Thread: How would say how hard coding is?

Default How would say how hard coding is?

Im just curious, i had alot of game ideas, but whenever i see streams of code, it makes me worry its something i cant do. So if anyone can give me some.. idk what to call it... "personal experience" that would be great. Tanks
    "I could really use a pineapple free pizza from the future right now..."

It's just hard to understand a bunch of code if you don't know the language

Serf

Well, nothing is impossible, you can learn everything from YouTube. I did not know anything about development, i learnt it from YouTube and now i am working as a full time web developer.

Lesser Wizard

For 3D games, you need great knowledge of Maths, because you will be dealing with three planes; x, y and z. Collision with 3D is a pain hence you see so many noclip bugs in so many games. 2D games much easier to deal with due to having two planes, x and y. Most game engines do this for you, but it does limit you in some way. That's why a lot of game companies just write their own engine from zero.

Next step is realizing the concept; depending on how you made your engine or what you're using, the difficulty varies. Writing spaghetti code won't get you far, because you'll get stuck in that spaghetti eventually and can't add new content because either it's too hard to read your own code or very unoptimized.

Once you actually managed to pull everything off, it all comes down to marketing. Game companies have huge marketing budget, but as an individual you won't have that much. You could do same as Seth did with Growtopia, start silently, friend tells to another friend.
    Sometimes, a good thing comes to an end.
    My Discord

Difficult or complex at times but once you're used to it, it gets really smooth and fun. Personally, I have been working in various engines for many years which helps. What I did was I used smaller, simpler engines such as scratch.mit.edu and slowly got better and used better engines until I was a much more skilled programmer.
    retardedzlockgaming on the Growtopia Forums. But this place is very tame,
    and not as chaotic, so I'll hang here too.