Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Well how about that?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Megazork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,593

    Default Well how about that?

    Hot damn, where do I even start with this? It's been such a long time since I've made a thread or post of any kind here.

    I've been here for almost 5 years and 2019's creeping around the corner. So... to reflect on my history here:

    I started off as a cringy, mediocre fanfiction writer that revolved around the word "edge". Reading them now, they certaintly make me want to die but old Megazork really knew his demographic huh?
    Then I devolved to a full-blown keyboard warrior who really loved to bust out Webster's dictionary and wikipedia on logical fallacies. I can also confirm this phase was also very terrible.
    Now to dig at myself even further with that stupid catfish business I pulled with pretending to be female. Something went incredibly wrong there and if I knew I would do that,I would build a time machine specifically to German Suplex my younger self.

    Yeah... the more I think about it, my time here has been unpleasant. But as always with my toxic optimism, I saw it as a great thing. It was a good dose for the young Megazork of basic netiquette, common sense, and a spine. I'm not happy I had to go through this cycle of angst, brown-nosing, edgy typical 13 year old business at all. I'm glad I got something out of this deal though, heh.

    And so, I've gone from a clueless middleschooler to a slightly less clueless university student. Oh the humanity! Little Megazork has grown up!

    To wrap this up, my time spent here was probably absurd but I will treasure it anyways. Thanks to the people who put up with my past BS if they're alive to even read this and thanks to Seth for Growtopia. To those who are actually alive to read this, you are a persistent bunch to be still on these forums and god speed to you.

    RTSoft will always be a fragment of my memory that will remain with me, whether I want it or not. To end this on a wholesome note, Thank you my allies!

    ~Megazork or now known as Ultrum
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

  2. #2
    Knight Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Is this you? https://myanimelist.net/profile/ultrum

    TheNorthernStar, someone in your(?) friends list sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. I like stalking forum users MAL accounts...

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Megazork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    Is this you? https://myanimelist.net/profile/ultrum

    TheNorthernStar, someone in your(?) friends list sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. I like stalking forum users MAL accounts...
    That is definitely me and Northernstar should be Polaris if you remember him. Thanks for reminding me I have an MAL account. My scores on there were super half-hearted. Too many animes to watch, too much college stuff to do.
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Ah, well, I can generalize that I am in the same boat as you. I certainly was highly irrational at times and put in a tad too much effort into asserting credibility while I was here past years, but I cannot say I regret it. I had fun, and I attribute much of my maturity to the trial and error of the Internet. I am glad you guys set me straight. And hey, I do not think we are that bad. I mean, it takes most people the same amount of time to mature from “cringe-worthy fanfic writer” to “degenerate meme guy that borrows old formats from Reddit,” so, in actuality, I do not think it is as bad as it seems. And if that is not convincing enough, you could just take a look at the Growtopia Forums.

    Anyway, how is life? It has been a while, and it always slips my mind to inquire such via Discord since I only used it for one server.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

  5. #5
    Knight Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    That is definitely me and Northernstar should be Polaris if you remember him. Thanks for reminding me I have an MAL account. My scores on there were super half-hearted. Too many animes to watch, too much college stuff to do.
    I'm no good at rating things myself. I just use the tag system and tag things as either bad, good, or average.

    Anyways I would just like to inform you that I am a bigger weeb than you. That is if your day count is at all accurate, I have you beat by 62.7 days.

    I have also been quite inactive in my watching as well, however I cannot attribute that to some grand purpose such as working hard in college. I'm in college but honestly I'm slacking a little there. Not studying, staying up late, doing everything last minute. And oh god I am perhaps even more disorganized than I used to be. Just as it was in high school. It is just hard to watch anime sometimes and I'll end up mindlessly surfing reddit or choosing to spend my time sleeping instead. Though I do actually also have a job now, finally, so that's something.

