Thread: Issue v2.0 - team mode - tanks color

Lesser Wizard

Default Issue v2.0 - team mode - tanks color

on my device is not easy to recognize who is in my team or an enemy. tanks's color are to dark and from distance looks the same

Squire

gotta agree, seems harder to distinguish red from blue since the update

Lesser Wizard

I am going to go with this is a catastrofic failure... as far as the colors go.

I cant tell you how many times I am shooting or getting shot by own team.

needs to be in the process of getting fixed immediately IMO..

Ok, got an idea I'll apply later today to improve that.. the player names that hover above the tank will be the team color rather than then based on the point status. I'll see if I can keep the old coloring for the pause/game end screens though.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Ok, got an idea I'll apply later today to improve that.. the player names that hover above the tank will be the team color rather than then based on the point status. I'll see if I can keep the old coloring for the pause/game end screens though.
    Hey Seth, although there is a problem differentiating which tanks are supposed to be blue and red, I don't think that changing the color of the player names to the team colors is the best idea. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think knowing the status of the player during the game is important because it helps you determine how to go about trying to kill that tank (i.e. you know you need to be more careful going after a higher rank than a lower rank). Also, it would disguise players with the same name who are of different ranks. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think changing the color of the player names is the best permanent solution...maybe a temporary solution.

Serf

Default I Agree with Play

I agree with Play regarding changing the color of the player name. Can't you just change the color of the tanks to what they were before....or change contract in some way? Great upgrade, Seth. I think you've really developed a great game.

Yeah, it is sad to lose the rank coloring in battle. I didn't actually change the tinting from the old version, the problem is the new tanks are colored differently to help tell them apart in battle, especially the M4 Sherman, which is sort of reddish (in Tanked, more red generally equals more firepower) which doesn't work that great with blue tinting.

So it comes down to what is more important - knowing the rank, or being able to tell what Tank they drive easier. (this will become more important as people use the different tanks, most have specific weaknesses that can be exploited)

Best would be to add a special red/blue icon in front of the name, but that can't be done server-side unfortunately. Another limitation of my system is I can't have more than one color for the name that hovers above the tank, otherwise i'd have just the two letter name extension be the team color.

I'll play with turning up the "tint power" setting on the server a bit and see what that looks like.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

oh i see... for me knowing the rank is more important.. like what play said. so we know who to attack / avoid

Quote Originally Posted by Blast07 View Post
    on my device is not easy to recognize who is in my team or an enemy. tanks's color are to dark and from distance looks the same
    then just shoot everyone and see which ones get damaged and which ones don't!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+