Thread: Growtopia Too Hard On Newbs?

Unhappy Growtopia Too Hard On Newbs?

I'm talking about newbs, not noobs. To know the difference between these two, click on the following links and read the top definition:
    Noob: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob
    Newb: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=newb

Let's get to the point.

Chapter 1: Nobody Wants to Help Newbs
    Growtopia is not as welcoming as it can be to new players. Let's be honest, we all have like a thousand things on our priority list over helping new people. Thankfully, the world START helps newbs so we don't have to. But there is still things newbs need to know about Growtopia: 1. There are scammers everywhere, 2. It takes a lot of time and patience to become a pro, 3. Caution: this game is addictive.

Chapter 2: Hide your world locks, hide your rares, and hide your dirt, 'cause they be takin' everything out there.
    You probably got scammed once, did you? You may have scammed someone once too! The thing about new players is that some (or most) of them are naive. They tend to trust other players too much. They don't know what kind of people play this game. From my experience, 5% to 20% of the Growtopians online are active scammers. It can be very hard for newbs to tell who is who. This is how the world STOPDONTDROP becomes useful. Not many new players have heard of this world, so it will need as much exposure as START.

Chapter 3: Have Patience, Young One
    What kind of players are more likely to quit this game than any other? Those who been playing for at least a year, or those who been playing for a month or less? Players who played for a month or less are more likely to quit, duh. Why is that? Because many of those players lack the patience/don't have enough time to farm and trade. I'm not complaining, but I been playing for 2 years but still don't have a diamond lock. I still have the patience to earn one. Farming is the most basic way to get rich, but will take loads of time and patience. Trading will also take long since only 1% of players online are interested in buying newb products. If only farming and trading was made easier for newbs (and me)...

Chapter 4: You Can't Take Back Time
    This game is designed to be addictive. If this game is interesting enough to you, it could take hours of your life (you can see how many precious hours you wasted by clicking the wrench on yourself). When newbs (or anyone) has too much fun, they may experience the symptoms of neglecting needs, urge to keep playing, and worst of all, procrastination. They can get sucked into the distractions of parkour, spleef, and other worlds when they are supposed to be farming/trading, therefore playing more hours than they should. Growtopia should help newbs remember they have lives.

Chapter 5: The Overall Idea
    Make this game a bit easier on newbs. My brother, Dragonboy21, doesn't play much anymore because he finds this game too hard. I don't know how it should be done, but it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMGrow View Post
    ~World Name : VENDM [VEND M = MACHINE]~

~~World On Sale For 25-30DLS~~

~~~Highest offer KingProfits 25dls~~~

~~~~IGN : GMGROW , or u may /msg LEAGUE as well ~~~~

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by KingProfits View Post
    I Did Not Offer 25 DLS. Nice Try Buddy
    IGN: Xgenisis
    Farm World: ASKMINER
    Science Station World: SFXE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Pokemon:
    http://pfq.me/Xgen

Quote Originally Posted by Xgen View Post
    I'm talking about newbs, not noobs. To know the difference between these two, click on the following links and read the top definition:

Let's get to the point.

Growtopia is not as welcoming as it can be to new players. Let's be honest, we all have like a thousand things on our priority list over helping new people. Thankfully, the world START helps newbs so we don't have to. But there is still things newbs need to know about Growtopia: 1. There are scammers everywhere, 2. It takes a lot of time and patience to become a pro, 3. Caution: this game is addictive.

Chapter 2: Hide your world locks, hide your rares, and hide your dirt, 'cause they be takin' everything out there.
    You probably got scammed once, did you? You may have scammed someone once too! The thing about new players is that some (or most) of them are naive. They tend to trust other players too much. They don't know what kind of people play this game. From my experience, 5% to 20% of the Growtopians online are active scammers. It can be very hard for newbs to tell who is who. This is how the world STOPDONTDROP becomes useful. Not many new players have heard of this world, so it will need as much exposure as START.

What kind of players are more likely to quit this game than any other? Those who been playing for at least a year, or those who been playing for a month or less? Players who played for a month or less are more likely to quit, duh. Why is that? Because many of those players lack the patience/don't have enough time to farm and trade. I'm not complaining, but I been playing for 2 years but still don't have a diamond lock. I still have the patience to earn one. Farming is the most basic way to get rich, but will take loads of time and patience. Trading will also take long since only 1% of players online are interested in buying newb products. If only farming and trading was made easier for newbs (and me)...

This game is designed to be addictive. If this game is interesting enough to you, it could take hours of your life (you can see how many precious hours you wasted by clicking the wrench on yourself). When newbs (or anyone) has too much fun, they may experience the symptoms of neglecting needs, urge to keep playing, and worst of all, procrastination. They can get sucked into the distractions of parkour, spleef, and other worlds when they are supposed to be farming/trading, therefore playing more hours than they should. Growtopia should help newbs remember they have lives.

Make this game a bit easier on newbs. My brother, Dragonboy21, doesn't play much anymore because he finds this game too hard. I don't know how it should be done, but it can be done.
    it's just that we aren't hard on them it's just half the newbs that ask for donations or help are pros on alt accounts that try to get wls from you.. it's hard to find someone to trust that isn't a alt.. trying to get something out of you and to be fair the newbs can be quite mean.. today one came up to me today said donate or your a scammer ._.

Ign(Galixies)
    level 30
    hours 900+ days played 900+
    (Goals)
    get sword and shield

Weenie hut junior leader

I think everyday, it is harder for new people. Since the rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer....
    Youtube Channel: Johnkiller2

Newest Video:

Quote Originally Posted by galixiesgt View Post
    it's just that we aren't hard on them it's just half the newbs that ask for donations or help are pros on alt accounts that try to get wls from you.. it's hard to find someone to trust that isn't a alt.. trying to get something out of you and to be fair the newbs can be quite mean.. today one came up to me today said donate or your a scammer ._.
    Do not confuse noobs with newbs. You are talking about noobs. I am talking about newbs.

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Pokemon:

Do not confuse noobs with newbs. You are talking about noobs. I am talking about newbs.
    it's both.. you walk into start and see noobs,newbs saying donate please!,give me items or i report,etc it's annoying at this point

Ign(Galixies)
    level 30
    (Goals)
    get sword and shield

Weenie hut junior leader

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkiller2 View Post
    I think everyday, it is harder for new people. Since the rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer....
    Truuuuueeeeee...

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    My Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkiller2 View Post
    if the poor actually tried to work for once and not complain then they could be as good as the wealthy players ;/ i'm not hating i'm just saying

Ign(Galixies)
    level 30
    (Goals)
    get sword and shield

Weenie hut junior leader

it's both.. you walk into start and see noobs,newbs saying donate please!,give me items or i report,etc it's annoying at this point
    Noobs and newbs behave differently. Have you checked the definitions of both on urbandictionary.com?

- - - Updated - - -

if the poor actually tried to work for once and not complain then they could be as good as the wealthy players ;/ i'm not hating i'm just saying
    Growtopia is not a job. It is a game. Just sayin'

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    My Pokemon:

Noobs and newbs behave differently. Have you checked the definitions of both on urbandictionary.com?

- - - Updated - - -

Growtopia is not a job. It is a game. Just sayin'
    there basically the same and act the same.. please log onto a cod server with a bunch of 10 year old newbs and noobs or even better a cs:Go server with a bunch of newbs or noobs it's living hell they always act the same and scream on the top of their lungs this is why i always perm ban them from any of my servers ;/ and this applies in growtopia as well except the screaming on top of their lungs

Ign(Galixies)
    level 30
    (Goals)
    get sword and shield

Weenie hut junior leader

Master Sorcerer genpasaporte922's Avatar

When I was a newbie, I emailed Support how to earn world lock, and I farmed dirt for almost 3 months.
    IGN: genpasaporte | Level: 42

The "Lenny" of the forums!

How to know who is affiliated with Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by koala1018 View Post
    So, kids, this is why you should focus on Math at school. Math can help you figure out wether something/someone is linked to/part of the Illuminati, or not.

