Thread: Hey Seth, can you check this out?

Question Hey Seth, can you check this out?

I played pick in vip solo (pick is a very square player) I beat him once, He lost 185 pts. Then He beats me, and I lose 190 pts. He has over 13,000 more cp then I do. Was this a glitch, or what?

Thank you.
    No Matter How Many Fish Are In The Sea, IT WILL BE SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AquaWhale View Post
    I played pick in vip solo (pick is a very square player) I beat him once, He lost 185 pts. Then He beats me, and I lose 190 pts. He has over 13,000 more cp then I do. Was this a glitch, or what?

Thank you.
    I think it was a glitch because the least strongest player usually doesn't win,so therefore if they win the gain the most cp and if the stronger player wins,they win less then the other player.
    AnthonyS1C is me.Who are you?Like a great master once said"be you inner self"So im me?

I don't think it's a glitch Anthony. Aqua how many kills did you get? And how many did pick get? In the first and second game. So if you only had 1 kill then pick would definitely win more since he has 3 and you only got 1 and in the other game I think pick got 2 kills and you got 3 that's why you won fewer points but it's a theory I'll see your answer of how many kills you and pick got in the first and second game that could prove me theory right or wrong or Seth could just tell me Lol.
    Last edited by darkhawk; 07-07-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: I needed to add something Lol
    The Hawk Can Drive A Tank Like A Boss ( And Run You Over With A Beagle <3

Default No, lol

Quote Originally Posted by darkhawk View Post
    I don't think it's a glitch Anthony. Aqua how many kills did you get? And how many did pick get? In the first and second game. So if you only had 1 kill then pick would definitely win more since he has 3 and you only got 1 and in the other game I think pick got 2 kills and you got 3 that's why you won fewer points but it's a theory I'll see your answer of how many kills you and pick got in the first and second game that could prove me theory right or wrong or Seth could just tell me Lol.
    I won my game 3-2, and lost 3-2 (by one darn shot too). So I don't think its that.

I won my game 3-2, and lost 3-2 (by one darn shot too). So I don't think its that.
    Well how much CP did you have before and after the game?

Default Oops forgot something

what I kinda meant was how much did you have after the game and in the second 1 how much CP did you have? sorry about the mistake

Huh. Was a third person in the game at any point? A 100% 1v1 game of people with over 2000 CP should give 200 cp for winning. I thought...

I plan to tweak the scoring system a bit soon anyway, it can be a bit unfair.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Huh. Was a third person in the game at any point? A 100% 1v1 game of people with over 2000 CP should give 200 cp for winning. I thought...

No, once I beat imagirl 1v1, in VIP solo. She had 2800 cp, and I got 101 for beating her....
    The capital of moo town is 3 doors down from the square root of 36 +2 camels means you have exactly 3.5 fish

If both players have > 2000, it should be 200 points won/lose. However, if one of the players has less than 2000, the whole thing is adjusted to be worth less points, so you may get much less for beating him, depending on how many you yourself have.

The reason this is done is because if you're a high level player, it really sucks to get beat by a 10 CP noob and lose 200, whereas if you had beat him, you would have only gotten 1.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

I like the scoring system as it is. The only thing I might tweak is team scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by slunder View Post
    No, once I beat imagirl 1v1, in VIP solo. She had 2800 cp, and I got 101 for beating her....
    Maybe there was a third player. Perhaps they left before the first kill. That would explain it.

If both players have > 2000, it should be 200 points won/lose. However, if one of the players has less than 2000, the whole thing is adjusted to be worth less points, so you may get much less for beating him, depending on how many you yourself have.

The reason this is done is because if you're a high level player, it really sucks to get beat by a 10 CP noob and lose 200, whereas if you had beat him, you would have only gotten 1.
    Yeah Seth is right about the 2000 part that BOTH people need it I just realized that I never knew BOTH people had to have 2000 or over thanks for the info Seth

Default No

No there was no 3rd player at any point. Just me and pick. I thought/think the player with more CP should lose more, not less, then the player with less CP in any situation. However that's just my opinion. You made the game you can do what you think is right. Thank you for making the game possible, and for all you do.

No there was no 3rd player at any point. Just me and pick. I thought/think the player with more CP should lose more, not less, then the player with less CP in any situation. However that's just my opinion. You made the game you can do what you think is right. Thank you for making the game possible, and for all you do.
    Now I'm stuck I have no idea now lol I couldn't think of anything :L guess Seth needs some tweaking with the point system cause its a bit off track now Lol