View Poll Results: has this happened to you?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • other tank is faster tank than supposed to, not lag. fast gun

9 90.00%
  • no I just suck.

0 0%
  • im not sure

0 0%
  • whats a tank?

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: New Problem game hack?

Serf

Default New Problem game hack?

Lizegirl and I lost to a tank that was literally 50times faster. Shot like a machine gun or seemed like fireworks. Could drive around circle and shoot me 8 times and drive back around the outside to other half and shoot lizegirl 10 times.
    Player was godlike AU I believe tank wad spider.

Few rounds before. I saw apollo in RTSoft tank....playing normal....his partner was not... I was with rampage who was driving Panzer. Apolloos paryner driving an M stuart ran down a panzer. Shot him....was not visibly as fast as previous round Nd as blatant as godlike was doing. Please fix this.

Please bump or like this thread if you have experienced this.

yes i've just experienced this vs godlike AU , i'm very cautious in accusing people cheating, but of what i've seen today i'm not sure what to think. team game of 20 winning points ends quicker than usual with godlike. if he is lagging, he couldn't have killed so many people in a short game. player named pick was also there to witness, pick mentioned he always play at around this time and changes his name.

admin, or seth please shed some light into this.. normally if people are lagging , i can tell, but this one seems a bit different.

Serf

Happens all the time. Player GD, godlike QW and now cheater AU. They are fast and nobody seems to do anything about it.

SIGH...... More false accusation. It is called LAG. He is faster because he is jumping all over the place because of lag. There is no such thing as making your tank faster by hacking! Its just people jumping to conclusions.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    SIGH...... More false accusation. It is called LAG. He is faster because he is jumping all over the place because of lag. There is no such thing as making your tank faster by hacking! Its just people jumping to conclusions.
    SIGH...wrong again soccerfu. I've seen this before, reported it to Seth with specifics and he confirmed they did indeed hack to have a super tank. I've also seen the 'lag jumping' and this wasn't it.

I've banned those players (actually, they are all the same guy), I haven't been able to personally verify it, but I think I know the method used... (less of a hack and more of a clock/timing trick done on a rooted android phone that fools the existing anti-hack detection stuff)

The server will detect and start banning anyone who tries that soon.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tankedrox View Post
    SIGH...wrong again soccerfu. I've seen this before, reported it to Seth with specifics and he confirmed they did indeed hack to have a super tank. I've also seen the 'lag jumping' and this wasn't it.
    This is actually not a hack. It is a "glitch" in the system that someone is exploiting and the player has already been taken care of.

The "glitch" is going to be fixed soon AND any player that even attempts to exploit it will be automatically detected and taken care of.

No worries.

EDIT: Just noticed Seth already addressed this above.
    Last edited by Play; 05-19-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: see above

Quote Originally Posted by tankedrox View Post
    LOL..... worst comeback i have ever seen!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Thanks for clarifying Seth, play.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I've banned those players (actually, they are all the same guy), I haven't been able to personally verify it, but I think I know the method used... (less of a hack and more of a clock/timing trick done on a rooted android phone that fools the existing anti-hack detection stuff)

The server will detect and start banning anyone who tries that soon.
    I play over 3G and from time to time I face horrible lags (and they looks as Yourmomsmom described). I hate them, I lost many points by them. But it seems that issue is on my side (actually not mine but my 3G network provider).

Quote Originally Posted by Blast07 View Post
    I play over 3G and from time to time I face horrible lags (and they looks as Yourmomsmom described). I hate them, I lost many points by them. But it seems that issue is on my side (actually not mine but my 3G network provider).
    Server is now actively banning anyone with suspicious client activity. (It bans the device and the location, it doesn't fool around) There is a .. chance .. it could incorrectly ban people with poor connections (like yours Blast07) so .. well, hopefully it will behave.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

ok, lets see,
    I plan to buy new cable TV subscription with good internet package. T that should resolve my issue with lags when I play at home but not when I play during travel to work (20 minutes in a tram)

yes blast, watch out, i saw you doing similar thing on your last game, i was going to warn you but you were offline straight after. you are not doing as bad as godlike but similar moves.

Lesser Wizard

yep, I know that, and don't like that. I've just lost 70pts because of that.
    This is a issue of my 3G network provider. Unfortunately it seems that I have to live with that till August, when I'll buy better cable TV subscription