*some random guy asks for attractions in US*

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    You can check out the filthy Imperialist Pig-Dogs leashed by puppet strings by their Capitalist Enslavers known as Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Clark, Luzon,Phillipines, Asia, Earth , Third rock from the sun, Milky way galaxy, North Division

Unhappy Harsh

Let's get to the point.

There are immature people out there..... Many actually, But there also mature people. Growtopia is known bad to Newbies because of other people aka "PROS" are constently bragging about how many "World Locks" or how rare their "COOL ITEMS" are sometimes people are harsh this happens also happened to me when i was Level 14-39, To be honest it still happens..... Newbies also find it hard to earn world locks because their is no guide on the world START how to get a world lock. But they might find it in the shop which cost about 2,000 gems. Well the game works that way, Until they get 50 gems and buy a small lock to lock their world and get to experience the game more until they learn to socialize there will always be people to brag about their stuff and call you "noob" well there is one thing we just need to do in this situation : Enjoy The Game and hope that there will always be a person to lend you a helping hand ~ Sincerely REDLINE

Have a SPLENDID Morning/Evening/Night
    Bye
    "Someday everyone will just be a memory, While you are not yet one, Make the most it, To be the best memory "
    (Dont judge i can't get a profile picture :,3)

there basically the same and act the same.. please log onto a cod server with a bunch of 10 year old newbs and noobs or even better a cs:Go server with a bunch of newbs or noobs it's living hell they always act the same and scream on the top of their lungs this is why i always perm ban them from any of my servers ;/ and this applies in growtopia as well except the screaming on top of their lungs
    Sir. Noobs and newbs are two completely different players. Looks like you refused to look up the definitions on urbandictionary.com. Noobs are players who go around trade worlds, saying "donate me" or something. Noobs also refuse to do anything for themselves. Newbs are players who are actually new to the game and wants to get better. Newbs ask questions about the game and how to play it frequently. The point is: newbs can/will become pros and noobs will stay noobs forever. Get it? I hope you do. The kind of players you are talking about are only noobs, not newbs.

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    My Pokemon:

There was a time I decided to choose out one newb and "raise" him. I brought him to a random world and I gave him a wl to lock it. Then, I taught him how to farm basic seeds sell them. After some time, he came back to me with ripper wings. I was so happy I thought he at least knew the basics of farming. But you know what.. he broke the wl in his world and used the wl to buy ripper wings from a vending machine /fp

I gave up raising newbs since then
    IGN: cheezeXD (was CheezeBerry)
    Level: 42
    Main worlds are AMVN, AMVK and AMWN

Current Goals

Heh, my first video

Quote Originally Posted by CheezeBerry View Post
    There was a time I decided to choose out one newb and "raise" him. I brought him to a random world and I gave him a wl to lock it. Then, I taught him how to farm basic seeds sell them. After some time, he came back to me with ripper wings. I was so happy I thought he at least knew the basics of farming. But you know what.. he broke the wl in his world and used the wl to buy ripper wings from a vending machine /fp

I gave up raising newbs since then

Newbs don't know how the economy of Growtopia works yet. Here's the best way to raise newbs. They are like raising children, you have to be VERY specific with them and tell them who's boss. Make sure you tell them to ask for approval before they make decisions. If they make a decision without you that turns out to be bad, they learn the hard way. Also, teach them to be patient and not greedy. Impatient and greedy newbs will become noobs instead of pros.
    Last edited by Xgen; 05-03-2016 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Typo

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    My Pokemon:

Sometimes you need to learn for yourself without the assistance of others. Growtopia isn't too hard on newbies, because apparently, everyone is a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    Sometimes you need to learn for yourself without the assistance of others. Growtopia isn't too hard on newbies, because apparently, everyone is a newbie.
    It pains me to say it, but you're right. I was a newb for a very long time because no one wanted to help me. So I started learning things for myself when I go to reference maps and started using the wiki.

~~~~~TY~~~~~~
    My Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by genpasaporte922 View Post
    When I was a newbie, I emailed Support how to earn world lock, and I farmed dirt for almost 3 months.
    Get into my siggy!
    Quote Originally Posted by genpasaporte922 View Post