    Welp anyways, to the main point of my posting on your thread: I made a quitting thread over on the Growtopia forums just a week ago. I said I would stick around for a week and then be out of there. And I am serious, but I am actually addicted to the forums, like man, I have nothing else to do... I will just constantly refresh the activity stream because I know nothing else. Despite me saying I am going to leave, my sticking around wasn't to make sure I could say goodbye to everyone or anything, it was just dragging things out. Here's my usage on my iPad alone last week, of which I've been inactive on since getting a new laptop:
    Name:  7DDA9AE4-1BCC-4134-B7CF-D12A6E6014EF.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  36.6 KB

    Also here is my stats for on here, in case you are wondering. Over an entire hour in the past week browsing a forum that gets two posts a month:
    Name:  60945BBE-C860-4C2B-B4CE-73365C949509.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  34.4 KB
    Multiply those numbers by like three...

    I am only quitting because I am bored there and spending way too much time on something I'm not having fun doing. And now after that week I gave myself is over all I am doing is browsing the forums logged off. I don't know why I am here on RTsoft even. I am just dragging things out further. I'm giving myself the excuse that maybe Seth will make a new game or something and I am just checking things out here for that. I never really got to know you too well, Megazork, so yeah basically everything I am writing is just me procrastinating further. Pranked. I apologize for making you read it all. I have a problem. I need a new hobby, desperately.

    So yeah, um, I guess I'll just mimick what Joshie asked. How's life? I'm wondering as well...

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Megazork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    Ah, well, I can generalize that I am in the same boat as you. I certainly was highly irrational at times and put in a tad too much effort into asserting credibility while I was here past years, but I cannot say I regret it. I had fun, and I attribute much of my maturity to the trial and error of the Internet. I am glad you guys set me straight. And hey, I do not think we are that bad. I mean, it takes most people the same amount of time to mature from “cringe-worthy fanfic writer” to “degenerate meme guy that borrows old formats from Reddit,” so, in actuality, I do not think it is as bad as it seems. And if that is not convincing enough, you could just take a look at the Growtopia Forums.

    Anyway, how is life? It has been a while, and it always slips my mind to inquire such via Discord since I only used it for one server.
    Even though I really hate the stuff I really pulled on these forums, I will admit it helped develop many other disciplines and perks of mine. While I don't really "write" or "debate" anymore, I still enjoy learning to draw. It's a messy experience but you're right. It humbled me and let me have my share of fun.

    But, to move onto bigger and better things...

    So my life huh? Well, as said in the OP, I recently started university and live in the dorms. It's a weird feeling being 7 hours away from your family constantly considering I was pretty much a sad shut-in lol.

    I got a better PC so my whole perspective of gaming has changed. As much as mobile games were a big art of my enjoyment, I wouldn't ever touch them again. Most of my time is spent chilling with my dorm floormates or gaming. Also, of course, hyping for the new Smash Bros coming out.

    I generally talk on Discord nowadays so if you're ever feeling down to chat (whether in text or voice chat), hit me up.
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    WoT Blitz probably...or XBox or PS4
    Posts
    12,000

    Default

    Hi I'm Boomer.

    I joined this forum back in 2013 for Tanked. Growtopia came soon after and eventually I was on here for a good 5+ hours a day when I should have been doing school work. Soon topped the charts for most posts ever on this forum and held it for a good 2-3 years, cracking 15,000. Then GT moved over to its new domain and this place lost all attention, and I also lost like 4,000 posts. I thought I lost the #1 spot but oddly enough I'm still up top.

    Now I don't play any RT games (Tanked is deader than a mofo) and GT lost all its appeal after UbiSoft bought it. I'm also 19 now and work long hours and when I do have time to play games, its either WoT Blitz, Xbox or PS4.

    I still like tanks.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Megazork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    I'm no good at rating things myself. I just use the tag system and tag things as either bad, good, or average.

    Anyways I would just like to inform you that I am a bigger weeb than you. That is if your day count is at all accurate, I have you beat by 62.7 days.

    I have also been quite inactive in my watching as well, however I cannot attribute that to some grand purpose such as working hard in college. I'm in college but honestly I'm slacking a little there. Not studying, staying up late, doing everything last minute. And oh god I am perhaps even more disorganized than I used to be. Just as it was in high school. It is just hard to watch anime sometimes and I'll end up mindlessly surfing reddit or choosing to spend my time sleeping instead. Though I do actually also have a job now, finally, so that's something.

    Welp anyways, to the main point of my posting on your thread: I made a quitting thread over on the Growtopia forums just a week ago. I said I would stick around for a week and then be out of there. And I am serious, but I am actually addicted to the forums, like man, I have nothing else to do... I will just constantly refresh the activity stream because I know nothing else. Despite me saying I am going to leave, my sticking around wasn't to make sure I could say goodbye to everyone or anything, it was just dragging things out. Here's my usage on my iPad alone last week, of which I've been inactive on since getting a new laptop:
    Name:  7DDA9AE4-1BCC-4134-B7CF-D12A6E6014EF.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  36.6 KB

    Also here is my stats for on here, in case you are wondering. Over an entire hour in the past week browsing a forum that gets two posts a month:
    Name:  60945BBE-C860-4C2B-B4CE-73365C949509.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  34.4 KB
    Multiply those numbers by like three...

    I am only quitting because I am bored there and spending way too much time on something I'm not having fun doing. And now after that week I gave myself is over all I am doing is browsing the forums logged off. I don't know why I am here on RTsoft even. I am just dragging things out further. I'm giving myself the excuse that maybe Seth will make a new game or something and I am just checking things out here for that. I never really got to know you too well, Megazork, so yeah basically everything I am writing is just me procrastinating further. Pranked. I apologize for making you read it all. I have a problem. I need a new hobby, desperately.

    So yeah, um, I guess I'll just mimick what Joshie asked. How's life? I'm wondering as well...
    It's fine because honestly, when you're absent from the scene for such a long time, who really knows ya well?

    And yes, I've lost my token weeb status since I started gaming a lot more so I have no motivation to watch anime anymore. Quite the shocker, heh.

    I play a lot of Warframe nowadays and chat on Discord. My discord ID is down in my siggy so if you're ever willing, I'll be there chilling.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hi I'm Boomer.

    I joined this forum back in 2013 for Tanked. Growtopia came soon after and eventually I was on here for a good 5+ hours a day when I should have been doing school work. Soon topped the charts for most posts ever on this forum and held it for a good 2-3 years, cracking 15,000. Then GT moved over to its new domain and this place lost all attention, and I also lost like 4,000 posts. I thought I lost the #1 spot but oddly enough I'm still up top.

    Now I don't play any RT games (Tanked is deader than a mofo) and GT lost all its appeal after UbiSoft bought it. I'm also 19 now and work long hours and when I do have time to play games, its either WoT Blitz, Xbox or PS4.

    I still like tanks.
    Heh, another familiar name.

    I'm just here passively supporting Seth in whatever he does (which I would assume is just trying to live his life with his family haha).

    Glad to see you're still alive and kicking. For Discord, my ID is in my siggy so hit me up sometime.
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

  9. #9
    Knight Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    It's fine because honestly, when you're absent from the scene for such a long time, who really knows ya well?

    And yes, I've lost my token weeb status since I started gaming a lot more so I have no motivation to watch anime anymore. Quite the shocker, heh.

    I play a lot of Warframe nowadays and chat on Discord. My discord ID is down in my siggy so if you're ever willing, I'll be there chilling.
    By new laptop I mean a cheap 2012 one I use for schoolwork. I doubt it could run anything like Warframe. My desktop isn't that great either. I don't play many games, hard to find something to get into. Would you happen to have any recommendations for low end games?

    Also, uh, Discord is too fast-paced and spooky for me, but maybe I'll stop by just to waste some more of both of our time.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    WoT Blitz probably...or XBox or PS4
    Posts
    12,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    Heh, another familiar name.

    I'm just here passively supporting Seth in whatever he does (which I would assume is just trying to live his life with his family haha).

    Glad to see you're still alive and kicking. For Discord, my ID is in my siggy so hit me up sometime.
    Sent ya a friend request, can hop on my server. Bunch of old faces still there (Sage, Joshie, Link to name a few).

    https://discord.gg/ZnQUaX

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Megazork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    By new laptop I mean a cheap 2012 one I use for schoolwork. I doubt it could run anything like Warframe. My desktop isn't that great either. I don't play many games, hard to find something to get into. Would you happen to have any recommendations for low end games?

    Also, uh, Discord is too fast-paced and spooky for me, but maybe I'll stop by just to waste some more of both of our time.
    Hmm, I don't know about any low end games.

    Maybe you could try your hand with Maple Story 2 or any non-intensive platformer. Or if you wanna be really ambitious, try an FPS game
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

  12. #12
    Knight Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    Hmm, I don't know about any low end games.

    Maybe you could try your hand with Maple Story 2 or any non-intensive platformer. Or if you wanna be really ambitious, try an FPS game
    How is ms2? I played msm during the Canadian soft launch and was actually a top 50 player for about a week. The grind was just too bad though. Not nearly as fun as I remember Thief Edition or Cygnus Nights, or even Live being. Never played a desktop game, though, yet.

    Name:  6AA6E743-975C-478A-9D39-A3B48F2F3C5D.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  81.1 KB
    They actually had a bunch of autoplay stuff, but I didn't really use it beyond having it figure out what path I was supposed to take. I hate autoplay. Most of that time was me actually there in front of my device doing things myself. Over fifteen hours a day. It was bad. I hated it.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Megazork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    How is ms2? I played msm during the Canadian soft launch and was actually a top 50 player for about a week. The grind was just too bad though. Not nearly as fun as I remember Thief Edition or Cygnus Nights, or even Live being. Never played a desktop game, though, yet.

    Name:  6AA6E743-975C-478A-9D39-A3B48F2F3C5D.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  81.1 KB
    They actually had a bunch of autoplay stuff, but I didn't really use it beyond having it figure out what path I was supposed to take. I hate autoplay. Most of that time was me actually there in front of my device doing things myself. Over fifteen hours a day. It was bad. I hated it.
    Maplestory 2 is pretty fun. But it's fairly grindy as well.
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer SageDeoxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    killme
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Why hello there.
    I have nothing important to add. Good day ma'am... Sir... Oh wait.
    hi fellas

  15. #15
    Knight Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I’ll just post this here, but did the forums go ouch? They’ve been down for several hours for me, and now some of the posts seem to have been rolled back.

    Anyways I started playing MS2 a bit. Only four hours into it, but it is quite fun. A little laggy. Reminds me of Cubic Castles.

  16. #16
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Yeah, the rtsoft.com server was moved - same IP but new host machine. Forums were getting errors for a bit, I fixed it by installing some missing libraries.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  17. #17
    Serf
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SageDeoxys View Post
    Why hello there.
    I have nothing important to add. Good day ma'am... Sir... Oh wait.
    Haha same here, deleted my main account but once in a while I think about how much fun I had with growtopia and the forums. I don't know if anyone still knows who I am here but I was ToukieDatak and joined early 2013.

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toukie View Post
    Haha same here, deleted my main account but once in a while I think about how much fun I had with growtopia and the forums. I don't know if anyone still knows who I am here but I was ToukieDatak and joined early 2013.
    Of course I remember the guy who conquered tons of countries
    I'm talking about the flag counter thing


  19. #19
    Serf
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Updated View Post
    Of course I remember the guy who conquered tons of countries
    I'm talking about the flag counter thing
    Haha yea I somehow got the North Korean flag, too bad I don’t have the link to it anymore.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •