Thread: Android build failed...

Default Android build failed...

Helo I'm new to Proton. I've tried to build the RTBareBones for android but in the middle of build process I receive some errors like:
    can't find "bin\game" and "bin\sounds" while xcopy command... All paths are set and work... ant & adb work... Just the buld fails probably because of that... What should I do?

Probably you must run update_media.bat from media folder.

I did it... still non of those folders were build in bin directory...

can't find "bin\game" and "bin\sounds" while xcopy command.
    RTBareBones actually doesn't need those directories to be copied, it's just sort of still in the RTBareBones/android/build.bat because I was too lazy to remove it.

Just the buld fails probably because of that... What should I do?
    If the build is failing (and not producing a final rtbarebones-debug.apk file in the android/bin directory) it must be for a different reason.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Ok... I've changed few things in build.xml and now it built the APK. But the app crashes and I foud few errors in the logCat:

07-27 09:47:08.870: INFO/RT3DApp(13355): ERROR: Proton FileManager says can't open interface/font_trajan.rtfont.
    07-27 09:47:08.880: INFO/RT3DApp(13355): ERROR: Proton FileManager says can't open interface/summary_bg.rttex.
    07-27 09:47:08.880: INFO/RT3DApp(13355): Couldn't load surface interface/summary_bg.rttex
    07-27 09:47:08.880: INFO/RT3DApp(13355): ResourceManager::GetSurfaceAnim: Unable to load interface/summary_bg.rttex

What is wrong?

Check your android/assets/interface dir and verify those files are really there, they seem to be missing?

Looks like you're working on RT3DApp and not RTBareBones? If so, you'll need to run update_media.bat from media folder like Yogi mentioned, to create them.

Also, a few days ago I updated the Proton svn with changes to allow Android NDK r6 and the latest Ant to be used - so check that out if you haven't, new setup directions here.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

You were right updating the media helped Thanks a lot