Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue - app crash on Android 4.04

Lesser Wizard

Unhappy Issue - app crash on Android 4.04

Hi all, I'm back after two moths silence on that forum.

Last week my phone SGS II was automatically updated to Android 4.04, and from that moment Tanked crash every 3rd/4th times.
    The worst thing is that app is not closed after crash but stay on the screen and phone is freeze completely. Therefore after each crash I need to remove battery...

Finally, because of that crash (and also bad network here - I'm on a vacation) I dropped from 2100 pts to 560 during one week...

Before update to Android 4.04 Tanked was really stable...

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Blast07 View Post
    Hi all, I'm back after two moths silence on that forum.

Last week my phone SGS II was automatically updated to Android 4.04, and from that moment Tanked crash every 3rd/4th times.
    The worst thing is that app is not closed after crash but stay on the screen and phone is freeze completely. Therefore after each crash I need to remove battery...

Finally, because of that crash (and also bad network here - I'm on a vacation) I dropped from 2100 pts to 560 during one week...

Before update to Android 4.04 Tanked was really stable...
    welcome back. Wow you never get any luck with your network/connections etc .I wish I could help you out but I haven't got an android so I can't give you any advice .....maybe someone will know a fix and post it for you !..
    the truth will set you free

Lesser Wizard

Hello truth, cool to be back again here.

I still have a lot of fun with Tanked and play, not as much as one year ago but on daily basis I'm going to buy RTSoft tank in thanks to Seth's great job.

But now I'm struggling with that strange issue. Tanked can freeze not only during game but also on the main menu. I guess something has hanged in that Android version because Firefox freeze too.

Thanks for the info.

Hmm. I need to see if I can get Android V4.04 on my Xoom or Xperia Play and test with it, maybe I can reproduce the problem and fix it.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Hmm. I need to see if I can get Android V4.04 on my Xoom or Xperia Play and test with it, maybe I can reproduce the problem and fix it.
    Hi,I have same problem on android ice cream 4 , every now and then crashes,worst is when the tank goes off on its own no steering and no chat to say i am stuck ,the only way to get out is use force stop ,luckily I can still go to home page and select the apps sec and stop game.
    It happens at various times possibly when the games at a high pace,and points are lost I can easy loose 200 points a night through it freezing,its such a shame as the games so good (even better with new/updates),and is it me or is team room really busy of late ? .
    The hour is near......

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Hi,I have same problem on android ice cream 4 , every now and then crashes,worst is when the tank goes off on its own no steering and no chat to say i am stuck ,the only way to get out is use force stop ,luckily I can still go to home page and select the apps sec and stop game.
    It happens at various times possibly when the games at a high pace,and points are lost I can easy loose 200 points a night through it freezing,its such a shame as the games so good (even better with new/updates),and is it me or is team room really busy of late ? .
    Are you using android on touchpad hardware by any chance? I've heard about this "losing control" problem in that setup a few times.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Are you using android on touchpad hardware by any chance? I've heard about this "losing control" problem in that setup a few times.
    hi seth i'm using iPad and this happened to me at least four times. it keeps driving forward by itself, happens usually when my hand slips and i sort of touch control in a random fast gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshoot View Post
    hi seth i'm using iPad and this happened to me at least four times. it keeps driving forward by itself, happens usually when my hand slips and i sort of touch control in a random fast gestures.
    oh yes and if this occurs, its going on for the whole game (still happens after i die)

oh yes and if this occurs, its going on for the whole game (still happens after i die)
    Strange, didn't know that could happen on a real iPad, maybe a game bug rather than a touchpad-android HW issue then.. any way to get it to happen on purpose?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Strange, didn't know that could happen on a real iPad, maybe a game bug rather than a touchpad-android HW issue then.. any way to get it to happen on purpose?
    i'll try to reproduce it tonight. i'll post if i find something.

Hi Seth,yes its android on the HP touch pad, it seems to run great on everything else ie apps,web etc ,but I suppose yes it could be tied into the fact its the tp,I shall try on some other android devices ad see what happens there,and any one know if there's an app crash log for android ?(a good one ) ?.
    The hour is near......

PS
    Yes thinking about it that's when it happens to me,as above,only maybe 1 in 20 games maybe 1 in 40,its as if all controls are dead although the rest of teams score still pops up when they get a kill.
    Saying that I find the new updates better than before,the sounds on match tied is great,but Seth I am blowing up by mines the odd time when respawning (without moving) its as if they are right underneath but not all time.
    The hour is near......

ok seth, i have been able to produce the bug 4 times yesterday.

1. as i said this happens when my hand slip ups and i want to quickly regain control of the tablet.
    2. the tank will keep moving towards a direction until the games ends. the direction can be forward backwards, sideways etc.
    3. while the bug occurs we can't steer up in different directions, we are stuck to that direction.
    4. the arrow of controls pop ups showing the direction you are stuck with and stay there.
    5. i think a few people experiences the issue see new one here that look like the same bug http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...9-A-few-issues

now what i did to produce the bug.. i'm still yet unsure the exact procedure.. i'll try to investigate further.
    1. it seems that random swipe movement in control OR (in both control and right side area) is responsible in triggering the bug...? still unsure
    2. to produce it yesterday , i use the side of my palm to touch the control in a random movement, and fast.. , random swipe & rotation motion
    3. i reproduced the bug 4 times within 3-5 minutes of trial.. so i suppose its easy to produce.

i know its a bit vague, so i don't think this is enough for you to find out why this happens. i'll try to capture it in camera on weekends.

Thanks - very helpful. I've been trying to duplicate this on a Xoom that has V4.03 but haven't been able to, will give it another shot.

I did put out a V2.06 of Tanked on android yesterday btw (primarily it's an overhaul of In App Billing code, not related to gameplay), I was going to modify it so if you hit the "Pause" button, it will turn off all controls and stop the tank, but I noticed it already did that(?). If you hit "Pause" after the controls go crazy, does that fix it?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

i will check the pause option tonight, i never hit pause in assuming that will forfeit the game.. lol..
    If it fixes the issue that is great!

i will check the pause option tonight, i never hit pause in assuming that will forfeit the game.. lol..
    If it fixes the issue that is great!
    seth, apparently pause didn't reset the control.
    you can view the video at

https://vimeo.com/47708795
    PASSWORD: seth

doing the bug, instead the tip of finger to touch, if used the side of my finger..

perhaps after a person dies do a reset / check all the control?

let me know if you need further info

DS

Excellent, I was able to reproduce the problem on my iPad, thanks to your video!! I'm sure I can fix that now...update coming later...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Ok, for now, here is a way to fix the "My tank is running by itself and won't stop" problem:

Touch the screen with all ten fingers, then release. That should fix it, at least it did on my Xoom.

Can you let me know if that works for you?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Serf

Default I HAVE PROBLEM TOO SETH

SETH,
    THis is player YOURMOM
    In the last few days my app has crashed every 3 or 4 games...where it freezes and I have to remove the battery like Beastly described or whomever.
    I am also not able to enter in any text.

My phone is Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 4.04. I'm not sure when it updated but I imagine it was recently.

I dig the game. These recent issues have become problematic.
    No rhyme or reason when it freezes from what I can tell.
    It has done it in menu.
    usually during game play (usually when I'm winning).
    The texting is annoying but wouldn't prevent me from winning and killing other tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by acarpent2002 View Post
    SETH,
    THis is player YOURMOM
    In the last few days my app has crashed every 3 or 4 games...where it freezes and I have to remove the battery like Beastly described or whomever.
    I am also not able to enter in any text.

My phone is Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 4.04. I'm not sure when it updated but I imagine it was recently.

I dig the game. These recent issues have become problematic.
    No rhyme or reason when it freezes from what I can tell.
    It has done it in menu.
    usually during game play (usually when I'm winning).
    The texting is annoying but wouldn't prevent me from winning and killing other tanks.
    I only have a Xoom and Xperia play for testing, I need to see if I can get 4.04 on one them....
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies