Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid all types of scams

Default How to avoid all types of scams

(1) Dropgames:The simplest scams anyone can avoid.If you see 2 1x2 boxes and people are dropping in the boxes.Just leave the world.
    (2)Trust Test:If you see a 1x2 box and the owner (has green name) says trust test drop items he will obviously ban you so leave the world.
    (3)Pay or Die:When there is a quiz and the owner says pay or die when you fail the question it is a scam he will ban you after you pay or at the end if the quiz.Just leave the world.
    (4)Show off your seeds:The owner tells you "fake" plant your best seed then the owner sets the world to public and steals the seed.Don't show off your seeds.
    (5)World trade no 1:The owner puts rares in blocks after you buy the world at the trade conformation screen he will break blocks.Buy worlds only from trusted people.
    (6)World trade no 2:The owner puts rares without any blocks then someone buys then owner messages his friend and he falls out of the world or goes through another door to the items.Do not buy worlds with items that are not in blocks.
    (7)World trade no 3:The owner or the owners friend is in a checkpoint that is covered by dropped blocks or items then the owner puts rares next to the checkpoint and then the scammer respawns.If you see a world that has rares and the items are covered by blocks somewhere don't buy it.
    (8)World trade no 4:The owner puts cave enternce on cave background with rares and stuff and someone goes in and takes the rares.If you see a world with rares and the items are not covered by blocks don't buy it.
    (9)Pay for access:The owner says pay for access then he bans you.If someone says pay for access it's a scam
    (10)World trade no 5: owner puts wood blocks and door above and a public secret passage with loot inside then the scammers friend jumps in.If you see this leave the world
    (11)Borrow and take:The owner lets you borrow his items if he does then you let him burrow yours and he doesn't give it back.Only let your real life friends borrow stuff.
    (12)Free Gems:You go on the internet it says something like:.Growtopia Free Gems.Then you go it asks for your username and password and how many gems you want.It will say something like the next day.Then you wake up your items are gone.Dont put your username and password on the internet.
    (13)Password Game:The owner puts his password as fjdjsjsjjsjs or something crazy.Then you guess wrong then he asks you to pay then he gives you a wrong hint.Only trust mods at games like all mods and trusted people that are well known.
    (14)Break the world:You break the world owner does not give you prize and bans you.Dont clear worlds unless you want seeds.
    (15)World trade no 6:The scammer does it by himself he jumps up in the secret passage where it's wood where nobody knows then he steals.Dont buy any worlds with dropped items.
    (16)Password Trading:Someone says I buy your password for mine scammer puts fake one and the victim puts real.Then the victim gets scammed.Never give people your password
    (17) World trade no.7:Owner puts stuff in garbage someone buys scammer breaks.Garbage is breakable
    (18)Fake Moderator Mail:A scammer mails you in ex:growtopiastaff@aol.com)You are a mod we just need your username and password to confirm.Seth and a Hamumu never will need it why will you give it to anyone anyway
    To be updated evreytime I find a new scam
    Last edited by LordofEarth; 05-16-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Updated
    Ign:LordofEarth1

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

I guess it all goes down to common sense.
    My signature vv

πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­πŸ‡ͺ πŸ‡±πŸ‡¦πŸ‡³πŸ‡© πŸ‡΄πŸ‡« πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­πŸ‡ͺ πŸ‡«πŸ‡¦πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡±πŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡΄πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ.

Very Helpful, this will help a lot of people.
    Hello! I'm Techy!
    "Never accept the world as it appears to be, dare to see it - for what it could be."
    - Winston, from Overwatch

WOTD Count: 21
    ZEOJUNGLE - FLAGCATCHER - AUTUMNSHARVEST - PADRONOCEAN - HALLOWEENVILLAGE - WEWONTFORGET - MEDIVAL - FABACADEMY - 25THDECEMBER - MYSTERIES - ARKENDALE - GTCARNIVAL - BEHEARD - FABLANDS - LUCHADORES - LIFEMOMENTS - DARKWOODLAND - HOLDONMOMA - SHRIMPS - SILENTRAIN - POLITISMOS

Visit MACHINE; a vending world.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDevourer#2 View Post
    I guess it all goes down to common sense.
    Some people do not understand to avoid types of scams and some don't know what somethings are scams and not.

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

Albert Einstein

Updated!!!

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Very Helpful, this will help a lot of people.
    Friend of his?
    Well their are many other types of scams IF your going to put All then you should put all
    Heres some types:
    Friends scam
    borrow scam
    trade scam
    gem hack scam
    pay or die scam
    password scam
    music scam
    farm scam
    dating scam

and many others
    IGN:Potatosauce

Banned

I found the easiest way to avoid it.
    Don't trade with anyone. =3

Ill never understand how people get scammed. All of you that have been scsmmed are the readon people keep doing it. So give yourself a pat on the back bevause you all keep feeding scammers. No list is gonna help because new scams will pop up. You want the scams to stop? quit giving scammers your items. Picture a lonely scammer in his room all alone because people ignore scams. Then they will get bored with it. As long as thier is a fresh supply of suckers the svamming will continue.

Peasant

Default How To Avoid Hacks Then ..?

I got hack n lost 4 leashes : butterfly , zorblink ( alien Leash ) , Kite , Leprachaun leash and saber and Stick Horsie ... "SIGH" And Seth To Remind u it was shadowswiftt That Hack Me He hack me n told me weird Should Hacker And Scammer Do Dis ?? IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Goh View Post
    I got hack n lost 4 leashes : butterfly , zorblink ( alien Leash ) , Kite , Leprachaun leash and saber and Stick Horsie ... "SIGH" And Seth To Remind u it was shadowswiftt That Hack Me He hack me n told me weird Should Hacker And Scammer Do Dis ?? IDK
    It's impossible for someone to hack your account and steal your stuff. It's either they guessed your password or you told someone your password.
    "I'm not the hero Gotham wants, I'm the hero that Gotham deserves".

IGN: Danlord101
    How to post by MightyBOOSH:

Master Sorcerer

In short:

Get a tough password.
    Don't have doors that lead to items.
    Never drop items when they are unprotected.
    Do not let anyone borrow anything.
    Trust no one woth your items.
    Never give out your password.
    If someone asks you to do something that seems suspicious, don't do it.
    This space is reserved.

Banned

Best answer so far :

DO NOT PLAY GROWTOPIA.

._.

For world scam ,just don't buy world for items.For dropgames just leave when you see one
    Secret about SWAG

Updated!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post
    Friend of his?
    Well their are many other types of scams IF your going to put All then you should put all
    Heres some types:
    Friends scam
    borrow scam
    trade scam
    gem hack scam
    pay or die scam
    password scam
    music scam
    [farm scam]
    dating scam

and many others
    I will put in brackets what are not really scams

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

Albert Einstein

Actually, no need this, all ur above mentioned scams and some unmentioned can all be found in the world GTSCAMERS , it even has detailed explanations of specific scams and built examples in there

Updated!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalAik View Post
    Actually, no need this, all ur above mentioned scams and some unmentioned can all be found in the world GTSCAMERS , it even has detailed explanations of specific scams and built examples in there
    Stop raiding my guide by telling people to go to your world.

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

Albert Einstein

Default Pay or die is not always a scam.

Every so often, i do dice and quiz game, all in PoD form, and whoever wins, wins. Whether I like it or not.
    Although one time, I tapped world ban on accident instead of pull.
    Most of my posts are short and sweet. A few words is powerful enough.

Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Youtube Channel

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Evets1 View Post
    Every so often, i do dice and quiz game, all in PoD form, and whoever wins, wins. Whether I like it or not.
    Some people scam like that I should say most 99.9

- - - Updated - - -

Updated!!!

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

Albert Einstein

Bumpdy bump bump bummmp

Gaming Channel
    LordofEarthGames

Dont touch my Dragon
    Farm world
    LORDOEFARM
    My parkour world
    UNDERWATERSECRETPARKOUR
    I am a mod but stronger
    Links for my posts:
    Click Me
    How to avoid scams

Latest Video

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LordofEarth View Post
    (1) Dropgames:The simplest scams anyone can avoid.If you see 2 1x2 boxes and people are dropping in the boxes.Just leave the world.
    (2)Trust Test:If you see a 1x2 box and the owner (has green name) says trust test drop items he will obviously ban you so leave the world.
    (3)Pay or Die:When there is a quiz and the owner says pay or die when you fail the question it is a scam he will ban you after you pay or at the end if the quiz.Just leave the world.
    (4)Show off your seeds:The owner tells you "fake" plant your best seed then the owner sets the world to public and steals the seed.Don't show off your seeds.
    (5)World trade no 1:The owner puts rares in blocks after you buy the world at the trade conformation screen he will break blocks.Buy worlds only from trusted people.
    (6)World trade no 2:The owner puts rares without any blocks then someone buys then owner messages his friend and he falls out of the world or goes through another door to the items.Do not buy worlds with items that are not in blocks.
    (7)World trade no 3:The owner or the owners friend is in a checkpoint that is covered by dropped blocks or items then the owner puts rares next to the checkpoint and then the scammer respawns.If you see a world that has rares and the items are covered by blocks somewhere don't buy it.
    (8)World trade no 4:The owner puts cave enternce on cave background with rares and stuff and someone goes in and takes the rares.If you see a world with rares and the items are not covered by blocks don't buy it.
    (9)Pay for access:The owner says pay for access then he bans you.If someone says pay for access it's a scam
    (10)World trade no 5: owner puts wood blocks and door above and a public secret passage with loot inside then the scammers friend jumps in.If you see this leave the world
    (11)Borrow and take:The owner lets you borrow his items if he does then you let him burrow yours and he doesn't give it back.Only let your real life friends borrow stuff.
    (12)Free Gems:You go on the internet it says something like:.Growtopia Free Gems.Then you go it asks for your username and password and how many gems you want.It will say something like the next day.Then you wake up your items are gone.Dont put your username and password on the internet.
    (13)Password Game:The owner puts his password as fjdjsjsjjsjs or something crazy.Then you guess wrong then he asks you to pay then he gives you a wrong hint.Only trust mods at games like all mods and trusted people that are well known.
    (14)Break the world:You break the world owner does not give you prize and bans you.Dont clear worlds unless you want seeds.
    (15)World trade no 6:The scammer does it by himself he jumps up in the secret passage where it's wood where nobody knows then he steals.Dont buy any worlds with dropped items.

To be updated evreytime I find a new scam
    There's another world trade where the owner puts a garbage over the items, if someone didn't relish that he could still break garbage then they would easily get scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Goh View Post
    He guessed your password, make your password hard so no one could guess it. That's the only way he could have done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evets1 View Post
    Yeah, I do some legit pay or die quizzes. Sometimes I even make profit lol.
    My IGN is GoldMedal
    "You can't always believe what you see on the Internet" Abraham Lincoln

~GoldMedal