Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanked Guide for Newbies and Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by god View Post
    It is mine mania strategy. Those are the best locations for mines. Red means best location for mine. Pink 2nd best and blue 3rd. Notice no mines are on spawn. That is because that is a waste of a mine it explodes immediately when person is spawned and because there is a 1 sec invincibility shield on newly spawned it serves no purpose. Instead it is around the spawn locations in a binary or trinary format
    Hey god just letting you know its possible to spawn in the centre of the pyramid.
    The Hawk Can Drive A Tank Like A Boss ( And Run You Over With A Beagle <3

Quote Originally Posted by darkhawk View Post
    Hey god just letting you know its possible to spawn in the centre of the pyramid.
    he put a tank in the pyramid.
    Badaim im not billybobjoe anymore. my sister is.

Banned

M4 Sherman
    Attachment 1953
    Introduction
    With a skilled driver, this tank will go to the upper echelons of the tanked world, while a poor driver will be rejected like scum, to roam the world of the whites/low greens.

This tank is the one I have used since I was 300 points. It has got me to pink, and I have no vision of changing it yet. If you can master it, this tank can destroy the opposition.

Strengths
    This tank is powerful. One shot will cause a fair bit of damage. If you get one lucky shot through the hole in arena centre, or from edge of circle, you will make life a lot easier for you or your team. If it is damaged tank, you might even kill it. It isnít massively slow, like fatty. It has decent armour, same as M3 and RTSoft.

Weaknesses
    The reload speed on the tank is the slowest in the game, but if used properly, this one drawback isnít enough to lose you the match!

Best map
    M4 is good on all maps, but I personally think it is best on Egypt. This is because there are so many places from which you can shoot someone else when they are looking the other way. If they are in the pyramid, you can drive around the outside and take a shot at them. If you are in the pyramid you can poke out and shoot someone. If you behind the cube, you can rush and attack whenever anyone comes out of your side of the pyramid.

How to use the M4
    With the M4 it is almost always crucial to get the first shot. This is true for M3, M4, Spider, and RTSoft. The best tactic is to circle other tanks, taking a shot every time you reload. I will explain in detail the strategy required for each tank later.

Best mode
    I think the best mode is beagles. In hardcore, panzers run around getting shields, and can beat you. In beagles it is mostly down to angle and technique. Also, in beagles you have a crucial advantage over the fatty (as of recent adjustments). In other modes, you have to run around, get 2/3 crates, and use them all to beat fatty. In a large beagles map, you can run close behind the fatty, launch a beagle, and kill it. Another technique you can use in beagles mode with M4 is to launch a beagle at the tank, then start shooting them. They will instinctively back away from beagle, and try to turn away. In the time they are turning, you can have a free shot at them. Also, against lovetanks, fire a beagle, and one shot will kill them.

Mine mania is also good with M4, but that is not too relevant to the tank you are driving, more to the positioning of mines.
    Tanks

M3 Stuart: With the M3, you have to get the first shot. Life would be easier if the M4 had exactly half reload speed, and exactly double firepower, but that isnít the case. The reload speed is just under half of the M3. What this means, is that if you shoot at the same time, you are going to lose that battle (assuming the M3 fires at the reloads of course). For this reason, not only do you have to shoot first, you have to have a margin of at least 0.5 Ė 1 second. The best way to do this is approach from back, or circle. When you first spawn on town map, this can be difficult, so just try to avoid M3 until you can attack from side/back. If this is not possible, then hope your opponent misses the cue!

Panzer: Panzers can be pesky little things. Although usually easy to beat, sometimes they run around getting crates, and attack you with a shield. The best scenario for them is town on hardcore. They take all the crates, you canít get any, and with their shields they come and kill you. There is nothing you can really do about them. Usually though, they are easy to kill. 2 shots will kill them.

