Thread: Tanked multiplayer server being shutdown today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tanked multiplayer server being shutdown today

Would have liked a little more warning for one last in-game party or something, but the server is being decommissioned today so it will no longer be possible to play online.

I updated the Google store text to explain the server isn't there anymore, but the iOS version wouldn't let me without updating to a new version as far as I could tell so I may just pull it from the App Store so people won't review bomb it or something because they expect a working server.

It's been a fun eight years, lot of beagles shot. (why Beagles?!) Appreciate all the players and mods who made the community active and spicy during its heyday, thank you.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Would have liked a little more warning for one last in-game party or something, but the server is being decommissioned today so it will no longer be possible to play online.

I updated the Google store text to explain the server isn't there anymore, but the iOS version wouldn't let me without updating to a new version as far as I could tell so I may just pull it from the App Store so people won't review bomb it or something because they expect a working server.

It's been a fun eight years, lot of beagles shot. (why Beagles?!) Appreciate all the players and mods who made the community active and spicy during its heyday, thank you.
    I wish i would of read this sooner.... I first joined tanked August 14th in 2011, then rejoined like in late 2012.... 8 years later, from being in 7th grade in middle school, until my first year of college it's now gone.... I can't believe it, all the memories of talking to people, playing, atleast we still have the youtube videos but it's not the same. I knew this day was coming, but i still wasn't ready for it, good bye Tanked. -rednecktank/RedneckUS
    If you got a problem with Canada Gooses, you got a problem with me, and i suggest you let that one marinate

Aye bruh why you readin this? Don't click on my bio either, FOH stalker MFer.

I am very saddened to learn about the game being shut down. It was the very 1st multiplayer game that I played. I started back in 2011 when it came out, and I was only in 7th grade at the time (12 years old). I originally downloaded the game on my brand new HP Tablet at the time too (WebOS).

It was a really fun game, and I wish it didn't have to die, but nothing lasts forever. I would have actually bought the game from you Seth, but I know the coding is the same as Growtopia and that, so it would have been impossible to sell it anyways...

Let me know if you make any other games in the future! I would happy to test them out or play them.

~ Zackery459
    YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR EFFORT AND MIND INTO IT! (I am Zackery459)

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zackery View Post
    I am very saddened to learn about the game being shut down. It was the very 1st multiplayer game that I played. I started back in 2011 when it came out, and I was only in 7th grade at the time (12 years old). I originally downloaded the game on my brand new HP Tablet at the time too (WebOS).

It was a really fun game, and I wish it didn't have to die, but nothing lasts forever. I would have actually bought the game from you Seth, but I know the coding is the same as Growtopia and that, so it would have been impossible to sell it anyways...

Let me know if you make any other games in the future! I would happy to test them out or play them.

~ Zackery459
    You're spare parts, aren't ya bud?
    If you got a problem with Canada Gooses, you got a problem with me, and i suggest you let that one marinate

Rip the game that brought us into this great community. Tanked used to be the one game I would rush through school every day to play ASAP. I'd spend hours at a time online. I think my dad even blocked the IP address once so I'd do better in school; that's how much I loved this game. It's such a shame it couldn't have been given it's full potential.

Thanks Seth.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedayeveryweed View Post
    You're spare parts, aren't ya bud?
    What do you mean?

~ Zackery459
    YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR EFFORT AND MIND INTO IT! (I am Zackery459)

Name:  0B7582DC-CB15-4345-AF2C-C4DE2B7040A6.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  321.2 KB
    Never really got into the game much myself, but I do know it was a big thing for a lot of people. RIP Tanked.

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zackery View Post
    What do you mean?

~ Zackery459
    You looking for a tilly buddy?