Thread: Idea - capture the flag

Knight

Lightbulb Idea - capture the flag

I had a great idea.

We could have a new game mode, capture the flag!

For those of you who have never played capture the flag, here is a quick summary: The game starts with 2 teams on either side of the map. In the middle, there is a flag. The aim is to get the flag, and take it to your base on the OTHER side of the map. So you start off with your enemy's base when the game starts.

I was thinking that it could be on a map like town (maybe a few little walls in the middle for cover?) and the base is a small circle of the teams colour. When you die, the flag is dropped where you died. Same as other modes, crates are there, but this aim is to get the flag to base, not most kills.

I don't think you should make this a mode for points straight away. It would be, IMO, a fun mode, not serious.

I was thinking from 3v3 to 6v6. It would be a really fun mode (I honestly think).

One thing I don't know is if it should be 1st flag to base wins, or best of three or something. I don't know how long these kind of games might last... If it is best of three, then as soon as the flag is taken to the base, there will be a big sign saying 'FLAG CAPTURED BY RED TEAM' (or something like that...) and the flag would respawn in the middle again.

Also, the flag wouldn't interfere with the player who has it. There would be a little message at the top or bottom of page saying 'You have the flag', and the flag would be hovering over the player, VERY visible to everybody else.

What do you think of the idea? Hope I have explained it well. I personally think this is an idea that could make tanked a much more fun game. There is still the shooting and killing and getting crates and strategy that makes tanked so addictive but the aim is a bit different. I hope everyone likes this idea, I sure as hell do!

Quote Originally Posted by Wagwan/Noobie View Post
    I had a great idea.

We could have a new game mode, capture the flag!

For those of you who have never played capture the flag, here is a quick summary: The game starts with 2 teams on either side of the map. In the middle, there is a flag. The aim is to get the flag, and take it to your base on the OTHER side of the map. So you start off with your enemy's base when the game starts.

I was thinking that it could be on a map like town (maybe a few little walls in the middle for cover?) and the base is a small circle of the teams colour. When you die, the flag is dropped where you died. Same as other modes, crates are there, but this aim is to get the flag to base, not most kills.

I don't think you should make this a mode for points straight away. It would be, IMO, a fun mode, not serious.

I was thinking from 3v3 to 6v6. It would be a really fun mode (I honestly think).

One thing I don't know is if it should be 1st flag to base wins, or best of three or something. I don't know how long these kind of games might last... If it is best of three, then as soon as the flag is taken to the base, there will be a big sign saying 'FLAG CAPTURED BY RED TEAM' (or something like that...) and the flag would respawn in the middle again.

Also, the flag wouldn't interfere with the player who has it. There would be a little message at the top or bottom of page saying 'You have the flag', and the flag would be hovering over the player, VERY visible to everybody else.
    . cant say
    What do you think of the idea? Hope I have explained it well. I personally think this is an idea that could make tanked a much more fun game. There is still the shooting and killing and getting crates and strategy that makes tanked so addictive but the aim is a bit different. I hope everyone likes this idea, I sure as hell do!
    interesting idea. That would be way awesome
    SteamYouTubeTutorial
    If you see me in game...hide

Quote Originally Posted by god View Post
    interesting idea. That would be way awesome
    That would be amazing! I like where your going with this Nice idea
    Forget the glass slippers this princess wears cleats.

Lesser Wizard

Cool agreed

this would be awesome and is definetly one of the better ideas posted on forumslol
    The capital of moo town is 3 doors down from the square root of 36 +2 camels means you have exactly 3.5 fish

Lesser Wizard

I like this idea, but I remember a post on this a while ago, and it was rejected as it already exists in a rival tank game !!..I don't see why there shouldn't be a tanked version of it tho..
    the truth will set you free

Lesser Wizard

cool idea. We can have the flag in the center and the team to return it to there base 3 or 4 times wins. Or take it to the enemy's base. Or only get the flag one time and if you have it and you get killed you drop the flag were you were killed??
    Last edited by ducktape; 10-20-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Ducktape

Knight

Really? You had posted it before? Sorry, I didn't know.

If that is the case, I'm less hopeful Seth will consider the idea. Meh. It's up to him. But thanks for all the support guys!

Default TIS EPIC

The title says it all.

No seriously.The only things we need are panzers and a new and bigger map(bigger than town).

Note:LAWDS

Knight

Bear in mind that you can kill people and take the flag off them. Panzers might not be the best idea. They would be shot down as soon as they got the flag. I was thinking a lovetank has the flag, and some fatties/skulls back him up, killing all the enemies. That would be a legendary combo!

Maybe in Capture the flag,there shouldn't be any love tanks...

Knight

Thumbs up

Wagwan, ur a genius, hahaha
    Stay Cool

Thumbs up Seth out there...

This is great idea Seth.

Can you put this in soon???

Epic. Maybe you should make some maps just for capture the flag.

It's a bad idea when you're in arena, what with all the places you could be sneak-attacked.

But it'll be fun. Can you put it in please???
    Why can't I do anything?

Tanked is fun. World of Tanks too. I hate cliffs. Why?

Oh yeah. Say .. if you think I suck.

Default dude ***

dude som1 else had this idea to also there was another 1 similar idea with freeze tag or somthing like that but its okay u probably didnt know
    the snickers will rule the world 1 day... just to let u know

Serf

Sounds fun i also had an idea were we could have a duel mode were it 1 on 1 tht would be fun too