Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Do you ever realize that

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Chibiusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    ?????whoa
    Posts
    651

    Default Do you ever realize that

    I needed a cool rad dandy title s o


    but honestly do any of you guys ever realize that most of us were immature kids that probably said dumb stuff and did dumb things on the forums, and we're just growing up? while i get that some of them are purely toxic, a lot of new people on the forums are just kids-- and that's what we originally were. they're going to grow up, and have their own experiences on that forum, even if it isnt the same place we knew it as. they're going to grow up and say "wow holy **** was i immature" and that's exactly what i'm seeing right now with some of y'all lol. i think it's time to call it a quits y'all, as much as i loved rtsoft forums, its pretty much dead besides the few lurkers every day-- which includes myself. she's dead.


    maybe it's because it's almost midnight and i'm tired, but i'm feeling a bit emotional right now and it's sad.

    let's keep in touch in one way or another. i still would love to talk to you guys, but just not on here anymore-- because it isn't and will not be the same. let's turn these lil' green dots off for good, and branch out.
    I am a pretty pink unicorn,and sailor of justice. I am none other than.. Peter Griffin!

    Just Kidding. I'm Princess Serenity Chibi Usagi Tsukino (Bit Long don't you think?)

    Just call me Chibiusa~ or you know Kimi is cool too

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    114

    Default

    It's fun messing with them, though. and sometimes I do actually contribute somewhat meaningfulness to the forums over there.

    Yo, but Seth's new game... Also I have no where else to go. I think I'll stay a while longer.

    I guess I should take this post as a note of your departure from somewhat frequent lurker status. Fair enough. Didn't really know you, but wish you the best.

  3. #3
    Knight
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Hiding from 12
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I say delete all the forums
    Aye bruh why you readin this? Don't click on my bio either, FOH stalker MFer.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokedayeveryweed View Post
    I say delete all the forums
    I agree. A bit of a rant regarding the Growtopia forums. Firstly, Nekorei has been changing several peoples forum usernames for them. The majority of them are just having their names shortened. I understand if you are usuing your actual name or something, but really they are just being changed willy nilly. I actually contacted her about possibly changing my username, and provided a legitimate reason. Quite a few people have associated my name with "rack," as in slang for breasts. I have been harassed because of this. No response from Nekorei.

    Secondly, while the off-topic subforum is cluttered with worthless spam, including threads that celebrate post count milestones, I made a thread called "I say delete all the forums," which was made jokingly of course but had room for legitimate discussion. It gets deleted. What the heck.

    The staff team over at the Growtopia forums is IMO legitimately seriously lacking. They remove anything that has any room for discussion, and instead opt to keep circle-jerky post-count threads that probably won't lead to any contreversy, just so they don't have any job to do so they can say they are doing a good one. "The forums are actually still quite active and we do a lot of work behind the scenes" lol. Do they not even care to give me an explantion as to why I am forced with a username that encourages harassment, while they let others trim smiley faces of their names? They completely do not care about the forum community. This has shown up time and time again.

    *pulls out pants* - literally the name of a thread in the tavern right now. It may lead to inappropriate discussion, but at least it isn't critizing people for not doing their job.

    If there is something so wrong with my threads, give me a damn infraction already, or are all the mods too inactive to see that I have made hundreds of shitty threads like that that just get deleted. I have been making this crap for years and never have I ever received a single infraction. If they gave a single damn about the forums, you'd think they'd at least do that. Maybe even just lock it, dang it. This is straight up censorship for no legitimate reason.

    If they're not going to care for it properly, just let it die off already. They're getting praised for adding forum guardians, but this is years after it being suggested numerous times, and their inplementation of such is shoddy as ****. I say delete all the forums.

    #AntiForumCampaign

    I want to see them do a State of the Forums address. Where, assuming they do see problems, they talk about, and how they're thinking they miht be fixed. I'd even be fine with it being locked. Just somehing to show that, however little, they do care.
    Last edited by Raqk; 03-15-2019 at 03:48 PM.

  5. #5
    Knight
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    I agree. A bit of a rant regarding the Growtopia forums. Firstly, Nekorei has been changing several peoples forum usernames for them. The majority of them are just having their names shortened. I understand if you are usuing your actual name or something, but really they are just being changed willy nilly. I actually contacted her about possibly changing my username, and provided a legitimate reason. Quite a few people have associated my name with "rack," as in slang for breasts. I have been harassed because of this. No response from Nekorei.

    Secondly, while the off-topic subforum is cluttered with worthless spam, including threads that celebrate post count milestones, I made a thread called "I say delete all the forums," which was made jokingly of course but had room for legitimate discussion. It gets deleted. What the heck.

    The staff team over at the Growtopia forums is IMO legitimately seriously lacking. They remove anything that has any room for discussion, and instead opt to keep circle-jerky post-count threads that probably won't lead to any contreversy, just so they don't have any job to do so they can say they are doing a good one. "The forums are actually still quite active and we do a lot of work behind the scenes" lol. Do they not even care to give me an explantion as to why I am forced with a username that encourages harassment, while they let others trim smiley faces of their names? They completely do not care about the forum community. This has shown up time and time again.

