Thread: Help with ClanLib Plugin

Serf

Default Help with ClanLib Plugin

Hello all,
    I'm trying to get the ClanLib Plugin to work. I'm following the tutorials but I'm not getting the same result as what is shown in the examples.

http://clanlib.org/wiki/VisualStudioPlugin

Instead of seeing ClanLib in the Visual C++ tab, a new tab called Wizards as appeared and i'm got 6 different options instead of the one show in the example picture.

The options I'm getting are:
    Configure
    Examples-vc2008
    Examples-vc2010
    template
    Tests-vc2008
    Tests-vc2010

Name:  ClanLib plugin Problem.gif
Views: 16
Size:  74.3 KB

What is going on and can anyone help me?

If it helps, I'm using windows 7 and Visual Studio C++ Express.
    Last edited by Choco_Rage; 05-25-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Missing Information

Master Sorcerer

It does not work out-of-the-box on Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition, but after installing it normally you copy all the ClanLib* files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcprojects to your home user dir (for instance C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Wizards), it works.
    If you performed this step in the guide, then my best guess is that you must have copied the wrong files. It is not ClanLib itself you need to copy, but the plug-in description files.

Serf

Which files are they, as it's not clear.

ClanLib Developer

4 files in total:
    clanlib.ico, clanlib.vsdir, clanlib.vsz, ClanLib\clanlib.vsdir

Serf

OK, I only seem to have 1 of those 4 files, Clanlib.ico. Clanlib.vsdir, Clanlib.vsz and ClanLib\clanlib.vsdir are no-where to be found, I ran the plugin repair tool and that didn't work, where are they? I even checked the Clan lib folder just in case and nothing. even uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin didn't work. Any idea where they are or why the plugin installer is not giving me them?

Master Sorcerer

They should be in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcprojects on 64 bit Windows, and in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcprojects on 32 bit Windows.

Maybe you are looking in C:\Program Files (x86)\ClanLib\ClanLib Visual Studio Add-In ?

If you are really looking in the correct directory and they aren't there, then it is most likely some kind of permission problem on your system preventing the installation. It requires administrative privileges to install files to the program files folder.

Serf

Yes, it now works, thanks. I guess I was looking in the wrong place after all. My bad.

Thanks for you time and patients.