Thread: What Happened?

Default What Happened?

Well this is a lot to take in...

It's been over 3 years since I've even thought about this game, and tonight I had the urge to look back into the game my entire childhood revolved around. The first thing I noticed as I was casually scrolling through the new forums was that Hamumu was banned. Next thing I see is that Ubisoft has aquired Growtopia. After looking though both Seth and Hamumu's twitters and forum accounts, I came to the conclusion that neither of them were a part of the game anymore. I also noticed a bunch of complaints about security breaches and buggy updates recently. I was wondering if someone could give me some info on what has happened to the game in the past 3 years.

Also it's pretty crazy to come back to this forum and be able to recognize some people I had spoken to before I quit, although I'd doubt anyone would remember me.

When you haven't played Growtopia in over 3 years

Lesser Knight

Ye I know. I love to wander around here.

The thing is that there are few people on this forum.

It's around 1 post a week sadly. Wish it was more active with the oldies tbh. That'd be cool
    Credits to my avatar go to Oscur! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctic View Post
    It's around 1 post a week sadly. Wish it was more active with the oldies tbh. That'd be cool
    Yeah, I saw a couple of people I recognized on a few other threads and I got really excited.
    The only reason I came back to look at this forum is that GT was honestly my entire existence for like 2 years.
    Also, the Discord is completely dead...;(

Lesser Wizard

Hamumu banned? When was this..
    Is Florida okay even

Quote Originally Posted by Dozzy69 View Post
    Hamumu banned? When was this..
    I think hamumu's website was breached and they gained access too all of the Moderators/ Developers Passwords

Animation is a dying art, those who choose to ignore it, ride on live action.
    We thinkers, innovators, motivators, engineers of the mind, are ones who seek to bring animation back from the dead, and save television from the evils of live action shows. We carry our predecessors work on our shoulders. We will not tremble from their amazing work, but we shall rise higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Will View Post
    I think hamumu's website was breached and they gained access too all of the Moderators/ Developers Passwords
    The Hamumu website shenanigans happened long before he was banned on the Growtopia forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    The Hamumu website shenanigans happened long before he was banned on the Growtopia forums.
    Wow I found an old forum post why was BenXxxxXZero banned?

Animation is a dying art, those who choose to ignore it, ride on live action.
    We thinkers, innovators, motivators, engineers of the mind, are ones who seek to bring animation back from the dead, and save television from the evils of live action shows. We carry our predecessors work on our shoulders. We will not tremble from their amazing work, but we shall rise higher!

Why was he banned anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    Why was he banned anyways?
    According to Nekorei:
    1. The original Hamumu account was banned to protect his forum account from hackers since there was a forum breach quite recently and he's not active in the forum anymore. If his account gets hacked it will create a lot of ruckus and drama. It was just for precautionary reasons nothing special.
    2. The fake Hamumu account was banned... well for obvious reason, he was impersonating Hamumu and that is not allowed here.
    I assume they are talking about this incident: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...urity-Incident

Lesser Knight

According to Nekorei:

I assume they are talking about this incident: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...urity-Incident

I just called chief.

He said that this was it. ^^
    Dab - 120k+ CP

I try to be nice, but then people talk behind my back. It’s just life.

Default saldy this didint work

- - - Updated - - -

<b>hello bold world!</b>

- - - Updated - - -

<b>hello bold world!</b>