Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm an idiot even in my dreams

Default I'm an idiot even in my dreams

I finally managed to lucid dream, and the first thing I decided to do after realising I'm dreaming was to wake myself up.
    Wttf brain
    y u do dis

Well i am now trying to do it but no results.
    LEVEL 50!
    Awesome pixel art of my character by Knyts.
    When doing something,always have reason to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbOldDoor View Post
    I finally managed to lucid dream, and the first thing I decided to do after realising I'm dreaming was to wake myself up.
    Wttf brain
    y u do dis
    So you dont want to dream.
    Ingredients to make a Doomsayer:

- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
    - 2/3 teaspoon More Salt
    - 9/11 cups of Sarcasm
    - 5 tons of Memes
    - 8 kg Intelligance
    - Special Sauce

Wttf brain
    y u do dis
    At least you saved yourself from lucid dreaming's side effect. ... Sleep paralysis.
    IGN: CandleJack
    Twitter: ItsCandleJack

> Check My Threads Out: <

Quote Originally Posted by A Friendly Reminder
    "We don't have the privilege to start drama anymore"

Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    At least you saved yourself from lucid dreaming's side effect. ... Sleep paralysis.
    Sleeping forever....

- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
    - 2/3 teaspoon More Salt
    - 9/11 cups of Sarcasm
    - 5 tons of Memes
    - 8 kg Intelligance
    - Special Sauce

Master Sorcerer

Same here. Lucid dreaming is very rare for me and I always somehow manage to wake myself up /)_-
    Wanna hear a lame joke I made?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    So if I robbed your house you would view it as good because it gives cops a job and teach you to get a security system?

Quote Originally Posted by BudderMeow View Post
    Same here. Lucid dreaming is very rare for me and I always somehow manage to wake myself up /)_-
    Im seeing lucid nightmares, I can't escape my dream.

- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
    - 2/3 teaspoon More Salt
    - 9/11 cups of Sarcasm
    - 5 tons of Memes
    - 8 kg Intelligance
    - Special Sauce

What's lucid dreaming?
    IGN=SlappaDoo, [Used to be AtMax and qwertynox], Adding forumers!

Slappa of the forums!

Cool art

Make sure to check this out!

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyNox101 View Post
    What's lucid dreaming?
    Lucid dreaming is when you are dreaming and you know that you are dreaming. When you are lucid dreaming, you can do anything you want, even fly and stuff.
    It's yo boi GrowHits!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowHits View Post
    Lucid dreaming is when you are dreaming and you know that you are dreaming. When you are lucid dreaming, you can do anything you want, even fly and stuff.
    I would like to mention that flying is able to do because there are no laws of phisycs so you can also go trought walls and so.
    LEVEL 50!
    Awesome pixel art of my character by Knyts.
    When doing something,always have reason to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsayer View Post
    Sleeping forever....
    I want to stay in my fantasy forever.

6-6-6 x Knyts
    6-6-6 Love ME!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowHits View Post
    Ooh, I think I have been there, sometimes when I am asleep, I am aware that myself is sleeping.
    But I never do stuff like that.
    IGN=SlappaDoo, [Used to be AtMax and qwertynox], Adding forumers!

Slappa of the forums!

Cool art

Make sure to check this out!

Dream interpreter here, perhaps my insight could help...

Wttf brain
    y u do dis
    This is because your mind becomes so excited about the thought of lucid dreaming that you wake yourself up from the rush, the trick is to remain relaxed and "ease" into the lucidity, when you become adapt at achieving a lucid dream state, you can train your mind to make the dreams more clear and vivid and thus, more memorable when you wake up. You got as far as being able to lucid dream, if you can just calm your mind after that initial realization that you're dreaming (what I refer to as the "OMG" stage) then you're pretty much set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    Sleeping forever....
    Im seeing lucid nightmares, I can't escape my dream.
    >muh sleep paralysis nightmares of doom

This usually only happens if you're trying to to the WILD technique or even trying to Astral Project (for mundanes, that just means a VERY powerful lucid dream but it's so much more than that when you know what you're doing)...Even then it's very rare for you to experience it fully. Sleep paralysis happens more or less every night, it stops you rolling out of your bed and acting your dreams as you're sleeping, but if your mind is awake while your body goes to sleep (WILD technique), it is possible to achieve a rather scary phenomenon called sleep paralysis, your body literally falls asleep while your mind is awake, you can't move, if your mind is already in a state of dreaming you can even see hallucinations in extreme cases... I used to have night terrors and constant sleep paralysis, I know that it can be scary but the trick is to just relax and know that nothing can hurt you, it's all in your mind...

But don't let that stop you from attempting lucid dreaming, it only ever happens in extreme cases and causes no harm, with enough brute willpower you can shake yourself out of it, and it's very rare to occur anyway so don't let scaremongering stories about "evil frog beings from out of space touching you up as you're frozen in fear" stop you, that's not going to happen...

And as for very vivid nightmares, the one thing that will keep you from waking up in a cold sweat clutching your heart and checking that you're alive is the fact that none of it can harm you, no matter how vivid or realistic the nightmare seems... It's all in your head...

In my dreams I can feel everything, pain, fear, happiness, joy... It's one hell of an experience when I really get going, nightmares and negative dreams seldom happen because I have trained my mind so well, but these things can happen if you're new to it all, as always, keep a steady mind, a flighty heart will not serve you well when lucid dreaming, just keep calm and know it's only a dream.
    ---> I have changed my in game name to Thadirth. <---
    WiiU ID: Thadadir

Thada's box of stuff *Updated 16/5/2016*
    #22: ":^)" edition

Never tried lucid dreaming, sounds cool though, doing whatever I want but the side effect sounds too spooky
    IGN: Polarian

If you have a problem in Growtopia, contact
    support@growtopiagame.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrthadawee View Post
    Dream interpreter here, perhaps my insight could help...

This is because your mind becomes so excited about the thought of lucid dreaming that you wake yourself up from the rush, the trick is to remain relaxed and "ease" into the lucidity, when you become adapt at achieving a lucid dream state, you can train your mind to make the dreams more clear and vivid and thus, more memorable when you wake up. You got as far as being able to lucid dream, if you can just calm your mind after that initial realization that you're dreaming (what I refer to as the "OMG" stage) then you're pretty much set.
    Mm no not really. I'm aware that this can happen but I wasn't excited at all. In my dream, I realized this is so bizarre and that it must be a dream so I wanted to wake up and shaked and pinched myself (in my dream) and woke up. Right after waking up I realized, "oh wait.. That's exactly what lucid dreaming is...." and then the facepalm hit.

(Idk If this means anything, but maybe Mr dream interpreter knows anything about this; as I said I made myself wake up from the original dream, and then I saw myself wake up in a SECOND dream whigh felt insanely real. I'll describe it a little because it was really weird and I remember it very clearly: like I said, I saw myself wake up in the second dream, in there I was paralysed, in a sitting position, I couldn't speak. One of my eyes was fine but the other was blurry and half closed. The room I was in was nothing like the room I sleep in; it was bright and yellowish. Also, there were small dogs everywhere on the floor.

Note that this "second dream" only lasted for literally 3-4 seconds. First a second of surprise and a "dafuk" reaction, then 2 seconds of fear and then I woke up for real.

Is that what sleep paralysis is? Or is my mind just doing weird dream-y stuff?)

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyNox101 View Post
    Ooh, I think I have been there, sometimes when I am asleep, I am aware that myself is sleeping.
    But I never do stuff like that.
    Sounds like you are yet to have the awareness of the difference between reality and dreams...

Sounds weird, but your subconscious can easily mistake what's real from what's not, excessive exposure to games and TV is the main cause of this from what I've seen, but it could just be because your dreams aren't as fully fledged as they need to be to actually lucid dream properly...

When in a dream, try to notice if there's anything odd or out of place, looking in a mirror sees no reflection? Boom! Dreaming... You have more fingers than you should have? Boom! Dreaming and weird hands too :^)

Your mind won't process the tiniest of details perfectly correct so look out for odd things in your dream.
    ---> I have changed my in game name to Thadirth. <---
    WiiU ID: Thadadir

Thada's box of stuff *Updated 16/5/2016*
    #22: ":^)" edition

I used to be someone, now I'm someone else.

Wttf brain
    y u do dis
    Well if you say you're an idiot and your friend tries to comfort you by saying "in your dreams", it'll turn out to be an insult instead. :^)
    IGN: SpookyTrisha

Instagram: trishaxkris_gt - I post drawings daily/weekly! Send requests if you want. ( No anime )

Lucid dreaming can be extended by looking down and spinning in a circle for a short amount of time. Also, try not to excessively blink in a lucid dream, which could cause you to wake up.

I would try to lucid dream, but I already have almost no dreams at all. I might remember one dream after waking up once every two months or something.

Wttf brain
    y u do dis
    Atleast you were capable of doing it! Lucid dreaming is something that I have yet to achieve. TBH, it sounds too complicated.
    - When you argue with an idiot, you become one. -