Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Child hood games?

Default Child hood games?

What games did you play in your child hood?

Like on the PS1 and PS2, I grew up with the Red Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) and the purple dragon(Spyro). They don't make 3d platformers like that anymore.. memories good memories.

Yes put some Pokemon games on Nintendo DS games down

Ah, it seems like the games I most enjoyed were the games I played as a young kid.

I grew up with games like Super Mario, Super Mario 64, Pokemon, Mario Cart, and many others.

I have to say that I was a HUGE Mario fan back then. If I saw a new Mario game coming out, I would try to get my hands on it as quick as possible. It seems as if the new Mario games cannot beat the old Mario games. The old school Mario's are much better than the ones today.

I also grew up with the original DS. I remember when it first came out and I was so bummed out because I couldn't get it. I came home one day and saw that my mom bought me my very first Nintendo DS and I was SO happy.

Even before the Nintendo DS came out I remember getting my very first GameBoy. I played a bunch of Pokemon on the GameBoy and wasted many hours trying to beat a Gym leader.

Another great gaming system I grew up with was the Nintendo GameCube. I played it so much and it still seems fun. I remember playing Mario Cart Double Dash with my friends and always having a great time. Still to this day I think that Mario Cart is one of the BEST racing games of all time. I also remember playing Super Mario Sunshine on the GameCube... It was amazing.

Then the Wii came out and I enjoyed that, but it soon got old and boring to me. Now mobile gaming and Xbox gaming is my favorite.

Many of the old games can be ported into mobile devices. Now you can play many emulators on your IPhone (GameBoy, DS, etc), and I think that's so cool! Mobile gaming (I think) is going to be the future of all gaming. I can't wait to see what amazing games come out in the future, but nothing can beat the old school games you played as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSURF3R View Post
    Ah, it seems like the games I most enjoyed were the games I played as a young kid.

I grew up with games like Super Mario, Super Mario 64, Pokemon, Mario Cart, and many others.

I have to say that I was a HUGE Mario fan back then. If I saw a new Mario game coming out, I would try to get my hands on it as quick as possible. It seems as if the new Mario games cannot beat the old Mario games. The old school Mario's are much better than the ones today.

I also grew up with the original DS. I remember when it first came out and I was so bummed out because I couldn't get it. I came home one day and saw that my mom bought me my very first Nintendo DS and I was SO happy.

Even before the Nintendo DS came out I remember getting my very first GameBoy. I played a bunch of Pokemon on the GameBoy and wasted many hours trying to beat a Gym leader.

Another great gaming system I grew up with was the Nintendo GameCube. I played it so much and it still seems fun. I remember playing Mario Cart Double Dash with my friends and always having a great time. Still to this day I think that Mario Cart is one of the BEST racing games of all time. I also remember playing Super Mario Sunshine on the GameCube... It was amazing.

Then the Wii came out and I enjoyed that, but it soon got old and boring to me. Now mobile gaming and Xbox gaming is my favorite.

Many of the old games can be ported into mobile devices. Now you can play many emulators on your IPhone (GameBoy, DS, etc), and I think that's so cool! Mobile gaming (I think) is going to be the future of all gaming. I can't wait to see what amazing games come out in the future, but nothing can beat the old school games you played as a kid.
    Yes I totally agree, thank you for your feed back. They don't make games like that anymore unfortunately. But! They cant say we still cant play em! I forgot to mention Rayman.

- - - Updated - - -

I am pretty annoyed that they used Spyro in Skylanders!

When a kid selects Spyro and does not even ask about what gaming history it has had

Default I must agree.

though im probably waaaay older then you.. I loved playing The old pokemon i played it so much.. (nintendo64) I was addicted played it for about 5 hrs a day.

I'm here to help!

Super Mario World and Pokemon Crystal.I played these 2 games a lot!
    IGN:Joeys

Worlds: JOEYS,JOEBARN

PSN: State_farm_Insur

I can't think of anything else to post here.

