View Poll Results: Are Scammers Bad

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    28 42.42%
  • No.

    12 18.18%
  • Both

    26 39.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Are Scammers Truly Bad

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Tempting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,728

    Default Are Scammers Truly Bad

    Are scammers truly bad? I'm not sure. There are pros and cons of scammers, that will benefit everyone. Scammers may take items, but it should give the other person common sense in keeping their items safe. Then, the scammers probably get scammed, and if they're your typical 12 year old, they'll stop scamming too. Moderators also have their jobs because of scammers, which makes people look up to them. This basically creates a balanced cycle within the game, so it's hard to tell if scammers are good or bad. What do you think on the topic? (Feel free to openly express your opinion.)
    Last edited by Tempting; 05-08-2016 at 05:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Auburn Ny
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    Are scammers truly bad? I'm not sure. There are pros and cons of scammers, that will benefit everyone. Scammers may take items, but it should give the other person common sense in keeping their items safe. Then, the scammers probably get scammed, and if they're your typical 12 year old, they'll stop scamming too. Moderators also have their jobs because of scammers, which makes people look up to them. This basically creates a balanced cycle within the game, so it's hard to tell if scammers are good or bad. What do you think on the topic?
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    IGN:messifrompac
    Sorry if you are offended by my post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefuseKill69 View Post
    Yes I get VOTW every 3 days so I sell for cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    Quote Originally Posted by CELEBRATE View Post
    What? Do you want to scam locke?

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Juanma206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hiding in my cavern, spying Sage and trying to find out its gender.
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    This is the best response I have seen in I don't know, six months?
    Thanks to JanitorialDuties (from the Subterfuge Forums) for making me this profile picture!

    Check him out here in DeviantArt:
    http://newmconn.deviantart.com/

    Or in his subterfuge page (You have to log on to see his profile):
    http://forums.subterfuge-game.com/me...aea7ecd1d1f0f2

    See my new story here:http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...nma206-x-Knyts

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Hippohello2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) may want to look behind you and start running...
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    Not to mention the cop would also have his life at risk.
    Ign: Hippohello

    dank quotes

    5/7/2016: the worst account hacking by far.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Lollipopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Try to find me :O
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Nah, they are just too lazy to work for their items, so they use their brains(Not actually) to trick people.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Tempting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    Probably, yes. If you hadn't had security at that point, it'd be best to get it in the first place, but similar to how people don't have health insurance, and then get injured, they only realize after how important it is. That was a pretty tricky scenario you put there though. Growtopia isn't real life however, so it wouldn't get that serious, but I see what you mean.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Scamming is immoral, but it should not be illegal.
    Last edited by JOSHIE63; 05-08-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Auburn Ny
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    Probably, yes. If you hadn't had security at that point, it'd be best to get it in the first place, but similar to how people don't have health insurance, and then get injured, they only realize after how important it is. That was a pretty tricky scenario you put there though. Growtopia isn't real life however, so it wouldn't get that serious, but I see what you mean.
    Just I am the type of guy that people come to after they get scammed. I've seen the effect. So yea I see the damage scammers do to kids more then most.

    Games are supposed to be fun. I really don't think these kids should play this game having vultures flying over them all the time. If your adult that plays this game and scams your as pathetic as possible.

    Your right its just a game so why steal from kids just for some pixel bragging rights. Do you really think the game would be worse if all the scammers got some work ethic and Morales?

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Gooseneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    Lmao.....Nice
    I'm awesome !!
    Started game June 2013 and Forums August 2013
    Old IGN and forum name Ngreenwood74
    Created NASDAQ with my good friend Queenburt
    IGN: Gooseneck Level: 99

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer rnox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    /\/\ /-\ |_ /-\ ¥ $ | /-\
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    Scamming is bad, but about scammers, I'm not sure...
    Long gone...

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Eric Saad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lebanon
    Posts
    480

    Default

    When like 5-6 of my friends (maybe fangirls that tald me to add) come to me and say"pr0 pl0x halp meh he skemmured meh 2 wls uu pr0 halp",then i see that there's kids playing..if they get scamed they wont ammelior they'r security they dont even "know" how to secure their items,when i ask them who/how they got scamed,"he skem me i drup 1 wl he ban he nu give dlls to meh".
    My Goals :

    -Get Focused Eyes : 100/100
    -Get 10 Dls : 10/10
    -Get 20 Dls : 20/20
    -Get 200 Dls :37/200
    -Get 5 rings : 3/5 [Force-Gemini-Smithing]
    -Get 5 Trusted Friends : 3/5

    VISIT " 7A" IN GROWTOPIA [CHEAP VENDING SHOP][RSP BLOCKS]




    IGN : SurgeryFx

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer bagel124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    I beg to differ; a comparison between Scamming in a video game and a real-life robbery is an unfair comparison.

    In most cases, robbery is not the victim's fault, they can't control whether or not the robber decides to rob the house, only themselves can. Scamming is in most cases, the victim's fault, the victim chooses whether or not they trust the person. I may seem like a victim-blamer here (which is considered taboo), but the trust of a scammer is only dictated by the victim.

    A more fair comparison to real life robberies would be hacking (stealing items in a video game). That's just my personal opinion.