    *pulls out pants* - literally the name of a thread in the tavern right now. It may lead to inappropriate discussion, but at least it isn't critizing people for not doing their job.

    If there is something so wrong with my threads, give me a damn infraction already, or are all the mods too inactive to see that I have made hundreds of shitty threads like that that just get deleted. I have been making this crap for years and never have I ever received a single infraction. If they gave a single damn about the forums, you'd think they'd at least do that. Maybe even just lock it, dang it. This is straight up censorship for no legitimate reason.

    If they're not going to care for it properly, just let it die off already. They're getting praised for adding forum guardians, but this is years after it being suggested numerous times, and their inplementation of such is shoddy as ****. I say delete all the forums.

    #AntiForumCampaign

    I want to see them do a State of the Forums address. Where, assuming they do see problems, they talk about, and how they're thinking they miht be fixed. I'd even be fine with it being locked. Just somehing to show that, however little, they do care.
    mans wrote a whole essay
    Dab - 123k ish CP


    I try to be nice, but then people talk behind my back. It’s just life.






    Fortnite god aswell

  6. #6
    Knight
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Hiding from 12
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabbydab View Post
    mans wrote a whole essay
    Man wrote a whole f*cking chapter book, i aint readin that
    Aye bruh why you readin this? Don't click on my bio either, FOH stalker MFer.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Safe to say I grew up here


  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer TheArctic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    East Coast, U.S.
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    As for NekoRei not responding, it could be because apparently they don't have free time. I msged her on discord about posting WOTD's since I'm banned and only the owner is allowed to post the world. It took her around 4-5 days to respond and she said that she responds to msgs in her free time, which apparently isn’t much.
    Credits to my avatar go to Oscur! Thanks!


  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Raqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheArctic View Post
    As for NekoRei not responding, it could be because apparently they don't have free time. I msged her on discord about posting WOTD's since I'm banned and only the owner is allowed to post the world. It took her around 4-5 days to respond and she said that she responds to msgs in her free time, which apparently isn’t much.
    >an actual part of her job
    >free time

    I sent the message weeks ago. Does she expect things to get resolved in a single correspondence? Expecting someone to wait potentially months to be able to stop being harassed is bullcrap. Is this really their excuse for when things like pornography crop up on the forums and it takes hours for them to notice? "I'll do it in my free time lol, too busy showing off in-game and making videos about how I ban scammers for fun expect for I am only doing this for show." What are we, supposed to message support everytime something bad crops up? We all know the report button doesn't get things taken care of fast enough either, even though it was literally put in place to do their jobs for them. Is discord a priority over the official forums? That is absurd. What is she too busy doing, playing the game? Waiting for permission to post stuff to the forums?

    I know playing the game is part of her job as well, but one-off meetings with a small group of players should not be a priority over the greater visibility and permanence of other platforms. Her excuse? "Well, the forums actually make up a minority of the playerbase" lol, well so does the people wanting to waste time in your world with you.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer TheArctic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    East Coast, U.S.
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqk View Post
    >an actual part of her job
    >free time

    I sent the message weeks ago. Does she expect things to get resolved in a single correspondence? Expecting someone to wait potentially months to be able to stop being harassed is bullcrap. Is this really their excuse for when things like pornography crop up on the forums and it takes hours for them to notice? "I'll do it in my free time lol, too busy showing off in-game and making videos about how I ban scammers for fun expect for I am only doing this for show." What are we, supposed to message support everytime something bad crops up? We all know the report button doesn't get things taken care of fast enough either, even though it was literally put in place to do their jobs for them. Is discord a priority over the official forums? That is absurd. What is she too busy doing, playing the game? Waiting for permission to post stuff to the forums?

    I know playing the game is part of her job as well, but one-off meetings with a small group of players should not be a priority over the greater visibility and permanence of other platforms. Her excuse? "Well, the forums actually make up a minority of the playerbase" lol, well so does the people wanting to waste time in your world with you.
    Well I didn't realize the extent of the problem. That honestly sucks m8, I hope it gets resolved soon
    Credits to my avatar go to Oscur! Thanks!


  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Mahmoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    i'm near lakes, ponds, and streams. because i'm a frog
    Posts
    7,997

    Default

    *SIGHHHHHH*
    The good cringy old days. Man do I agree with Raqk.

    My older posts are just the worst, I want to delete my account but Im keeping it so I can remember how I acted back in the day. (Makes me wanna kms)

    I havent seen the new forums, yet, nor did I experience anything beside toxicity and spam in there before leaving for good, really glad I left.
    Making Rainbows since 2014!

    What I do when I try to act as a hero against strong people.

    #MahmoudForGtFrog

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,512

    Default

    I realize that when I was through with the OpenFeint forums when I was like ten; I then made the same mistake twice. It is a candid realization though for most, which is why I am the way I am toward the younger folk. While immaturity is an inevitable step toward maturity, they honestly need kept in line from time to time, which is why I only seldom visit the accursèd dystopia that is our offspring forum.

    It was cool to grow with you all, I guess. I see no reason to unnecessarily and permanently say goodbye to people I do not mind seeing though. There is a reason for these forums to exist, if even for an ephemeral moment of chatter between Seth’s experiements.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •