Thread: What are you watching/playing/reading/listening to?

Default What are you watching/playing/reading/listening to?

What are you wasting your time on?

I'm currently just finishing up some shows that I've had on hold for a while. Right now it's the last season of Hajime no Ippo, which I started 542 days ago... Also planning on finishing the last three seasons of Daria soon. Haven't really watched anything live action recently.

I was recently given a sims 3 key on origin, but have only spent like two hours so far in game. I also accidentally redeemed my Dino Run DX key on steam, so I guess I'll have to play that soon.

With reading, mostly just reddit and twitter. Also some reddit alternative called tildes. Have been getting distracted by lots lately.

No music really, just anime themes as I'm watching them (I finally got around to watching Evangelion, pretty great OP).

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    What are you wasting your time o-
    alright hold it right there

started using my netflix account after having it collect dust for the past year or two, i also bought sid meier's civilization v and have been playing other games that i've never really touched before, but still have in my steam library.

hajime no ippo had multiple seasons? i remember watching it, but eh.. ill just do some googling
    [COLOR=Kranken][/COLOR]

Click on the spoiler to show how many damn's I got. By clicking there, you'll give me a damn.

Get free levels in GETFREELEVELS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    hajime no ippo had multiple seasons? i remember watching it, but eh.. ill just do some googling
    I don't know if I should call them seasons. Maybe series. It isn't bad, but nowhere near as good as the first. That was god tier.

Anyways, you probably looked it up already, but here you go:
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo (1st, 75 episodes)
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/12069/...xer_no_Kobushi (Side story, 1 episode)
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/264/Ha..._Champion_Road (2nd, movie)
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/265/Ha...hiba_vs_Kimura (3rd, movie)
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/5258/H...New_Challenger (4th, 26 episodes)
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/19647/...o_Ippo__Rising (5th, 25 episodes)

Arrow Kinda new to this stuff lol

Watching: I'm currently watching black clover, which i think is a good anime, but it gets a lot of hate because of how the MC always yells

Playing: Mobile Legends, Growtopia. I also play Ultra Moon on my 3ds.

Reading: I'm into Isekai manga, Currently Reading "Reincarnated as a Slime", But my personal favorite is Mx0.

Listening: Nightcore, and some TWICE.
    I got into k-pop because of my friend.
    Jarcase

Quote Originally Posted by Jarcase View Post
    Watching: I'm currently watching black clover, which i think is a good anime, but it gets a lot of hate because of how the MC always yells
    I stopped watching it at episode 17 because I usually like watching a show all at once, and it wasn't that exciting. Would you say it gets more exciting past around that spot? Do you think I should start watching it again, or just wait until the series is over with?

Watching? Well, I am very slowly finishing up the first season of “When They Cry.” It is difficult to watch if one does not prepare themselves to watch it.

Reading? Well, there is always academic texts for summer prep work. Though, on my own, I did manage to finally read Slaughterhouse Five, a book I had missed out on due to my choices of literature courses. Also, I reread Machiavelli simply because I remembered I cited a quote in “The Prince” for my history exam (that scores were just released for). It is a relatively short read provided one has the time to comprehend it (also reading it a second time is much quicker).

Playing? Well, not too many games. I picked up the AOE series just before Steam’s Summer Sale (it was discounted more befoee the sale), but I have yet to really play them. I have had soccer three times a week, plus archery practices every other weekend, so I have had to sacrifice any gaming.

As far as music, I like revisiting Frank Ocean’s Endless album because it fits well with summer. I always prattle on about him, but I love his music and appreciate his immense talent. Other than that, various upcoming albums hav caught my eye, such as the new Gorrillaz album. Nothing too interesting.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    Watching? Well, I am very slowly finishing up the first season of “When They Cry.” It is difficult to watch if one does not prepare themselves to watch it.
    Oh man, horror? I don't know what I was expecting looking that up, but am a big fan of the sad stuff. Not so much horror...

Reading? Well, there is always academic texts for summer prep work. Though, on my own, I did manage to finally read Slaughterhouse Five, a book I had missed out on due to my choices of literature courses. Also, I reread Machiavelli simply because I remembered I cited a quote in “The Prince” for my history exam (that scores were just released for). It is a relatively short read provided one has the time to comprehend it (also reading it a second time is much quicker).
    AP scores? Those were just released. I finally took an AP class this last year and just barely made it by with a three! Are you currently in or about to start college? If so, and you don't mind my asking, what sort of classes do you plan on taking? I'm just going to a community college and still have a little time to choose my actual classes. No idea what I'm doing, so for now I'm just planning on some liberal arts degree (as I hear that's the go to no idea sort of course) with classes I don't actually care for.