    In regards to the original post, I agree with what JOSHIE63 said (to a certain degree).
    ~bagel124
    You'll usually see me doing things in Growtopia. My IGN is bagel124.

    (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━⋆☆
    spicie meatball

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    AMA Threads Current Rank: Mini-Moderator
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bagel124 View Post
    I beg to differ; a comparison between Scamming in a video game and a real-life robbery is an unfair comparison.

    In most cases, robbery is not the victim's fault, they can't control whether or not the robber decides to rob the house, only themselves can. Scamming is in most cases, the victim's fault, the victim chooses whether or not they trust the person. I may seem like a victim-blamer here (which is considered taboo), but the trust of a scammer is only dictated by the victim.

    A more fair comparison to real life robberies would be hacking (stealing items in a video game). That's just my personal opinion.

    In regards to the original post, I agree with what JOSHIE63 said (to a certain degree).
    I second this. Hacking is more serious than just the normal drop game scam in the game itself. However, casinos have a negative effect on the children who plays GT so it was good that they removed them, although it was a quick way to earn WLs. I also got scammed in GT back in the dayz, and I learnt my way, learning that we shouldn't trust people easily and also be careful of what they say. Scamming in GT has its p and c but IRL, its c.
    [content removed due to singling players out]

    In-Game Name: BestBear
    Level: 27

    Quote Originally Posted by Infer_Growtopia View Post
    If you invest wls to SetBack, you will suffer a huge set back

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer SterbenPale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Indonesia,East Java
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Hmm well in my school sociology lesson all those bad things like stealing can be good to the country because the security sistem can be upgraded and it goes on...

    If its in game hmm... Its really a dilemma tho ._.
    Karma exist so you do bad things ,you will receive bad things too!(for scammer) so play with INTEGRITY
    BUT.. it can be a life lesson for people who getting scammed ,they can use the lesson when theyre older in real life! (We must protect our things carefully)
    Visit VENDWY for cheap SSP SHOP!
    Grow ID: SterbenPale

    SuperBroadcast and CustomBroadcast Business:

    EarthTemplar Logo:


    Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Metalwire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your heart♥️
    Posts
    5,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?
    Well in a way it is a good thing to keep things in order and balance, Take The food chain for example without seals the killer whales would slowly die off. Therefore the scammers presence Is a necessity. Not only does it give an example to players about what not to do. It also encourages them to do good when the moderaters are at sight. You may think that the world should all be good,but there always has to be a balance between good and evil,and as far as we hate those scammers their is still light inside them trying to break free. The only thing we can do is help them escape.
    Goals



    MY Poems


    Quotes
    #MakeGrowtopiaGreatAgain
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-something-BIG!

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer ZeroRarity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,303

    Default

    What's bad is bad. No, just because you learn something from something bad doesn't make it any good. The act is bad, the intent is bad, where is the good in that?

    That's why this world need laws in order to maintain peace, because some people do evil acts then try to cover up with their so-called "good" intentions. It's not that hard to do things that don't burden your fellowmen.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

    Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 13

    Encountered a problem? Email support@growtopiagame.com

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Auburn Ny
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalwire View Post
    Well in a way it is a good thing to keep things in order and balance, Take The food chain for example without seals the killer whales would slowly die off. Therefore the scammers presence Is a necessity. Not only does it give an example to players about what not to do. It also encourages them to do good when the moderaters are at sight. You may think that the world should all be good,but there always has to be a balance between good and evil,and as far as we hate those scammers their is still light inside them trying to break free. The only thing we can do is help them escape.
    I would rather be a good example of what to be then a bad example of what not to be. What seperates us from the animals and the food chain is that we are supposed to be civilized. Animals eat eachother out of survival not for bragging rights.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bagel124 View Post
    I beg to differ; a comparison between Scamming in a video game and a real-life robbery is an unfair comparison.

    In most cases, robbery is not the victim's fault, they can't control whether or not the robber decides to rob the house, only themselves can. Scamming is in most cases, the victim's fault, the victim chooses whether or not they trust the person. I may seem like a victim-blamer here (which is considered taboo), but the trust of a scammer is only dictated by the victim.

    A more fair comparison to real life robberies would be hacking (stealing items in a video game). That's just my personal opinion.

    In regards to the original post, I agree with what JOSHIE63 said (to a certain degree).
    If you can be a thief in a game you can be a thief in real life. I 100% believe that. If you have no issues stealing in a game I can only assume you have no issues stealing from a friend in real life. No wait in the game everybodys who is a thief is an angel in real life... makes sense. Gt logic...

  19. #19
    Peasant ParadoxMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Scammers are not that bad. They are just trying to find new ways to get profit. People who got scammed are just not smart enough to use common sense! I DO NOT SUPPORT SCAMMERS!, so please, DO NOT reply with "AA! Thatas guy is scammer aban him AA. He loves scammer ssss !!!!!!!!"
    “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer iStolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    EE
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    IMO, they're bad.
    They're stealing other people's hard earned items, and I guess it's hard for them to earn the lost items back, but they can..
    Join The Unofficial Growtopia Discord Server by Rush
    Got any ideas you'd like to see in Growtopia YouTube videos? PM me, I'll make them reality, or, at least try to!

    Thanks Rush for the signature!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •