Thread: Various glitches I've found

Default Various glitches I've found

Hello everybody!

This is my first post here, and I'd like to tell you that ClanLib is a wonderful library and I'm seriously considering using it. But first I always test every aspect of an engine, and speaking about testing...

This is the second time I compile ClanLib on my computer, this is version 2.3.1, the previous was 2.2.9. The OS is Linux Mint Debian Edition. Now, I think I've spotted a couple of glitches:

- The LayeredWindow example renders with both window decorations and background (see screenshot). This occoured in both versions.
    - The LayeredWindow2 example window is broken into chunks but they're misplaced I think (see screenshot). This occoured in both versions.
    - In the SpriteRTS demo, the tanks does not rotate but scale (see screenshot) while they were rotating in ClanLib 2.2.9.
    - In the Particle example the CMotion demo particles also don't rotate as it did with ClanLib 2.2.9.
    - Language example shows little boxes instead of characters under "Today is a good day". This is version 2.3.1.
    - In the GUI examples, the line edit box allows uppercase characters, even if I set it tho lowercase, and vica versa. Aligning to the right or to the center also does not work. Double clicking on any editable field does not select the contets of the field. These happened with both of the versions.
    - In the GUI_Direct example, the z-index of the windows stay in their creation order, i.e. even if I grab "A" window and move over "B" window, "A" might be under "B" even if "A" is active and focused. This glitch was present in both of the version I've tested.

I know that just reporting these problems won't solve them, but I just wanted to let you know about them.

I also need to add that I haven't tested the examples in the following folders: 3D, Display_GL, Network, OpenCL, because I don't need these features currently.

Cheers,
    easy
    Attached Images Attached Images    

ClanLib Developer

LayeredWindow's currently do not work on linux. There is no code written to support it.

SpritesRTS: It sounds like a fault with clanSWRender, I guess someone needs to compare the Sources/SWRender between ClanLib 2.2 and ClanLib 2.3 to find out what has gone wrong.

Particle: Unexplained - Maybe connected to the SpritesRTS example, but this example does not use clanSWRender by default (it uses clanGL)

Language example: Because the fontconfig library (dependency) cannot find a match to the microsoft windows simsun font

GUI examples: Just need someone to fix them bugs

GUI_Direct example: I noticed that myself.

Thanks Rombus!

I thought the 2 rotational problems are connected.
    Anyway, none of the above problems are serious; I just wanted to let you know about them.

Cheers,
    easy

ClanLib Developer

Hopefully somebody will fix them [hint]

ClanLib Developer

SpritesRTS problem is fixed in SVN

Thanks Rombust! That's nice to hear.