View Poll Results: What is your favorite map?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arena

10 71.43%
  • Egypt

2 14.29%
  • hedge maze

1 7.14%
  • circle

1 7.14%
  • town

0 0%

Thread: What is your favorite map?

Question What is your favorite map?

Hey all fellow tankers. Here you can post what your favorite map is and if you want to you can post which map you dislike the map. My least favorite map is the town. It is way to big. I would rather fight in a big maze instead of a big map!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

Town, Egypt, Arena are cool but my Pre2 is to slow for this map (in case of 8 tanks), therefore I've picked Circle.

Squire

Smile favorites

Town is my least favorite. I seem to get screwed with a starting position behind the wall a lot. Starting there, you don't get a crate at the beginning. Also, I prefer maps with objects that I can move around and hide and shield myself. Town doesn't allow this. So hedge, Egypt, circle are my favorites.
    --*Blitz*--

Yeah in town that is the most points i have ever lost in. Although i am getting better at playing town.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Looks like no one has voted on town yet. This looks very good.

I really don't think we should get rid of any maps or modes. Just because we don't like them, it doesn't mean everybody else dislikes them too. I do think there should be that ready screen before the action starts stating map/mode/goal and who is playing. From this screen you should have the option to pick Engage or Retreat. Put a 3 second timer on the screen so if you do not pick you automatically play.

Also a thought, the lobby can get hectic and you may get launched into a game that you do not want or maybe you are hoping to play with certain people. How about a lobby similar to an online poker lobby? Im sure many of you know what this looks like but if not here is the jist of it. The lobby would have different games available to play and you could pick which game to put your tank into and when it fills it launches. Below is a sample lobby as good as I can make it in a forum

You would simply click on the game you want to play and would be added to the que at the end

Map Mode Goal Players (waiting/needed) Tank Names
    Circle Beagles 4 kills 2/6 yellow, blast07
    Egypt Deathmatch 6 kills 1/8 Blitz
    Town Crate King 6 crates 3/6 Soccerfu, TPNFRC, Ski
    Arena Hardcore 8 kills 5/8 player1, player2....etc (list all 5)
    Egypt Hardcore 6 kills 7/8 player4, player5....etc (list all )7
    Arena Beagles 10 kills 0/6
    Town Deathmatch 10 kills 2/6 player6, player7
    Circle Crate King 4 crates 0/4

Well I hope you guys can see what I mean. This would also allow for setting up of tournaments.

Seth your list must be getting pretty long... we are a demanding bunch.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

Yeah those ideas are amazing yellow. And i agree about the join the game that you want idea. I also liked how you used all our names in it to.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Yeah those ideas are amazing yellow. And i agree about the join the game that you want idea. I also liked how you used all our names in it to.
    Cool, glad you liked it. Wanted people to really see how it could look and adding names gives it a little life (the post makes it look a little crammed though) Figured I would sign you up for town and Crate King... since I know they are your favorites
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

How did you know........ Its only the most OK mode in the world!