M4 Sherman: Against another M4 it is CRUCIAL to get the first shot. If there are no crates in the equation, then whoever gets the first shot wins, simple as that! That is why, to minimalise risk, you need some crates. Healthís work good, as do shields. Beagles, maybe if you are close. Mines arenít much use. Make sure you fire the second reload ends.

Lovetank: Lovetanks are just plain annoying. Use a beagle if available, and one shot will kill it from there. Watch out though, they are fast, and if they have a beagle they can be dangerous. Otherwise, a crate isnít needed, but if you are damaged, then a health will do nicely against a lovetank.

Spider
    : Spider is the same as M3, but faster. If you are in arena, and they run behind a curved wall, then back away from the wall. They could emerge from either side, shooting at you. They also have a tendency to get crates first. Otherwise, same as M3.

The Skull: Skulls are my favourite. One shot kills them. Another reason why beagleís mode is good: skulls can do nothing against an M4. There are only 2 ways you can be killed by a skull. 1) They have a shield. 2) They attack from behind. Beagles mode extinguishes one of these methods. Be sure to exploit them as much as you can. Skulls are very strong against M3ís and panzers. If they (M3/panzer) are on your team, you could still lose. If you are in solo, they could kill all the M3ís and panzers and win. Look for the skull, and make as much use of the easy kill as possible.

The Fatty: Make no mistake, fatties are deadly. In order to stand a chance, you need to come prepared. The best combination is a shield and a beagle. Activate your shield, run at the fatty and let loose the beagle. Just a beagle works well too, but you might sustain damage. Otherwise you need at least two healths, or two shields. Fatty on deathmatch is very difficult. What you do it enter its range and take a shot. If he/she has a shield, heíll activate. You run away until it ends. You do the same again. In this way, it wonít have any shields. This will help you win. Whatever the case, be very wary of the fatty.

RTSoft tank: The RtsoftÖ A very dangerous tank. It takes three shots to kill the rtsoft. Just like the M3, but the firepower is much greater. With the RTSoft, you have to have the first shot, but not only that, you have to have had, or be close to, your second shot by the time it hits you. The best way to do this is to shoot from behind, then start circling in the same direction you see his turret moving. The aim is to maximise the time it takes for him to reach you. Preferably, have a shield or health handy. I canít say much else about the RTSoft.

Tips: Make sure you fire exactly at reload. Practice in Beginner matches. This is essential.
    Learn circling, if used correctly, it will really help.
    Ask Wagwan or Noobie for help if you need it (not in the middle of a game please).
    If you think I missed anything, Iíll go over it.

Article was written by Wagwan/Noobie

Back to the top
    Thanks. This helped a lot.

Lesser Wizard

Default I had that on the tips thread, by play. God one message for you...

It is mine mania strategy. Those are the best locations for mines. Red means best location for mine. Pink 2nd best and blue 3rd. Notice no mines are on spawn. That is because that is a waste of a mine it explodes immediately when person is spawned and because there is a 1 sec invincibility shield on newly spawned it serves no purpose. Instead it is around the spawn locations in a binary or trinary format
    I know the strategy in hedge maze, and courtyard, but other maps its kinda hard to place the mines in the correct spot.

I wrote a good fatty article in megaman's thread the one that you asked for the info. I have a really good technique to beat the fatty, I beat many people with skull, when the opponent had a fatty. Also could I help you with this thing? I could be a help, and I could also discuss with many others to make them understand the way of playing tanked.
    The king of demons is here.

Master Sorcerer

i can beat a fatty in beagles, but i wont tell, but sometimes i lose still
    6 yellows, 2 oranges, 6 lasers = 1.02 million cp

Introduction
    The Love Tank is one of the most understood tanks in the game. I say that it is misunderstood because so many people dismiss it or do not use it to it greatest potential. In a nutshell the tank is a defender and is meant to draw attention and eventually die. Noticed that I said eventually. I say this because it takes a lot to kill a love tank and in the right hands...... you will be feared on the battle field but unfortunately, not appreciated.

Combat Style (few words)
    In order to use a love tank you need to first concentrate and use its speed and shields to gather weapons. Once you have the weapons you charge into the battle and act as a shield to your teammates while killing anyone you makes the mistake of getting to close to you. As you drive by others enemy tanks; pop off a shot or two while moving. This will cause them to many times waste a shield or at least stop and look around. This makes it easier for your teammates to kill them later.
    Strength
    The strengths of a love tank lie in its shields and speed. While it is not as fast as a panzer, you can run one down if they have been previously shot. It generally will take multiple shots from most tanks but four shots from a skull will kill it. When it refreshes it goes to full strength so keep up with your life meter and refresh just before it hits bottom. Another strength is that it takes two beagles or land mines to kill it if it is at full strength. While you can (and most often will) chase a tanks all the way across a battle field be careful when they pick up a crate. If they stop, have your shields ready to deploy, they will normally fire off a beagle and you can resume chasing them again until they die or one of your teammates shoot them.
    Best maps
    The best map I have found for the love tank is the coliseum in regular or crate mode. Head right away to the center for crates regardless of who is around you. The idea is to get both crates and draw out the other team. As they waste their time shooting at you, your team mates have now snuck up behind them and they soon will be killed. When you respawn, keep moving and shoot on the fly while launching your beagle on one side of the column while shooting from the other. This will make the enemy watch you and not see the beagle coming from behind.
    Best modes
    Best mode is beagles. You have speed and can take a hit before dying. Drive hard to the enemy and get as close as you can ( I have been known to pin people against a wall). If you don't want to try the wall move, turn at a 60 degree angle right before you get to them. This will make them think for a second that they have you on the run. When they turn, fire off a beagle right in front of them. They will not have time to stop and they will drive right into it.
    Best against which tanks
    The love tank can go head to head with a panzer, and I have killed quite a few M4's that could not hit a moving target. Everyone else, you will need to use shields and cunning. Most tanks will fear you because they have a hard time killing you. Many fight back out of survival (and they generally will win) until they notice that they are surrounded by your fellow teammates. I have beaten fatties but you really need to stalk them and jump them from their blind side. The tanks I win most of the time against are those that chose to ignore you. These are the tanks that will not shoot at you because you are a waste of shells. These are also the tanks that will let you get really close to them. Ram them and pin them against the wall and hold them till your teammates get there, fire off a beagle, or my favorite, drop a mine in the direction they were traveling and run away from them. When they chase you (to teach you a lesson), they drive over the mine and it is all over but the crying.
    Weaknesses
    The weakness of the love is in its firepower. I have shot RT's over 20 times before they die. Shooting at another love tank is a waste of time unless they are harassing your teammates.
    Worst Maps
    Worst map for the love tank is the space station. The design is too head to head. What you can do however is shoot across the station, most tanks won't recognize you as a love tank and they will run out of range. Just keep firing as fast as you can. It does not make any difference you can't hit them, what you are doing is holding them there and creating a smoke shield so they cannot see your teammates approaching. I have on occasion held 2 m4's and a skull at bay while my team surrounded them.
    Worst Modes
    Worst mode is mines. You can use them as a weapon if you get close enough or let someone chase you. Best just to set them up everywhere and travel with a teammate to protect them.
    Worst against which tanks
    While everyone can kill a love tank eventually, a skull can do it in four shots. Best to avoid them head on and try to shoot them from behind.
    Strategy
    Best strategy is to charge full steam ahead. Gather up as many weapons as possible and drive in front of teammates that are about to die to allow them to escape. Try charging an opponent and then back away; they will chase you (not realizing you are leading them to your teammates or drawing out from cover). Never stop moving; learn to drive around opponents in a circle while firing at them. It drives them nuts and makes them run from you. Once they start running, you have them on the ropes.
    Additional Tips
    The best tip I can give is not for love tank drivers, it is for their teammates. When you see a love tank in battle don't sit there waiting to see if they kill someone. SHOOT! The love tank has limited firepower and your ONE SHOT may make the difference between their life or dying. They are distracting the other team so you can get into position to kill them. Finally, to panzer drivers; stop taking all the crates, love tanks do not do well without weapons.... try sharing!
    Oh Yeah and picture that you would like next to your name
    Last edited by ALien BBQ; 03-11-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Excellent love tank review, alienBBQ! One thing though, I thought it took 4 shots for skull to kill?

god, epic guide/tutorial. Thanks for putting it together

Seems like 3 but someone else may know about doubletap. If it is officially 4 then let me know and I will change it.

