So I chucked all my Irrlicht code into the RT3DApp and renamed some bits and on Windows I found that sometimes it was building a lot more code than seemed necessary... I'd make a small change to my personal code and then a load of the shared code would apparently need rebuilding... seemed a bit odd...

Then I moved onto iOS to get everything working there and did the same sort of thing; stuck all my code and resources into the RT3DApp XCode project and renamed some things to make it reflect my game rather than RT3DApp. And I find that building the code and running it and then making no code changes and hitting build & run again results in a complete rebuild of the whole project...

Obviously that's a huuuuge drain on my time and patience having to sit through 248 files being rebuilt when absolutely nothing has changed...

Any ideas why this might happen? I guess maybe my fiddling with the project settings and renaming things could have caused some incremental build files to get ignored or something..? It makes me a very sad panda