Thread: Champion of the year awards maybe?

Lightbulb Champion of the year awards maybe?

I just got a cool new idea!!!

Maybe, at the end of every year, there should be a "Champion" for every color rank.

This will be based on number of kills and deaths, because you might just login everyday for free cp, while others fight daily.

If that doesn't work, maybe it could be best player in a certain mode, map, or tank awards!!!

The effect of the awards, could be, I don't know, 250 cp, and 500 free coins from the awards.

I got this idea from MVP, cause, "Why not have a yearly, super MVP Champion?" or something.

Please reply. Always good to get comments and opinions on something.
    Why can't I do anything?

Tanked is fun. World of Tanks too. I hate cliffs. Why?

Oh yeah. Say .. if you think I suck.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas1 View Post

Maybe, at the end of every year, there should be a "Champion" for every color rank.

This will be based on number of kills and deaths, because you might just login everyday for free cp, while others fight daily.

If that doesn't work, maybe it could be best player in a certain mode, map, or tank awards!!!

The effect of the awards, could be, I don't know, 250 cp, and 500 free coins from the awards.

I got this idea from MVP, cause, "Why not have a yearly, super MVP Champion?" or something.

That might be hard to come up with, and the points may be given to inactive accounts. Back in May, before I left, there were people who were tearing it up, rising up the ranks quickly. When I came back, I think about an eighth of those people remained (I barely knew anyone). They could have racked up a lot of deaths, but they don't play anymore.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but what would happen if PlayerNew got it? It would go "poof", because he doesn't play anymore. Plus, during the year, changes were made to the methods of killing. There was that short stint of losing a kill when you died. There was new maps. And who can forget, there are new tanks. Those weren't around back in January. Too much difference in twelve months, I think.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post
    That might be hard to come up with, and the points may be given to inactive accounts. Back in May, before I left, there were people who were tearing it up, rising up the ranks quickly. When I came back, I think about an eighth of those people remained (I barely knew anyone). They could have racked up a lot of deaths, but they don't play anymore.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but what would happen if PlayerNew got it? It would go "poof", because he doesn't play anymore. Plus, during the year, changes were made to the methods of killing. There was that short stint of losing a kill when you died. There was new maps. And who can forget, there are new tanks. Those weren't around back in January. Too much difference in twelve months, I think.
    See, this is why I can count on bacon1 for good critique skills.

You are right. Maybe the awards go only to people who have been on in the last week or so.
    That would make sure the coins and cp wouldn't go to waste.
    Remember how I said per map, mode, or tank? That would even out some things that changed, like what you said above.

Awards can offer encouragement to those people who aren't so good to get better and get the award, causing a higher, more difficult fight between players. This will result in more competition and fun, making people tell their friends to play the game.

Can't you see? It's just a big positive cycle...
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

See, this is why I can count on bacon1 for good critique skills.

You are right. Maybe the awards go only to people who have been on in the last week or so.
    That would make sure the coins and cp wouldn't go to waste.
    Remember how I said per map, mode, or tank? That would even out some things that changed, like what you said above.

Awards can offer encouragement to those people who aren't so good to get better and get the award, causing a higher, more difficult fight between players. This will result in more competition and fun, making people tell their friends to play the game.

Can't you see? It's just a big positive cycle...
    Well, sometimes accounts go inactive for a time, but people are still playing (example A: me, for three months this summer). So the week limit might rob somebody.

Could do one every two months or so. Not as long as a year, but long enough for things to happen.

Not saying awards are a bad thing, but you shouldn't be playing just to get awards. You should play to have fun--who cares if you win anything. Now, I'm not saying get rid of awards--by all means, keep them. They are great incentives. I'm just think people shouldn't kick it up a notch just for a new prize; they should always play hard.

Also, the award could cause some resentment. Some people might think "oh, so-and-so won. Big surprise." then they continue to play, like nothing happened.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Hmm.
    Well, I guess the top five or ten could get partial amounts of prize money.
    That can relax tension between players, like "You beat me only by two kills!!! I hate you!!!" situation.

Downside of that: the higher you go, the less players per color there are.
    So it's anyone's game if you're yellow, which is only @TPNFRC and the name changing UV guy.
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

it should be more like a monthly thing cuz a year..think, that a reaallly loonng tiimmeee...but i like the idea
    Boo.