View Poll Results: What ideas do you like that I thought of?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grenade Launcher

2 22.22%
  • Power up passing

1 11.11%
  • Map with two levels via elevator

6 66.67%
  • Self destruct!

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new idea poll.

Default The new idea poll.

Pick a idea. I thought about this real hard.
    Why can't I do anything?

Tanked is fun. World of Tanks too. I hate cliffs. Why?

Oh yeah. Say .. if you think I suck.

Explanations:
    Grenade Launcher: Shoot someone over an obstacle, like the walls of Arena and Circle, and the pillars of Courtyard and Egypt.
    Power up passing: Lend a hand to a friend by shooting a item to a friend.
    Two level warfare: Roll onto a platform, shoot a button on the wall and get transported up or down a two story parking lot.
    Self-Destruct: Deduct a point from yourself or your team, but when you explode, has the power of a mine exploding under you, killing enemies nearby.

I like the elevator and selfdestruct. What about you?
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas1 View Post
    Explanations:
    Grenade Launcher: Shoot someone over an obstacle, like the walls of Arena and Circle, and the pillars of Courtyard and Egypt.
    Power up passing: Lend a hand to a friend by shooting a item to a friend.
    Two level warfare: Roll onto a platform, shoot a button on the wall and get transported up or down a two story parking lot.
    Self-Destruct: Deduct a point from yourself or your team, but when you explode, has the power of a mine exploding under you, killing enemies nearby.

I like the elevator and selfdestruct. What about you?
    Right, so you want us to vote. I'll do you one better: I'll critique each one, see what's promising about them.

Grenade Launcher: for all the examples of uses you listed, I just don't see it as practical. The walls and pillars on each of those are relatively small, so the launcher wouldn't really save you any time. The only practical place for it would be to get over that wall in Town. But the thing would defeat the purpose of the walls and pillars: relatively safe havens to recuperate. The game would be endless leapfrog (and the game code might not allow it--I don't know how "high" the walls go, or if the game would let you cross them). So end result on grenade launcher? No.

Power-Up Passing: this is currently being discussed on another thread. It could be a good idea if you could find a way to make it work. Maybe drive next to the dying comrade, and have a last minute revive pop up to send it over. Maybe take some of your own health away for doing it? I don't know, keep reworking this one. It's promising.

Two-Level Warfare: this has been discussed in the past. I see you got around the complexities of going uphill by adding an elevator. Clever. I don't think any of us had thought of that. But someone could just guard the elevator and shoot anyone who comes out. Maybe a "no-shoot" zone around the entrance/exit doors? I like how this one is working, though. Just keep tweaking it, making it more practical.

Self-Destruct: kinda pointless. In teams, you could kill yourself before being killed,but then you lose a point, so it's the exact same effect as if someone had actually killed you--you have the same points difference either way. In solo, someone could keep killing themselves and stealing points someone. Besides, suicide is a cowards move. Play to win, or don't play at all. Dying is part of the game, let it happen.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

HEY! i came up with the power up passing, not you
    SINGH-KING not sing, I only sing when...

Default Sure, whatever

All credit of powerup passing goes to singhking
    there. you happy?
    Why can't I do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post
    Right, so you want us to vote. I'll do you one better: I'll critique each one, see what's promising about them.

Grenade Launcher: for all the examples of uses you listed, I just don't see it as practical. The walls and pillars on each of those are relatively small, so the launcher wouldn't really save you any time. The only practical place for it would be to get over that wall in Town. But the thing would defeat the purpose of the walls and pillars: relatively safe havens to recuperate. The game would be endless leapfrog (and the game code might not allow it--I don't know how "high" the walls go, or if the game would let you cross them). So end result on grenade launcher? No.

Power-Up Passing: this is currently being discussed on another thread. It could be a good idea if you could find a way to make it work. Maybe drive next to the dying comrade, and have a last minute revive pop up to send it over. Maybe take some of your own health away for doing it? I don't know, keep reworking this one. It's promising.

Two-Level Warfare: this has been discussed in the past. I see you got around the complexities of going uphill by adding an elevator. Clever. I don't think any of us had thought of that. But someone could just guard the elevator and shoot anyone who comes out. Maybe a "no-shoot" zone around the entrance/exit doors? I like how this one is working, though. Just keep tweaking it, making it more practical.

Self-Destruct: kinda pointless. In teams, you could kill yourself before being killed,but then you lose a point, so it's the exact same effect as if someone had actually killed you--you have the same points difference either way. In solo, someone could keep killing themselves and stealing points someone. Besides, suicide is a cowards move. Play to win, or don't play at all. Dying is part of the game, let it happen.
    Grenade Launcher:Wow. I never thought about that. Now that you mention it, it seems a little dumb. Now.

Power-up passing: I really like that idea. Awesome if you had a fatty and love tank heal each other.

Two-level warfare:Have you ever seen that you can't kill someone who just respawned for about 1-2 seconds?
    Maybe you could let the guy on the elevator have like one second invincibility to have a fighting chance, to let's say, a skull waiting?

Self-destruct:I thought it would work. Hmm, you are a good Tanked player and critique.
    Thanks.
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Two-level warfare:Have you ever seen that you can't kill someone who just respawned for about 1-2 seconds?
    Maybe you could let the guy on the elevator have like one second invincibility to have a fighting chance, to let's say, a skull waiting?
    hmm, that could work. The time invincibility would have to be tested, though, so the guy getting off the elevator doesn't get an advantage. And that map would probably need more substance, because just an elevato3 probably won't cut it.

Lesser Wizard

lets say a skull goes into the elevator and when it comes out the skull is invincible for 2 seconds. See the problem?
    Don't Fear. The Beast is Here.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    lets say a skull goes into the elevator and when it comes out the skull is invincible for 2 seconds. See the problem?
    Exactly, which is why the timing would have to be tested. Only give them enough time to assess the situation and take action, like a second. Maybe don't let them shoot in the invincibility?

Talking

Exactly, which is why the timing would have to be tested. Only give them enough time to assess the situation and take action, like a second. Maybe don't let them shoot in the invincibility?
    Ok, this is getting interesting now, two level warfare.
    What you said was pretty good, actually. I was thinking invincibility
    for one shot hitting them.
    Ex. Skull waits. Stuart comes out and is shot once first. The shot doesn't affect the Stuart.

Wait, New idea. How about if there were automatic doors that when you reached the top or bottom of elevator, they open and resume fighting. Condition:the doors are glass, so you see through them and know what to expect. Also how about two elevators? Then there is a choice to go in either one, for the surprise factor.

Please.comment on this. I like opinions.
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Ok, this is getting interesting now, two level warfare.
    What you said was pretty good, actually. I was thinking invincibility
    for one shot hitting them.
    Ex. Skull waits. Stuart comes out and is shot once first. The shot doesn't affect the Stuart.

Wait, New idea. How about if there were automatic doors that when you reached the top or bottom of elevator, they open and resume fighting. Condition:the doors are glass, so you see through them and know what to expect. Also how about two elevators? Then there is a choice to go in either one, for the surprise factor.

Please.comment on this. I like opinions.
    Well, with your example, the m3 wouldn't be able to shoot either, or the skull wouldn't stand a chance. The glass doors is neat, but you could only see straight ahead (the sides would be a blind spot because of the walls). And multiple elevators is a given--one would get cramped.

Well, with your example, the m3 wouldn't be able to shoot either, or the skull wouldn't stand a chance. The glass doors is neat, but you could only see straight ahead (the sides would be a blind spot because of the walls). And multiple elevators is a given--one would get cramped.
    Questions and comments:
    1) What I meant was that the walls would be see through too.
    2) I will get a drawing/picture here soon. Just to show you what I mean. Do not blame me for bad drawing.
    3) All people new idea, but I can't add it. Who wants a radar item??? Tells location of all friends and enemies in minimap on your screen...
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Questions and comments:
    1) What I meant was that the walls would be see through too.
    2) I will get a drawing/picture here soon. Just to show you what I mean. Do not blame me for bad drawing.
    3) All people new idea, but I can't add it. Who wants a radar item??? Tells location of all friends and enemies in minimap on your screen...
    No, I think I know what you mean. It could work.

As for a radar, I'm going to have to say no on this one. First and foremost, the maps are relatively small--you should be able to find everyone without much difficulty (unless they are hiding from you). But if they are hiding from you, then this would take that ability away. There would be no safe place on the map if everyone knew where you were. It's kind of like that grenade launcher idea--it would ruin hiding places. Plus, one of the best parts of strategy in this game is knowing where everyone is--if you are surprised by the appearance of someone, you aren't playing right. If anything, I would say only see your teammates' locations (not the enemy), but that would mean you could always go and support your buddy, which would ruin the killing strategy of the other team. Plus, a radar would clutter up the screen.

