Thread: How Do I Increase Typing Endurance?

Default How Do I Increase Typing Endurance?

I honestly believe that 110 WPM is fast enough for me as a 14 year old. However, after typing for around 30 minutes, my accuracy drops to around 92%, and my speed is lowered to around 80 WPM. I was wondering if there is any specific thing I can do to increase my accuracy and speed after long periods of typing. The only place I might be able to think of is custom paragraphs on 10fastfingers.com that are 300-2000 words long.
    Last edited by Tempting; 06-11-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Yeah, I have been wondering too. I think 30 WPM is pretty good with an accuracy of 50%, but after a while of forum browsing, I stop trying when I see this post.

I think you are good enough, honestly.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    Yeah, I have been wondering too. I think 30 WPM is pretty good with an accuracy of 50%, but after a while of forum browsing, I stop trying when I see this post.

I think you are good enough, honestly.
    If you use 2 fingers, then the best you might be able to do without taking drugs for your fingers is 45 WPM or so. I use all ten fingers, which is probably why I can do so. Even though you think I'm good at it, I still think it'd be best to have good endurance.

Master Sorcerer

I've been typing around 110wpm ever since I was 15 and its never gone much higher.
    I'm not sure if typing endurance can even be improved, or at least very difficult to improve because fingers directly dont have muscles, and will just wear out from unvariabled exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by peck View Post
    I've been typing around 110wpm ever since I was 15 and its never gone much higher.
    I'm not sure if typing endurance can even be improved, or at least very difficult to improve because fingers directly dont have muscles, and will just wear out from unvariabled exhaustion.
    I think it could just be typing for long periods of time, so that you can get used to long periods of typing, although that puts you at higher risk of RSI, which I really don't want to get.

Master Sorcerer

5% difference, why does it even matter`? You already type faster than 99,9% of human population.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevishGT View Post
    "Offencive" things in growtopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtsnake View Post
    ''Ofensive'' not offencive lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by PiZaHuTt View Post
    Your wrong too. Offensive
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSmoke View Post
    You're. You are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wronix View Post
    5% difference, why does it even matter`? You already type faster than 99,9% of human population.
    That's because 99.9% of the human population type by searching the keyboard with their pointer fingers. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    That's because 99.9% of the human population type by searching the keyboard with their pointer fingers. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    That wasn't really my question but ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by KevishGT View Post
    "Offencive" things in growtopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtsnake View Post
    ''Ofensive'' not offencive lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by PiZaHuTt View Post
    Your wrong too. Offensive
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSmoke View Post
    You're. You are.

Master Sorcerer

If you use 2 fingers, then the best you might be able to do without taking drugs for your fingers is 45 WPM or so. I use all ten fingers, which is probably why I can do so. Even though you think I'm good at it, I still think it'd be best to have good endurance.
    I (sometimes) use only my index fingers and my thumbs. I took the typing test and I got around 90+ WPM.

Haha, no. I don't... use... drugs...
    Reality flickers as you begin to wake up.

LemonJews

Growtopia Meme Page Owner:
    @freshlemonjews

Growtopia Wikia Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Wronix View Post
    That wasn't really my question but ok..
    Oh. I never answered the question. I think I'd like endurance to finish essays and homework faster. That's about it. It's also more convenient when you use electronics constantly, like me.

Oh. I never answered the question. I think I'd like endurance to finish essays and homework faster. That's about it. It's also more convenient when you use electronics constantly, like me.
    Write essays for fun, if you don't get sufficient results rewrite the essay.

:]
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Write essays for fun, if you don't get sufficient results rewrite the essay.

:]
    I'm not a fan of the literacy department in school, and instead prefer the math and sciences. I do use these forums and the internet a lot though, so I believe that counts as practice.

I'm not a fan of the literacy department in school, and instead prefer the math and sciences. I do use these forums and the internet a lot though, so I believe that counts as practice.
    Type scientific reports.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

You should practice memorizing the keyboard. here's a trick i learned myself. when you are typing face anywhere but the board. Because when you see the keyboard you won't type faster with the accuracy.
    try to face somewhere , don't face on the keyboard the more you look the more your brain thinks more words slower.

Serf

I've never been higher than 70 WPM lol... But idk if that's good or no since i don't use all fingers. I just memorize the place of the keyboard keys and my nearest finger will auto click it LOL
    Account Status:

Level = 63
    EconomicStatus= Noob
    Fav Item = Polar Bear & Angel Wings
    Current Set = Pink And White Set
    Days Played = 630
    Hours Played = 1535 Hours
    Surgery Skill = 34
    Worlds Count = 37
    Tackle Count = 57