Thread: TOO MANY APP CRASHES

Lesser Knight

Default TOO MANY APP CRASHES

Hi Seth,

I played Tanked on my Touchpad. I have experienced a lot of app crashes in the past two weeks. It happened when I pressed the " vote to launch" button. Also when the solo game started, I tried to leave the game and pressed "forfeit". The app crash caused me lose a lot of CP. After this happens, I do actually restart my Touchpad but it still continues to crash throughout. I am very frustrated. Is there any way you can fix this problem? Thanks.

Lesser Wizard

Default yea

that happens to me about a week ago but it was my internet provider. But one its fine you should cheek your internet provider.
    Ducktape

Hmm, if you can figure out a way for me to reproduce the crashes I can probably fix it. So far I have not been able to duplicate the instability on my side.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

I don't believe app crashes are releated to internet connections. I saw them in the version before the latest update from time to time and they always happened right after I pressed 'vote to launch' and before the game started. Bam...app closes and that's it. Lost connections are another thing entirely and are most definitely related to internet connection....but in those cases the app doesn't usually go 'bam' and away....it locks up for a while then I see 'Lost Connection'.

And in my case the app crashes seem to be happening more often now after the latest update. Is there just more going on now so there's too much info (TMI) for the Touchpad to process? Or maybe is the server punting people and closing apps because TMI causes too much of a lag in their hardware's response? And if so does that mean the Touchpad hardware is really to blame?
    Last edited by tankedrox; 08-10-2012 at 06:06 AM.

yeah and i always have app crash in the middle of the game when i am winning.
    Badaim im not billybobjoe anymore. my sister is.

Seth is there a app we can download that logs the touchpads activity? I can download it and send u the log when it Force Closes
    SteamYouTubeTutorial
    If you see me in game...hide

Quote Originally Posted by tankedrox View Post
    I don't believe app crashes are releated to internet connections. I saw them in the version before the latest update from time to time and they always happened right after I pressed 'vote to launch' and before the game started. Bam...app closes and that's it. Lost connections are another thing entirely and are most definitely related to internet connection....but in those cases the app doesn't usually go 'bam' and away....it locks up for a while then I see 'Lost Connection'.

And in my case the app crashes seem to be happening more often now after the latest update. Is there just more going on now so there's too much info (TMI) for the Touchpad to process? Or maybe is the server punting people and closing apps because TMI causes too much of a lag in their hardware's response? And if so does that mean the Touchpad hardware is really to blame?
    Well, this sounds like an app bug to me. I just would need to recreate it, so if you notice any patterns like it always happens with a certain map (guess it'd hard to see if the map was random..) or only with 8 players, or such, it would help me recreate it on my end. As soon as I can recreate it I can usually fix it very quickly.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by god View Post
    Seth is there a app we can download that logs the touchpads activity? I can download it and send u the log when it Force Closes
    Hmm, I'm not sure.. in my dev stuff I can see the log as I run the game, but it's probably a big hassle to setup on a player's touchpad. Hrm
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by god View Post
    Like the picture cool...
    The hour is near......

Lesser Wizard

app crashes for me have the same pattern as tankedrox, soon as I press 'vote to launch', you can see the screen sliding over but it never finishes the move...crash out... I still lose points even tho nobody have had time to make a kill. .shoot. Or pick up a crate....it happens in both team and solo modes.. But the key factor is 'vote to launch', for me and tankedrox at leased ,
    the truth will set you free

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure.. in my dev stuff I can see the log as I run the game, but it's probably a big hassle to setup on a player's touchpad. Hrm
    Well if you ever want to give me a walk through (websites, ect) I am all ears.
    SteamYouTubeTutorial
    If you see me in game...hide

I notice more crashes when there are more than 50 people on line.

Seth! If I'm typing right before a match starts but when it starts I still am typing. Automatically at that point the app crashes (I don't get disconnected) it just quits the tanked app and I lose my cp

Although good to play on I am finding the android crashing far to much,do we really need 15_20 points lost because of software glitches that cause crashes/frozen tanks and force stop needed,it must be a bug in the game but trying to pinpoint it is the key,surely there's an app crash log ,there used to be back in 2000 when I was downloading apps and games to my palm Treo,my were palm ahead of the game.
    The hour is near......