Thread: Owned items/Groups.

Default Owned items/Groups.

Well this has been suggested before but Ill get the idea running again.
    Owned items:
    When you drop items there is more options(Private,Public) The default is always private.
    Private means that no one can take the item except who dropped it, If a player gets banned the item returns to his backpack, if there is no space, it will be added as a emergency slot(When you buy a rare seed pack with only 3 slots left...)
    The public is like the normal drop.
    Groups:
    Groups are like friend lists but you can name it and some other stuff like global group message.
    I hope you like it.
    I am back.

Thanks Azza03.

AmazingCounters.com

Random fact:Higgs bosons give you less than 1% of your mass, Protons and electrons give almost all of your mass. Ps: Your 99.9% empty.
    Check this out:
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...9-Forumerslist
    Different think -Jobs Steve

Lesser Wizard

This is a good idea but overall it would take a serious amount of coding and programming to actually have it work.
    Evidently if this was already suggested, the @Devs would have either implemented it already, or brushed it off!
    Switched to the account iDruid (Perm-Account Now).
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?173704-iDruid

Quote Originally Posted by J192 View Post
    I don't think it will be very hard to code (I experienced programming and adding variables is not really hard).
    One flaw this idea has is that it makes world trading scams easier. A solution to this is to make every private item in a world become public when a world key trade occurs.
    Hmm, Maybe world traded items move ownership to who bought the world.
    Yep, variables are variables. A = 10 in some programming languages.
    I am back.

Thanks Azza03.

AmazingCounters.com

Random fact:Higgs bosons give you less than 1% of your mass, Protons and electrons give almost all of your mass. Ps: Your 99.9% empty.
    Check this out:

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by J192 View Post
    I don't think it will be very hard to code (I experienced programming and adding variables is not really hard).
    One flaw this idea has is that it makes world trading scams easier. A solution to this is to make every private item in a world become public when a world key trade occurs.
    Just like how most world trade scammers are right next to there item (not covered obviously) with a house entrance in between them, while they trade owner wrenches the door and switches to public. Person who buys accepts then he snatchedsthe item and leaves!
    Switched to the account iDruid (Perm-Account Now).
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?173704-iDruid

Master Sorcerer

I actually don't like this idea. People need to learn about responsibility for their items. They also need to learn that the world isn't perfect. Just don't drop your items in an area of which you don't have access in and you'll be fine.

If you ignore the warnings about dropping items, then you are taking a risk. Risk means that you are willing to loose something for a chance to get a greater reward.

Plus people would spam worlds with dropping 'private dirt' everywhere. It would annoy everyone.

There are warnings everywhere, even on the screen that asks how many of a certain item you want to drop. If you are silly enough to ignore them, then it is your fault. People need to learn and take responsibility for their own items.

If you think about it, Growtopia wouldn't be as fun without the drama of scammers. If everything was perfect then the game wouldn't need mods, and it would be pretty boring actually in my most honest opinion.

I think we should focus on people bullying others more than people dropping items and then loosing them. Bullying occurs much more than drop games, because mods don't usually see it and it is harder to stop. Calling people names to make someone feel bad is classed as a type of bullying and name calling happens in most worlds. There are more disturbing kind of bullying which I will not discuss in this post, although they happen in-game too and can get quite disturbing to most people.
    This space is reserved.

I want the group message..would be insanely easy to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanogen View Post
    I actually don't like this idea. People need to learn about responsibility for their items. They also need to learn that the world isn't perfect. Just don't drop your items in an area of which you don't have access in and you'll be fine.

If you ignore the warnings about dropping items, then you are taking a risk. Risk means that you are willing to loose something for a chance to get a greater reward.

Plus people would spam worlds with dropping 'private dirt' everywhere. It would annoy everyone.

There are warnings everywhere, even on the screen that asks how many of a certain item you want to drop. If you are silly enough to ignore them, then it is your fault. People need to learn and take responsibility for their own items.

If you think about it, Growtopia wouldn't be as fun without the drama of scammers. If everything was perfect then the game wouldn't need mods, and it would be pretty boring actually in my most honest opinion.

I think we should focus on people bullying others more than people dropping items and then loosing them. Bullying occurs much more than drop games, because mods don't usually see it and it is harder to stop. Calling people names to make someone feel bad is classed as a type of bullying and name calling happens in most worlds. There are more disturbing kind of bullying which I will not discuss in this post, although they happen in-game too and can get quite disturbing to most people.
    I still have a suggestion left, anyways maybe dirt would only be possible to drop when set to public? Items rarity:20 and below?
    I am back.

Thanks Azza03.

AmazingCounters.com

Check this out:

I personally love all of these ideas, I hope the Devs take a look at this list.