Thread: Warning: May be distrubing

Knight

Default Warning: May be disturbing

So, I flipped to CNN yesterday, and what do you think I see?

Dead man riding: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...les.html?cat=5

If you've seen the video, you know it is not for the faint of heart (no, really!). Since this refers to the funeral business, this may interest some of us. Though, I gotta admit, it is a little creepy.
    Last edited by Mister Brooks; 07-28-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Typo on the thread title

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Brooks View Post

If you've seen the video, you know it is not for the faint of heart (no, really!). Since this refers to the funeral business, this may interest some of us. Though, I gotta admit, it is a little creepy.
    Alrighty, then......

Knight

Wink

Even though it took me forever to actually access the link I finally watched it... It was good I enjoyed reading the text more though, and I could actually start a new thread about my opinions... But I don't have the time or energy atm. Very informative tbh. So, thank you Mister Brooks, please feel free to give us who are interested, more links lol

Knight

Cool

In the CNN version there was a part about a guy standing at his own funeral. Well, isn't that nice?

Knight

In the CNN version there was a part about a guy standing at his own funeral. Well, isn't that nice?
    That sounds quite cool lol It would be interesting to know what others would like at their funeral... Personally, I've changed my mind about 3 times in the past 6 months lol That could be a new thread Mister Brooks

Lesser Wizard

Burn me us and sprinkle my ashes in the ocean! FISH FOOD

Knight

In the past two weeks, 2 of my fish were deceased before you :/

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Burn me us and sprinkle my ashes in the ocean! FISH FOOD
    I also wanna be cremated, but, as yet, I'm undecided where I want my ashes to be spread, I've changed my mind 3 times lol. What I have done though, is wrote my obituary that I want going in the newspaper, and also anything and everything I want at my service. Notice I never said Funeral service? I'm having a celebration of life, nothing morbid about it, I'll be the only one allowed to wear black as it's my fave colour . Saying that, I'll be dead lol, I'll just have to trust and hope people will carry out my last wishes. As long as they don't put a pic of me looking like --> I'll be fine LOL. I did slightly resemble that after a bit too much wine at the weekend though haha. I've already told friends that the less they spend on the funeral, the more there'll be for the wake lol... Now there's an idea... I may choose to have my ashes sprinkled in a large glass of fine white wine... Then I can always be innebriated (v. drunk lol) I was gonna put s**t-faced, but I don't wanna swear and set a bad example... Heehee Hawk: Tell me stop rambling on and on as per

Knight

In the past two weeks, 2 of my fish were deceased before you :/
    I'm sorry about your fish Mister Brooks

Wow you guys are already planning how you want your remains disposed after you die?! Someone has a bit too much free time.. Instead, why don't you put your energy towards making a name for yourself that will last forever after you're gone. Just a thought.

Lesser Wizard

BTW....yes, i do have a lot of free time on my hands, not because I want it that way either. But, being prepared even for your own death helps take the burdens off your family, friends and loved ones to do it for you. I want to be cremated because of the cost, less expensive and less obtrusive to the environment. Dead bodies in caskets do take up room you know that could be utilized for good purposes other than burying someone, expensively, I might add. Just think about all of the acreages going to waste that could be used to produce food or something else. Just saying.