Thread: Is FQ development happening?

Lesser Wizard

It's been a few months since the last official FQ release. I believe that Seth has many, many tongs in the fire. That said, Seth, can you set our expectations as to when we might expect the next FQ release?

On other FQ development fronts, I'm curious has to how many other FQ mod hackers there are out there. What are people working on? How easy do you find working in the FQ scripting environment? What do you want to see in more of in FQ? I know this wish list comes up frequently, but it never hurts to get another call for ideas.

Hi John, well, I've got a version with a few scripting tweaks as you know, I can release that at any time. (are any mods ready that need them?)

But since nobody was asking about getting that version I am kind of sitting on it, still need to fix the modulus support and would like to add a few things to the main town menu before the next release if possible. (for scripting hooks)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Thumbs up

Several weeks ago, I put together a reference for scripting in FQ. If you have some programming experience and would like to see how you can expand FQ, this document may help. It includes a syntax and function reference as well as several example modifications such as creating new items, modifying locations and using maintenance. I also cover editting the ascii files that control events, news items and risks.

Please take a look at the document and report back errors to me, or reply to this topic.

Thanks. I hope you find this document useful.