I played with the oldest ds games and some of the Nintendo 64 games. One game I really enjoyed when I was a youngster is super Mario sunshine it has some epic graphics (at the time), good mechanics' even some funny parts

My childhood game were Pokemon Silver and Yellow which i played on the gba which was bought beofre i was born!
    I played this few Pokemon games on the computer too..
    Pokemon Platinum ,Pokemon white and Pokemon Black 2!
    Username:
    fooZae

Master Sorcerer

I'm still a kid. :3
    lorem ipsum

Cursed

I always played final fantasy tactics for the ps1.

Banned

As I was growing up (before my teen years), I was a massive fan of the Sega consoles and games. Some of my favourites were Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Samba de Amigo and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

mine was aqw and club penguin
    anybody? anyone? *head droops and mutters* no one

thank you Skantei!

Yes, I am Burm

Default CP FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by skymod View Post
    mine was aqw and club penguin
    anybody? anyone? *head droops and mutters* no one
    Club Penguin WAS Epic! It Sucks Now! I HATE DISNEY! All I Like Are The New Puffle Designs Thats It! - isaakbri

Grand theft auto, Spyro, Pokemon & also Crash bandicoot and Mario!
    You Don't Need too Many People to Be Happy. Just a Few Real Ones Who Appreciate for Who You Are
    - Wiz Khalifa

Visit The Original RTsoft Website for more Information: www.rtsoft.com

Default I miss those games

While i was growing up, my favourite among all games was Mario.
    Still played that on the nes. And there was this application on PC back then,
    I'm not quite sure what's it was, but it was used for playing games.

Ms Dos.. or Dosbox, something like that. When we used floppy disks,
    before CD disks came out. And the best of games was only about 3 Megabytes big, lol.

I miss those games. Many of em I can't remember the name of, it was too long ago. The only one i have found so far, was prince of Persia. It used to be a 2D platformer. And worst graphics ever lol.
    Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears?

Some kind of DOOM
    bejeweled
    another violent game consisting of a connected plastic gun

also, childhood games
    spider fight!
    have 2 spiders, have a match and fight to death
    Goals

Recent drawn garbage

I didn't have many video games as a kid. I originally got a GameBoy Advance and played that a lot. Then I got so mad playing Game of Life that I smashed the screen.

After about 3 years, my grandfather gave me his old GameBoy Color. I still have it, although I don't play it.

Then I got a Nintendo DSi. Still have that, although the L and R buttons are shot.

A few months later I got a Wii. I will still play that, too.

Then, early this year, my dad brought home an iPad 2 from his work (he works in the tech department of his office, so he always is getting his hands on the gadgets).

Now I want a PS3 (not PS4; PS3 has free online gaming but PS4 doesn't).

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, EMU4IOS has a few GBA and SNES simulators for the Apple devices. Unfortunately, you can only have one downloaded at a time.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Team
    Club Penguin (Was so much better in the old days)
    Super Mario Sunshine
    A bunch of GameCube games
    I was also a huge sonic fan... played a lot of sonic.
    I also own a Gameboy color... but I just recently bought it

Quote Originally Posted by BenXxxXZero View Post
    My childhood game were Pokemon Silver and Yellow which i played on the gba which was bought beofre i was born!
    I played this few Pokemon games on the computer too..
    Pokemon Platinum ,Pokemon white and Pokemon Black 2!

I still love Pokemon whatever the age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phorus View Post
    Grand theft auto, Spyro, Pokemon & also Crash bandicoot and Mario!
    Agree ^^ well i gotta enter 10 more characters soo..

PAC-Man World, bunch of PS1 and PS2 games... And a few Dreamcast games...

I forgot the names.
    Watermelons...

Click below pls

This last one is from one of my favourite game series! That game series is Mother. Yeah!
    This is my pet Drago.

Well.. considering I'm still in my childhood... But if I'd had to say a game. It'd be the legend of Zelda games. I own ever one to date... And completed every one to date. Without anything missed... Come to think of it... I might of played them to much. But I do still pay them. I prefer the old school retro 80s games.
    Last edited by djninja; 11-11-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Missed out words.
    Hi, my name is Stevens. I don't believe there's nothing more to say other than if you need any help. I'd be more than welcome to.