Yea its officially 4. You can look at the reference guide. Also Skull hits 69.75 damage points while love tanks Hp is 235. So it may look like 3 when Love tank has taken on 1 shot from an rt or 2 from a m3

Edit: double tap?
    Steam‚ÄĘYouTube‚ÄĘTutorial
    If you see me in game...hide

Four it is.

Double tap is a small glitch in the firing system when the net slows down. I have found with my RT that if I double tap the firing button real fast, it fires both shots without waiting for another firing sequence command. This works out really nice against skulls running on iOS. I will charge them head on.... double tap and they are dead before they know it. Seams to only work though head on. Shooting from an angle you have to wait for the firing sequence to cycle.

Lesser Wizard

Default I ADDED THE FATTY ARTICLE... More information

Code:
    The fatty is a tank that you would really want to get or save up. This tank have a thick coat of armor, and it is basically invincible one on one with no crates. The reason it's really good is because it has a fast reload and a thick coat of armor that I was talking about above. The only disadvantage is that it is really slow, but I haven't used a fatty so I have no experience. I will list the basics about the fatty, and how to defeat it with various tanks, such as; the m3, panzer, m4, spider, skull, fatty, rtsoft, dink. Some tanks probably have no chance of defeating a fatty, but I will do the best I can.

First we will be doing a test: If you can answer the questions below, then you are fit to battle an fatty, but you need a specific tank to beat it. Please answer the questions and post them on this thread, this is a strategy test so don't worry if you get any wrong. Some question might seem too easy for you, but like I said it is to help people out. It's okay if you already know this. There are three questions.

1. When you have a mine, and you are battling a fatty, where would you put the mines? 

• In front ?
    • Behind?
    • Sides left or right?
    • In front and behind?
    2. When you have a skull in circle vs a fatty (solo match also mode HardCore) what would you do? 3. When a fatty is coming at you and you are cornered with only a beagle what should you do? This is only if you have skull/panzer.
    • Cry?
    • Use the beagle when he is close by?
    • Shoot him to get some damage on him before you die?
    • Do nothing?
    Now to the description part: M3: Most likely the fatty would win, because even if you have a shield, the fatty could still have a health or something good up his sleeve, but the good thing is that you are faster than the fatty so that allows you to get more crates. So m3 vs a fatty would be best for fatty to battle in hedge. Panzer: The panzer is the fastest tank there is, so that allows for it to get crates faster than any other tank, and the panzer it three times faster than the fatty. The panzer dies against the fatty in two hits though :/, so I prefer not to go up against a fatty when having a panzer. The fatty should battle a panzer in hedge. The other maps are too big. M4: The m4 isn't even a competition for the fatty, it is pretty slow, and takes the m4 forever to reload. That is a big disadvantage for the m4, but for the fatty it is a good thing. The fatty is better than the m4 by a mile. The m4 loses its shield too quickly, really think, what can a m4 do to a fatty in three hits? The best idea is to not go up against a fatty when having a bad tank like the m4. Spider: The spider is a good tank, it doesn't die as quickly as the m4 or the skull, it is a fast moderate tank bases on speed, so that means it can get crates really quickly. The spider is like the rtsoft and m3. So the discretion for them would be similar. The fatty is a fast reloading tank so when the spider is coming a the fatty with no crates then it is sure to lose, and by the time the spider respawns the fatty will have a crate and you don't know what's the crate, it keeps your mind boggling. When you are verseing a tank like fatty you have to take precautions. Skull: The best place to battle a fatty is in town, but how could a fatty be so dumb to battle in town. Another place would be circle though, because the fatty dies in two shots of the skull, and the skull dies in one, the skull has to get some crates, this is for crate king, and hardcore. The skull is way better than the fatty if you look in my point of view. The skull is better than the fatty in circle, town, and space station. It is actually bad to battle a fatty in pyramid or in arena. The skull has a 40-60% chance of winning against a fatty. Fatty: This would be an automatic tie, and a waste of time, fatty vs fatty would be fun in hedge. Other wise it's just a waste of time, because of how slow the tank is. Rt: The rt is the best tank, as people say it is. How is is good if the fatty can over power a rt with no crates? The fatty is a good tank and I will explain why the rtsoft is better. The rtsoft is a tank that is able to beat the skull in one shot, panzer, spider, love, m4, m3, with no effort. The fatty it's a little difficult. The fatty has way too much armor like the love, but the love can't do anything to the fatty. The rtsoft can get crates and use them and defeat the fatty, the rt is way better than the fatty, but I don't have both tanks so, I need to collect data from people, but rt is like the spider so I am thinking the information for the spider also applies for the rtsoft tank.

Code:
    M3: win
    Panzer: win, in hedge, but in other maps the panzer has a chance to win.
    M4: win
    Love: disqualified, meaning that it would take forever to finish a battle, but if it where in hedge the the fatty would win. In other maps takes too long.
    Skull: 40-60% win 
    Fatty: tie
    Rt: lose
    Code:
    Health	135hp
    Damage	-26.2hp    
    Speed	259PS
    Reload	.72 sec
    DPM	        2184
    Above Health Info given by god

Article by: The one and only Demonking
    Last edited by demonkid; 03-13-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Master Sorcerer

what exactly r u trying to say?
    6 yellows, 2 oranges, 6 lasers = 1.02 million cp

Lesser Wizard

Default What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExecution View Post
    what exactly r u trying to say?
    God wanted me to add some things to the fatty article since he liked it, and I have a neat trick to beat a fatty. That too he wanted me to add the damage, health, speed, etc, to the fatty article and I did what he wanted me to do.

I also told how a fatty is good, and how it is bad. I am including all the possibilities based on the fatty.

Hey god, I included the complete tutorial for crate king on MY HOME-MADE TANKED TUTORIAL, did just like you asked me in the game! So are you gonna add it or not?
    Tanked: megaman01

Growtopia : (Retired) megaman01 (visit Thingo)

Quote Originally Posted by megaman01 View Post
    Hey god, I included the complete tutorial for crate king on MY HOME-MADE TANKED TUTORIAL, did just like you asked me in the game! So are you gonna add it or not?
    Yes, but first I need a lil' more.

Because if you see tutorial i want a section for each. How about you start with only Hedge Maze. The break down for each Mode.

But you already have that kind of tutorial. So what you're saying is that I write a better tutorial? It will take longer... So just to confirm, I do a breakdown of each mode (hardcore, deeathmatch, etc..) for each map, including how to dominate? I will quickly start working on it

tick tock god, this is your 1 DAY WARNING!

Done, Sorry it took so long I told you why

Default fatty

Quote Originally Posted by demonkid View Post
    Code:
    The fatty is a tank that you would really want to get or save up. This tank have a thick coat of armor, and it is basically invincible one on one with no crates. The reason it's really good is because it has a fast reload and a thick coat of armor that I was talking about above. The only disadvantage is that it is really slow, but I haven't used a fatty so I have no experience. I will list the basics about the fatty, and how to defeat it with various tanks, such as; the m3, panzer, m4, spider, skull, fatty, rtsoft, dink. Some tanks probably have no chance of defeating a fatty, but I will do the best I can.

