
    • Not only that, but everybody's going to download the program and get all their accounts stolen.

[/sarcasm]

Sounds like it would be a great Idea, but you would have to update it constantly and with the correct prices of items.
    And also, make sure the website is secure from hackers.

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by XHydraLegendX View Post
    Sounds like it would be a great Idea, but you would have to update it constantly and with the correct prices of items.
    And also, make sure the website is secure from hackers.
    Yea I really couldnt update the prices anyways and none would want only 1 person to control the economy, so I came up with a great idea where people vote for prices. (Im not saying the full idea since someone maybe'll steal it)

It would be good if you let the people vote about the prices.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.~ Albert Einstein
    Thanks Oscur for my profile picture!

Im from Sweden, So my grammar can be bad.
    Space out...
    Rainbow Skin

An awesome Person

Yea I really couldnt update the prices anyways and none would want only 1 person to control the economy, so I came up with a great idea where people vote for prices. (Im not saying the full idea since someone maybe'll steal it)
    voting isn't going to be quite good. The communityis loaded with rich and greedy players so they will only turn the tides in their favor. You not the first one to come up with a price website, but hackers will make you a legitimate target if you make this. You will download a "game" that is a trojan horse and then you will be responsible for lots of account losses.
    Just stop please. Prices worlds alone aren't good. And also, not very many people who play growtopia use the forums. So you won't get anyone on the website.

dank quotes

Have the community vote prices, and make the price an average of what people vote, then just do some basic moderating on the prices to make sure they're accurate.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Knight

voting isn't going to be quite good. The communityis loaded with rich and greedy players so they will only turn the tides in their favor. You not the first one to come up with a price website, but hackers will make you a legitimate target if you make this. You will download a "game" that is a trojan horse and then you will be responsible for lots of account losses.
    Just stop please. Prices worlds alone aren't good. And also, not very many people who play growtopia use the forums. So you won't get anyone on the website.
    As I SAID Im experienced with not being dumb, also I said only trusted forumers who gets choosed by me gets to make the "polls" and the normal people vote. the prices wont have too much a difference while voting, Like Poll A = 200 WLS. Poll B = 190 WLS. Poll C = 170 WLS, ALSO I have a youtube channel with about 30k Subscribers (Not bragging dont get offended) which I will have the website at the end of my videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Have the community vote prices, and make the price an average of what people vote, then just do some basic moderating on the prices to make sure they're accurate.
    Thats how Im gonna do it m8 thanks for the idea tho.

BUMP, we need this since the big price worlds are changing owners 24/7.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.~ Albert Einstein
    Thanks Oscur for my profile picture!

Im from Sweden, So my grammar can be bad.
    Space out...
    Rainbow Skin

An awesome Person

Its great to see someone who thinks like me. I had this great idea about 1,5 - 2 years ago, and I even purchased a domain and wrote a simple page with dummy items and their prices, but then studying took over, and in the end I quit growtopia. After that I have been invited to code for multiple online growtopia projects, but due to the lack of time (and enthusiasm) I quit them. If you want more information about the domain and the whole idea, you can PM me and I might either help you make this (I have some basic knowledge in web design) or at least give (or sell) the domain to you. Anyway, if you won't bother paying attention to this... Good luck!

P.S. The domain name is growtopian.info and it is hosted on GoDaddy. I tinkered around with some basic page designs (which I believe I still have), but the website is currently dead
    Click on my signature to see what happens