So no, based on the removal of secrecy.

Sorry guys no drawing.
    Still I want to say that it is a big rectangle.
    on two opposite sides of the central column are two elevators of glass.
    Shoot the button go up or down. Get it bacon? Not that complex actually.
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Sorry guys no drawing.
    Still I want to say that it is a big rectangle.
    on two opposite sides of the central column are two elevators of glass.
    Shoot the button go up or down. Get it bacon? Not that complex actually.
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is that the map needs to contain more than an open space. It needs some more substance, not just the gimick of an elevator--although cool, elevators do not comprise an entire map--it needs more, a new layout, complex design, something.

Let's call the map Elevation.
    Based on my previous description, how about a wall in front of each elevator for surprise!
    Crates on each of the four corners on first and second floor.
    Spawn points are in front of the elevators.

Did I miss anything? Please add more detail. I like more deatailed, complex maps like arena.
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Let's call the map Elevation.
    Based on my previous description, how about a wall in front of each elevator for surprise!
    Crates on each of the four corners on first and second floor.
    Spawn points are in front of the elevators.

Did I miss anything? Please add more detail. I like more deatailed, complex maps like arena.
    The name is kind of irrelevant, but nice creativity. A wall would be bad, in my opinion; you should have clean visibility coming off the elevator. Now, there can be walls in the distance, and you might not be able to see far, but there shouldn't be a wall--you should be able to maneuver without having to worry about going around a wall--that just takes time you don't have.

Crates should be elsewhere, too. Not just the corners. Some spawn points in front of elevators--like the crates, there needs to be more.

Maybe, to add substance to the map, put an "atrium" or something in the middle--a unique floor pattern on the base floor, and a room with either an opening or a "glass" floor that would let you see down on the top(granted, not very much could be seen, but that shouldn't matter, as it is just something to look cool--you shouldn't focus on the fighting below).

Also, the two map levels shouldn't be the same--that would be boring. The top could play out like a normal map, with walls and defenses, but the bottom could be a maze. The maze could have a ring around the outside so you could get to elevators, but there are no crates on the outer ring. You have to get through the maze, to the middle (that you can see from above), where there is a stockpile of crates.

I might try to get a picture up, but it should be pretty self-explanatory.

Lesser Wizard

Hmm, just thought of a problem that needs solving.

So, you drive into the elevator, right? Then the elevator takes you up or down, the doors open, and you drive away. Sounds simple.

But, what direction are you facing in? When the doors open, you will be backwards, and would have to kick it into reverse to get out.

Picture:

\|-|/ --tank direction--> |-| (the weird looking things are doors and walls--sorry, I don't have a lot to work with on a keyboard)--but the tank is still facing in the wrong direction.

The elevator could pivot, but that would look weird and unreal.

Now, maybe the elevator works kind of like a respawn, except instead of dying, you are just changing location. You go in, and the next thing you know, you are facing around on a different level--that might even take it easier on Seth's software--instead of having to create ceilings and floors, he could basically make two separate, yet connected maps.

Hmm, just thought of a problem that needs solving.

So, you drive into the elevator, right? Then the elevator takes you up or down, the doors open, and you drive away. Sounds simple.

But, what direction are you facing in? When the doors open, you will be backwards, and would have to kick it into reverse to get out.

Picture:

\|-|/ --tank direction--> |-| (the weird looking things are doors and walls--sorry, I don't have a lot to work with on a keyboard)--but the tank is still facing in the wrong direction.

The elevator could pivot, but that would look weird and unreal.

Now, maybe the elevator works kind of like a respawn, except instead of dying, you are just changing location. You go in, and the next thing you know, you are facing around on a different level--that might even take it easier on Seth's software--instead of having to create ceilings and floors, he could basically make two separate, yet connected maps.
    Hmm, is it like this?
    While you're in the elevator, the software turns your tank around automatically?
    Also I was thinking may be make the elevators wider to fit TWO tanks. That would be fun. Just not two fattys.
    Why can't I do anything?

Lesser Wizard

Hmm, is it like this?
    While you're in the elevator, the software turns your tank around automatically?
    Also I was thinking may be make the elevators wider to fit TWO tanks. That would be fun. Just not two fattys.
    The program would have to turn you around, but it would be up to Seth to see if his software could handle it easily.

I think a double wide would be cramped. I mean, if someone fires a beagle in there, you don't stand a chance. You'd basically be entering a kill-box, with no room to maneuver or hide.