First we will be doing a test: If you can answer the questions below, then you are fit to battle an fatty, but you need a specific tank to beat it. Please answer the questions and post them on this thread, this is a strategy test so don't worry if you get any wrong. Some question might seem too easy for you, but like I said it is to help people out. It's okay if you already know this. There are three questions.

1. When you have a mine, and you are battling a fatty, where would you put the mines? 

• In front ?
    • Behind?
    • Sides left or right?
    • In front and behind?
    2. When you have a skull in circle vs a fatty (solo match also mode HardCore) what would you do? 3. When a fatty is coming at you and you are cornered with only a beagle what should you do? This is only if you have skull/panzer.
    • Cry?
    • Use the beagle when he is close by?
    • Shoot him to get some damage on him before you die?
    • Do nothing?
    Now to the description part: M3: Most likely the fatty would win, because even if you have a shield, the fatty could still have a health or something good up his sleeve, but the good thing is that you are faster than the fatty so that allows you to get more crates. So m3 vs a fatty would be best for fatty to battle in hedge. Panzer: The panzer is the fastest tank there is, so that allows for it to get crates faster than any other tank, and the panzer it three times faster than the fatty. The panzer dies against the fatty in two hits though :/, so I prefer not to go up against a fatty when having a panzer. The fatty should battle a panzer in hedge. The other maps are too big. M4: The m4 isn't even a competition for the fatty, it is pretty slow, and takes the m4 forever to reload. That is a big disadvantage for the m4, but for the fatty it is a good thing. The fatty is better than the m4 by a mile. The m4 loses its shield too quickly, really think, what can a m4 do to a fatty in three hits? The best idea is to not go up against a fatty when having a bad tank like the m4. Spider: The spider is a good tank, it doesn't die as quickly as the m4 or the skull, it is a fast moderate tank bases on speed, so that means it can get crates really quickly. The spider is like the rtsoft and m3. So the discretion for them would be similar. The fatty is a fast reloading tank so when the spider is coming a the fatty with no crates then it is sure to lose, and by the time the spider respawns the fatty will have a crate and you don't know what's the crate, it keeps your mind boggling. When you are verseing a tank like fatty you have to take precautions. Skull: The best place to battle a fatty is in town, but how could a fatty be so dumb to battle in town. Another place would be circle though, because the fatty dies in two shots of the skull, and the skull dies in one, the skull has to get some crates, this is for crate king, and hardcore. The skull is way better than the fatty if you look in my point of view. The skull is better than the fatty in circle, town, and space station. It is actually bad to battle a fatty in pyramid or in arena. The skull has a 40-60% chance of winning against a fatty. Fatty: This would be an automatic tie, and a waste of time, fatty vs fatty would be fun in hedge. Other wise it's just a waste of time, because of how slow the tank is. Rt: The rt is the best tank, as people say it is. How is is good if the fatty can over power a rt with no crates? The fatty is a good tank and I will explain why the rtsoft is better. The rtsoft is a tank that is able to beat the skull in one shot, panzer, spider, love, m4, m3, with no effort. The fatty it's a little difficult. The fatty has way too much armor like the love, but the love can't do anything to the fatty. The rtsoft can get crates and use them and defeat the fatty, the rt is way better than the fatty, but I don't have both tanks so, I need to collect data from people, but rt is like the spider so I am thinking the information for the spider also applies for the rtsoft tank.

Code:
    M3: win
    Panzer: win, in hedge, but in other maps the panzer has a chance to win.
    M4: win
    Love: disqualified, meaning that it would take forever to finish a battle, but if it where in hedge the the fatty would win. In other maps takes too long.
    Skull: 40-60% win 
    Fatty: tie
    Rt: lose
    Code:
    Health	135hp
    Damage	-26.2hp    
    Speed	259PS
    Reload	.72 sec
    DPM	        2184
    Above Health Info given by god

Article by: The one and only Demonking
    It sucks fatty sucks it sucks i luv killing fatty

Squire

It takes a long time to read it thoroughly. Good Sticky ;-)