Thread: How does one make an essay?

Default How does one make an essay?

I type stuff a lot, babble about things, but sadly I still don't know how to make an essay. I got this assignment from a teacher, a 300-word essay themed consumtive behaviour. I don't even know where or how to start.

Note: I don't want anyone to help me make it, just tell me how to make a proper essay. Thanks. XD
    "Trust is like a paper, once it's crumpled, it can't be perfect again."

If you're lost for some reason, my forumers' exclusive VIP password is StarboardFTW. Some guy thought this was still the Growtopia forums, so I'll still put this here.

Intro - Use an opening to pull your reader in. If it is a story, use dialogue or descriptive language. If it is nonfiction, state an interesting fact. Then, explain briefly what your essay is about, then close it out with a sentence like, "As you can see, mammals are very interesting." or something.

Body - Since yours is 300 words, cut it short and sweet. Try to use contractions to make it longer. State your beliefs, not with "I believe" but as if they were a fact, etc.

Closing - Basically restate your opening and use a closing sentence like, "Mahatma Gandi may not be everybody's favorite, but he is really a hero."

I would write more, but oh well...
    (Also, I wrote a 300 word essay the other day for a contest, too, aha.)
    (I usually write a lot more than 300. It is way too small for me.)

Google is your best friend.
    IGN: Ceyx
    Level: 66
    WOTD Count: 2
    Collaborated WOTD Count: 2

HOLIDAY GUIDE:
    SummerFest 2016!

Master Sorcerer genpasaporte922's Avatar

I gathered my experiences as an editorial writer, so you should do this:

Make an intro first. - This seems useless, but its a norm for us writers to make an intro. The intro should contain the title information or .
    Go and make your rant/praises/etc. - This is the most important part in an essay. Make sure the grammar is correct and... informative.
    End with an ending. - Ok, end the essay with a conclusion. End it with a stand.

This might look worse because of my grammar, but that's it.
    IGN: genpasaporte | Level: 42

The "Lenny" of the forums!

How to know who is affiliated with Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by koala1018 View Post
    So, kids, this is why you should focus on Math at school. Math can help you figure out wether something/someone is linked to/part of the Illuminati, or not.

*some random guy asks for attractions in US*

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    You can check out the filthy Imperialist Pig-Dogs leashed by puppet strings by their Capitalist Enslavers known as Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Big tip: DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC COMPLETELY
    where is everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Tohru View Post
    Intro - Use an opening to pull your reader in. If it is a story, use dialogue or descriptive language. If it is nonfiction, state an interesting fact. Then, explain briefly what your essay is about, then close it out with a sentence like, "As you can see, mammals are very interesting." or something.

Body - Since yours is 300 words, cut it short and sweet. Try to use contractions to make it longer. State your beliefs, not with "I believe" but as if they were a fact, etc.

Closing - Basically restate your opening and use a closing sentence like, "Mahatma Gandi may not be everybody's favorite, but he is really a hero."

I would write more, but oh well...
    (Also, I wrote a 300 word essay the other day for a contest, too, aha.)
    (I usually write a lot more than 300. It is way too small for me.)
    Tbh I can write way more than 300 words but I need proper opening etc this time. Usually I write on my own, ranting to myself.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'm feeling like doing the assignment now.
    "Trust is like a paper, once it's crumpled, it can't be perfect again."

If you're lost for some reason, my forumers' exclusive VIP password is StarboardFTW. Some guy thought this was still the Growtopia forums, so I'll still put this here.

This is probably prose discourse. Tohru's conception is accurate — but make the thesis cogently clear. If you need any help on grammatical mechanics and such, just send me a PM.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

List out the main things of the subject, look more into it and start writing it. Do it carefully and read it every now and then for any possible mistakes. I suck at essays too but this is what I do

Oh, and NO PROCRASTINATING
    i do it way too much when it comes to school
    IGN: Polarian

If you have a problem in Growtopia, contact
    support@growtopiagame.com