Thread: Turn Rollover

Knight

Has anyone considered implementing some sort of a turn "rollover" system? I think it would be nice to allow players to bank a certain number of turns so it wouldn't be so damaging to miss a day or two of gameplay.

Obviously this functionality isn't included in the server software.... and I couldn't figure out any way to script it. Does anyone else think this would be a nice feature?

Lesser Wizard

Actually, I think you could do it during player maintenance. I think that's run before the player stats are recalculated. You'd need to save the turns in an inventory slot and then (I think) you can add them back during daily maintenance. If not then, you could hack a location like the church to give these turns back.

Mind you, I think this feature would upset game play some. Perhaps you might consider just storing one or two days of turns?

Lesser Knight

Ohhh, that sounds like a challenge to me

I think that is very very possible, infact I have already thought of a way to do that right at this moment.

I could possibly have some script up for download this afternoon or tommorow...

Lesser Knight

Here you go.... Have fun!

http://fqmods.cjb.net/ts_0_10.zip

Took me about half an hour or so to script and then briefly tested it, so all in all it works fine. If you happen to find something not quite right with it though be sure to send me an e-mail.

Lesser Knight

Ohh yeah, be careful overwritting any files in the script directory. You can lose information that way...