Playing? Well, not too many games. I picked up the AOE series just before Steam’s Summer Sale (it was discounted more befoee the sale), but I have yet to really play them. I have had soccer three times a week, plus archery practices every other weekend, so I have had to sacrifice any gaming.
    Oh hey, way to keep active. I haven't done any sort of sports in years. I completely discounted the possibility of actual psychical activity and such. I like running, but haven't done that much lately.

As far as music, I like revisiting Frank Ocean’s Endless album because it fits well with summer. I always prattle on about him, but I love his music and appreciate his immense talent. Other than that, various upcoming albums hav caught my eye, such as the new Gorrillaz album. Nothing too interesting.
    Neat, neat. I'll have to check those out. I'm so out of touch when it comes to music.

I stopped watching it at episode 17 because I usually like watching a show all at once, and it wasn't that exciting. Would you say it gets more exciting past around that spot? Do you think I should start watching it again, or just wait until the series is over with?
    It really depends on you. Me, I watch it when episodes come out, because i like watching it weekly. It might be because i already read the manga and want to see scenes animated lol
    Owh and It is very exiting beyond that point. Wont spoil anything though
    Jarcase

Oh man, horror? I don't know what I was expecting looking that up, but am a big fan of the sad stuff. Not so much horror...
    I like seinen in general. To be honest, I am not too much a fan of horror, either, but this particular anime executes great storytelling with eerie foreshadowing and what I think to be "what if" alternate timelines on the plot. I cannot explain it well, as I am trying to hold off on reading posts that summarize what the plot actually is due to spoilers, but if horror turns you off, this is DEFINITELY not the show for you.

Hmm...sad? I have a few ones I can think of, but they are pretty mainstream, and I doubt someone who is more knowledgeable about anime than I has not seen them. I can try to sift through my MAL that I never update to see if I have any recommendations you have not watched yet.

AP scores? Those were just released. I finally took an AP class this last year and just barely made it by with a three! Are you currently in or about to start college? If so, and you don't mind my asking, what sort of classes do you plan on taking? I'm just going to a community college and still have a little time to choose my actual classes. No idea what I'm doing, so for now I'm just planning on some liberal arts degree (as I hear that's the go to no idea sort of course) with classes I don't actually care for.
    I will be a senior this upcoming school year. I have passed seven AP courses so far and expect a total of eleven by the end of next year. I just really do not want to have a crushing financial burden if I decide to go out of state. As for my courses, as one could expect, I took many Advanced Placement classes ranging from histories to sciences to English Literature. However, as my interest lie in microbiology, immunology, epidemiology, etc., I delved heavily into courses like AP Biology and AP Chemistry while taking elective science courses like Anatomy & Physiology and, as painstaking as it was, Forensic Science. For one looking to earn a liberal arts degree, I am not the one to consult. The path is a lot clearer for science and math professions as to what one needs to do, but I would probably assume a broad variety of courses such as World Cultures (or any history equivalent), psychology (possibly), marketing, and anything that may be useful for any job you may land yourself. It is important to understand that the liberal arts degree is very flexible one that could range from business and marketing to something more tech-related like assisting in software development. High school is meant to provide you with opportunities you may not even need, so even if you are stuck as to how to schedule your courses, selecting things that interest you could never do wrong.

Of course, you should enjoy what field you want to go into. I think contriving eagerness during a job interview is one thing, but being genuinely interested in your studies goes a long way. But I am no guidance counselor; I am simply guessing at what might help.

Oh hey, way to keep active. I haven't done any sort of sports in years. I completely discounted the possibility of actual psychical activity and such. I like running, but haven't done that much lately.
    Well, if the tense feeling in my hamstring is anything serious, that might be out of the picture for some time.

But running is quite a great activity! It is very self-motivated and a good way to exercise even if you do not possess any of the skills for actual sports.

Neat, neat. I'll have to check those out. I'm so out of touch when it comes to music.
    I feel the same. My tastes in music are a little different. I think discussing music and discovering new music on the internet is a lot easier than attempting the same conversation with someone in real life unless one comes across somebody really open-minded to all genres of music.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

Also, I reread Machiavelli simply because I remembered I cited a quote in “The Prince” for my history exam (that scores were just released for).
    "Only with the heart can one see rightly, what is essential is invisble to the eye." xD
    Jarcase

Hmm...sad? I have a few ones I can think of, but they are pretty mainstream, and I doubt someone who is more knowledgeable about anime than I has not seen them. I can try to sift through my MAL that I never update to see if I have any recommendations you have not watched yet.
    Well, I mean, I have seen a lot. However, I've also only seen 27 out of the top fifty anime on MAL. I jump around a lot. I watch pretty much everything, and as such end up missing out on a lot as well. So, you never know. I'd appreciate any and all recommendations.

I will be a senior this upcoming school year. I have passed seven AP courses so far and expect a total of eleven by the end of next year. I just really do not want to have a crushing financial burden if I decide to go out of state. As for my courses, as one could expect, I took many Advanced Placement classes ranging from histories to sciences to English Literature. However, as my interest lie in microbiology, immunology, epidemiology, etc., I delved heavily into courses like AP Biology and AP Chemistry while taking elective science courses like Anatomy & Physiology and, as painstaking as it was, Forensic Science. For one looking to earn a liberal arts degree, I am not the one to consult. The path is a lot clearer for science and math professions as to what one needs to do, but I would probably assume a broad variety of courses such as World Cultures (or any history equivalent), psychology (possibly), marketing, and anything that may be useful for any job you may land yourself. It is important to understand that the liberal arts degree is very flexible one that could range from business and marketing to something more tech-related like assisting in software development. High school is meant to provide you with opportunities you may not even need, so even if you are stuck as to how to schedule your courses, selecting things that interest you could never do wrong.

Of course, you should enjoy what field you want to go into. I think contriving eagerness during a job interview is one thing, but being genuinely interested in your studies goes a long way. But I am no guidance counselor; I am simply guessing at what might help.
    Holy moly, last year was my senior year, and I only took that one course. It was Gov, and I already took civics so I thought that'd be real easy. I was wrong lol. Of course I never actually studied out of class. My work ethic is terrible, and I'm guessing I'm in for some trouble in college next year. I really do wish I took more advantage of my high school career. I'll probably leave my class selections to last minute. While I am keeping them in mind, I still have no idea. I do get that you're no guidance counselor, but I still do appreciate the guessing - It's as good as mine.

Well, if the tense feeling in my hamstring is anything serious, that might be out of the picture for some time.
    I've seen enough sports anime to know that there is always some limit you should take into account. I just got done listening to Ippo getting yelled at by his doctor.

I feel the same. My tastes in music are a little different. I think discussing music and discovering new music on the internet is a lot easier than attempting the same conversation with someone in real life unless one comes across somebody really open-minded to all genres of music.
    It turns out Despacito is actually the most viewed YouTube video in the world. I honestly never heard of it until it starting popping up in memes this year, and didn't know it was anything more than a meme until a mention in an Ars Technica post. I still have yet to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarcase View Post
    It really depends on you. Me, I watch it when episodes come out, because i like watching it weekly. It might be because i already read the manga and want to see scenes animated lol
    Owh and It is very exiting beyond that point. Wont spoil anything though
    Oh man, it looks like it's actually pretty close to finishing up, but I'll have to pick that up again too.

Well, I mean, I have seen a lot. However, I've also only seen 27 out of the top fifty anime on MAL. I jump around a lot. I watch pretty much everything, and as such end up missing out on a lot as well. So, you never know. I'd appreciate any and all recommendations.
    Well, I do not really have as many “sad” ones on my list as I thought. I have 3-Gatsu no Lion, which it not necessarily all sad. To be vague as possible, it shows the life of high schooler gifted with talent for shogi. It mainly shows the many lessons life has to offer, most of them being pretty sad overall. But it is not really all sad.

It is a great perspective told through an interesting narrative if one can tolerate a bit of monologue from time to time.

Elfen Lied is quite sad…but it is just as grotesque, if not more so, than the aforementioned anime. Probably a turn-off.

Holy moly, last year was my senior year, and I only took that one course. It was Gov, and I already took civics so I thought that'd be real easy. I was wrong lol. Of course I never actually studied out of class. My work ethic is terrible, and I'm guessing I'm in for some trouble in college next year. I really do wish I took more advantage of my high school career. I'll probably leave my class selections to last minute. While I am keeping them in mind, I still have no idea. I do get that you're no guidance counselor, but I still do appreciate the guessing - It's as good as mine.
    Ayy, Gov. seems like a great class, which is why I decided to take it. We get Comparative Government and U.S. Government for the price of one AP class, but we still need to take two tests, which sucks.

And I did not know you were out of high school! I do not really know how to schedule for college either, so I guess that will be a new experience. Usually they force you to take a bunch of really lame and impractical courses, but if you can make them worthwhile, then all the better.

I've seen enough sports anime to know that there is always some limit you should take into account. I just got done listening to Ippo getting yelled at by his doctor.
    I probably should take it easy…
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

Watching: the final of the world cup, gg france
    Playing: shovel knight, i really like this game and im hyped for the new campaign about king knight
    Reading: the last book that i have read it was don juan tenorio, a spanish story writtin like a poem
    Listening: bet that no one knows that song
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed Albadi View Post
    @SETH+@HAMUMU CAN YOU UBA FOR ME BECUS I don’t know WHAT DID I DO For BANNED/my user safsaood123 and growtopia is my life I don’t get any games best then growtopia/and thank you if you read my msg
    srry for bad grammar

Gif by Magestygt

What are you wasting your time on?

I'm currently just finishing up some shows that I've had on hold for a while. Right now it's the last season of Hajime no Ippo, which I started 542 days ago... Also planning on finishing the last three seasons of Daria soon. Haven't really watched anything live action recently.

I was recently given a sims 3 key on origin, but have only spent like two hours so far in game. I also accidentally redeemed my Dino Run DX key on steam, so I guess I'll have to play that soon.

With reading, mostly just reddit and twitter. Also some reddit alternative called tildes. Have been getting distracted by lots lately.

No music really, just anime themes as I'm watching them (I finally got around to watching Evangelion, pretty great OP).
    rewatching cardcaptor sakura for the billionth time, and trying to build houses in the Sims 3 and 4 and failing lmao

also yeeee tell me what you think of eva when you finish

also ive been listening to babymetal and i need to sTOP
    I am a pretty pink unicorn,and sailor of justice. I am none other than.. Peter Griffin!

Just Kidding. I'm Princess Serenity Chibi Usagi Tsukino (Bit Long don't you think?)

Just call me Chibiusa~ or you know Kimi is cool too

Well, I do not really have as many “sad” ones on my list as I thought. I have 3-Gatsu no Lion, which it not necessarily all sad. To be vague as possible, it shows the life of high schooler gifted with talent for shogi. It mainly shows the many lessons life has to offer, most of them being pretty sad overall. But it is not really all sad.

It is a great perspective told through an interesting narrative if one can tolerate a bit of monologue from time to time.

Elfen Lied is quite sad…but it is just as grotesque, if not more so, than the aforementioned anime. Probably a turn-off.
    Man, 3-Gatsu no Lion is actually one of the shows I've had on hold. I have a problem with starting shows and not getting through more than the first episode. I usually end up liking them, but first episodes suck. I'll have to finish that as well.

Elfen Lied was actually good. Maybe I do not actually dislike horror. Most of the time it isn't bad or anything. I mean, I would never seek it out, but I can usually handle it. I still think about that one Goosebumps movie I saw as a kid, though. That still gets to me. I dunno.

Ayy, Gov. seems like a great class, which is why I decided to take it. We get Comparative Government and U.S. Government for the price of one AP class, but we still need to take two tests, which sucks.

And I did not know you were out of high school! I do not really know how to schedule for college either, so I guess that will be a new experience. Usually they force you to take a bunch of really lame and impractical courses, but if you can make them worthwhile, then all the better.
    RIP. I hear that they're redesigning the gov course next year and that it's supposed to be a lot harder or something. I wish you luck.

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Quote Originally Posted by holaloh View Post
    Watching: the final of the world cup, gg france
    Did you see the new flag of France?

Quote Originally Posted by Chibiusa View Post
    rewatching cardcaptor sakura for the billionth time, and trying to build houses in the Sims 3 and 4 and failing lmao

also yeeee tell me what you think of eva when you finish
    Cardcaptor is yet another show I have only seen the first episode of. I will get to it, though, I swear!

Eva is was good.
    Last edited by Raqk; 07-17-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Man, 3-Gatsu no Lion is actually one of the shows I've had on hold. I have a problem with starting shows and not getting through more than the first episode. I usually end up liking them, but first episodes suck. I'll have to finish that as well.

Elfen Lied was actually good. Maybe I do not actually dislike horror. Most of the time it isn't bad or anything. I mean, I would never seek it out, but I can usually handle it. I still think about that one Goosebumps movie I saw as a kid, though. That still gets to me. I dunno.

RIP. I hear that they're redesigning the gov course next year and that it's supposed to be a lot harder or something. I wish you luck.

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Did you see the new flag of France?

Cardcaptor is yet another show I have only seen the first episode of. I will get to it, though, I swear!

Eva is was good.
    I am a pretty pink unicorn,and sailor of justice. I am none other than.. Peter Griffin!

Just Kidding. I'm Princess Serenity Chibi Usagi Tsukino (Bit Long don't you think?)

Just call me Chibiusa~ or you know Kimi is cool too