Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: some unfairness issues for public discussion

  1. #1
    Squire
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default some unfairness issues for public discussion

    Been playing this game for a few weeks and generally an enjoyable, productive experience. However some real issues of fairness .....

    These apply to team games:


    Why do people who leave the game early, let their team down, still get awarded points when the team wins.

    Instead of blindly randomizing the allocation of people to teams can't the game ensure there is a fair distribution of experienced players. The randomization often results in one side having all the experienced players and the game ends in slaughter.

    Why do I consistently get into games where it's two against one from the onset and there is no chance to win.

    Would really appreciate if Seth would institute some new rules to level the playing field.

    Oh, and the discussion of lag seems like a real thing. Highly experienced high cp players seem to consistently fire faster then I humanly can and in a face off they ALWAYS win. Hmmm, very suspicious.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer soccerfu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    good old USA
    Posts
    760

    Default

    why cant you people just calm down, shut your mouths, and wait until the next update which i hear is coming soon!? All the things that you have said Seth is trying to deal with. I can understand that but i mean people cry about how high cp players get special powers! We now how to play the game better so of coarse we will beat you face to face and it is fair and square! No cheating no hacking no nothing we can just out perform all the newbs and noobs in the game!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

  3. #3
    Squire
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    why cant you people just calm down, shut your mouths, and wait until the next update which i hear is coming soon!? All the things that you have said Seth is trying to deal with. I can understand that but i mean people cry about how high cp players get special powers! We now how to play the game better so of coarse we will beat you face to face and it is fair and square! No cheating no hacking no nothing we can just out perform all the newbs and noobs in the game!
    Hey Buddy, I am calm. I'm not the one yelling at you to "shut your mouths". Your little rant does more to reveal your nature and shortcomings than anything I can say. If Seth has plans to address these issues already that's great. I didn't spend the time to peruse all the threads to ascertain this so perhaps my bad.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer soccerfu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    good old USA
    Posts
    760

    Default

    hey I know you are a new player and I am not angry at you its some of the other idiots around here always crying about the game!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

  5. #5
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    hey I know you are a new player and I am not angry at you its some of the other idiots around here always crying about the game!
    Wow easy fellas! You guys are both right with what you say and how you feel but don't get your panties in such a bunch. The game is a lot of fun and that's why people get frustrated. They want to play very bad but there are a lot of issues. Some of us who are on this forum know Seth is working hard to fix the problems so in the meantime we just have to hold out and give the update a chance. Soccerfu I get what you are saying but I know from experience that what the other guy said is 100% correct. I think that some of these issues effect some more than others and it is probably the players fault whether it's their device connection. I would bet that most of the top players play on a better device with a good connection. Ive played enough and even though I would not put myself in the top players I do consider myself pretty good. That being said I've been around long enough that you can tell when you have no chance in a match because of all the issues stated by the above poster.

    Let's wait for the update then see what happens. I'm still hoping for the sign in feature and until we get confirmation it's happening I will be spending all my points in the casino because I will be getting that fancy new iPad 3 when it comes out and I don't want to chance having my points stuck on this POS if I have to start over because of no sign in option.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  6. #6
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    hey I know you are a new player and I am not angry at you its some of the other idiots around here always crying about the game!
    Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.... Why feel so cranky?

  7. #7
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim_chung View Post
    Been playing this game for a few weeks and generally an enjoyable, productive experience. However some real issues of fairness .....

    These apply to team games:


    Why do people who leave the game early, let their team down, still get awarded points when the team wins.

    Instead of blindly randomizing the allocation of people to teams can't the game ensure there is a fair distribution of experienced players. The randomization often results in one side having all the experienced players and the game ends in slaughter.

    Why do I consistently get into games where it's two against one from the onset and there is no chance to win.

    Would really appreciate if Seth would institute some new rules to level the playing field.

    Oh, and the discussion of lag seems like a real thing. Highly experienced high cp players seem to consistently fire faster then I humanly can and in a face off they ALWAYS win. Hmmm, very suspicious.

    If you get into 2 v 1, just leave the game before the first kill. It'll result in a tie. There is nothing you can do when players leave or lose connection.

    Depends on the device you have, try to over clock the cpu and disable logging and implement some features to speed up Frames Per Second. It should help you to beat most players, which I think is good enough. Trying to beat guys who have taken advantage of certain bugs in the client software is impossible and I suggest you try to change every game mode to Death Match and see if that levels the playing field a little.
    Last edited by H8beagles; 02-27-2012 at 05:57 AM.

  8. #8
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    If you get into 2 v 1, just leave the game. It'll result in a tie. There is nothing you can do when players leave or lose connection.

    Depends on the device you have, try to over clock the cpu and disable logging and implement some features to speed up Frames Per Second. It should help you to beat most players, which I think is good enough. Trying to beat guys who have taken advantage of certain bugs in the client software is impossible and I suggest you try to change every game mode to Death Match and see if that levels the playing field a little.
    Exactly right.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  9. #9
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    I would bet that most of the top players play on a better device with a good connection.

    Let's wait for the update then see what happens. I'm still hoping for the sign in feature and until we get confirmation it's happening I will be spending all my points in the casino because I will be getting that fancy new iPad 3 when it comes out and I don't want to chance having my points stuck on this POS if I have to start over because of no sign in option.
    Let's see, if you and I both have HP Touchpad and we both over clock them, how can you be playing on a better device? I have played long enough and have 50Meg Internet connection and a over clocked Touchpad to know your argument doesn't fly. I think some players here obviously have figured out some bugs in the client software and have taken advantage of them.

    As for casino, you need luck like Ansovino. Just saying....

  10. #10
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    Let's see, if you and I both have HP Touchpad and we both over clock them, how can you be playing on a better device? I have played long enough and have 50Meg Internet connection and a over clocked Touchpad to know your argument doesn't fly. I think some players here obviously have figured out some bugs in the client software and have taken advantage of them.

    As for casino, you need luck like Ansovino. Just saying....
    ???? Not following. I play on an iPad 1 which cannot be over clocked. My iPad vs you or anyone else with an over clocked device or a newer device period puts me at an immediate disadvantage. If anything you made my argument.

    I know casino is all luck and I do it as some fun on the side while waiting.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  11. #11
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    ???? Not following. I play on an iPad 1 which cannot be over clocked. My iPad vs you or anyone else with an over clocked device or a newer device period puts me at an immediate disadvantage. If anything you made my argument.

    I know casino is all luck and I do it as some fun on the side while waiting.
    Ansovino is the guy who always gamble down to 0 points. Recently he got lucky and gambled all the way to 32000 points, but now he sits at 11000 points. He is some lucky guy. He used to have 150000 points.

    As for having an iPad 1, my condolences. I got so many dropped connection with my iPad that I gave up playing Tanked with it. But no, having a beef-ed up HP Touchpad isn't helping me winning any match. But I was able to hit few plum-plum-plum recently.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer soccerfu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    good old USA
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.... Why feel so cranky?
    your one of them! (srry forgot the sarcasm sign)
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer soccerfu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    good old USA
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    Ansovino is the guy who always gamble down to 0 points. Recently he got lucky and gambled all the way to 32000 points, but now he sits at 11000 points. He is some lucky guy. He used to have 150000 points.As for having an iPad 1, my condolences. I got so many dropped connection with my iPad that I gave up playing Tanked with it. But no, having a beef-ed up HP Touchpad isn't helping me winning any match. But I was able to hit few plum-plum-plum recently.
    Ansovino never plays at all he just gambles! He keeps playing the gambling game and he doesn't cry about the game because he doesn't even play it!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

  14. #14
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Ansovino never plays at all he just gambles! He keeps playing the gambling game and he doesn't cry about the game because he doesn't even play it!
    Nah, Ansovino is a nice guy. You, however, are not. He doesn't cry about the game because he plays the game as designed (win points in singer user and then gamble. repeat and rinse.) He doesn't feel the need to "beat the system" and then brag about how wonderful a player he is. And, yes, he does play the game well. Otherwise, how did he get more points to gamble after he gambled down to zero? Have to win it in single user game.
    Last edited by H8beagles; 02-27-2012 at 09:22 PM.

  15. #15
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    your one of them! (srry forgot the sarcasm sign)
    Don't worry. I don't like you either.

Similar Threads

  1. Issues with a Pre 2?
    By Coalition in forum Tanked
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
  2. CL_GUIComponent Issues
    By Fr3DBr in forum Official ClanLib SDK Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
  3. Performance Issues in Fedora
    By Starclopsofish in forum Novashell Game Creation System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
  4. Issues
    By Dorian1 in forum RTsoft Tavern
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
  5. *groan* Dink having issues...
    By in forum Dink Smallwood HD
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •