Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Is 4shared safe?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Is 4shared safe?

    Hey guys, I'm a little concerned. Is downloading a game from 4shared.com with an android device safe? I'm planning on downloading a game from it, think it'd be safe? Please leave an answer, thank you!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Luminesce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Where My Visa May Take Me
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    From experience,
    The games I have downloaded from 4Shared were safe, and I also used an android.

    My favorite app though would be "kickass torrents" as you can check the comments, and people usually comment on how they found the app. If it worked, did not and etc.

    May I also suggest you download an android anti-virus application too?

    Hope this helps
    Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears?


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    No not safe. When you pirate something its never safe there's always a risk.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminesce View Post
    From experience,
    The games I have downloaded from 4Shared were safe, and I also used an android.

    My favorite app though would be "kickass torrents" as you can check the comments, and people usually comment on how they found the app. If it worked, did not and etc.

    May I also suggest you download an android anti-virus application too?

    Hope this helps
    Or you know, buying the app and helping support the developer wouldn't hurt either. I mean if you can't afford it that's your problem, its not like you need the app.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Luminesce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Where My Visa May Take Me
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
    No not safe. When you pirate something its never safe there's always a risk.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Or you know, buying the app and helping support the developer wouldn't hurt either. I mean if you can't afford it that's your problem, its not like you need the app.
    True, but if I have a way to get it free, then I don't have that problem anymore.
    Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears?


  5. #5
    Cursed
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    Kinda, its more of the uploader not the site itself. But because uploading on 4shared is fairly anonymous it often had downloads with lots of adware.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    768

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminesce View Post
    True, but if I have a way to get it free, then I don't have that problem anymore.
    Oh cool. I don't like being a greedy jerk so if I can't afford something I won't just get it.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer optimuswhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In an Igloo in Canada
    Posts
    2,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
    Oh cool. I don't like being a greedy jerk so if I can't afford something I won't just get it.
    Please don't be a jerk in general.
    Nobody asked for people who pay for marginal things to comment how they're better.
    Watermelons...

    Click below pls



    This last one is from one of my favourite game series! That game series is Mother. Yeah!
    This is my pet Drago.


  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Luminesce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Where My Visa May Take Me
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
    Oh cool. I don't like being a greedy jerk so if I can't afford something I won't just get it.
    I didn't mean to upset you Eyedea, but was it really necessary to suggest that I am a greedy jerk? Don't make assumptions about me, with limited knowledge of who I actually am as a person, it is uncalled for.

    Being greedy means an excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions. You got that whole assumption from just a few words I have stated? Or would it happen to be the first impression I made, in which case, suggesting something, by judging a first impression again, is uncalled for.

    Especially on a thread where a fellow forumer had just asked a simple question, that I was willing to give my opinion to, sure if our opinions contradict, so be it, nothing calls for insults.
    Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears?


  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Moxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSwag View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a little concerned. Is downloading a game from 4shared.com with an android device safe? I'm planning on downloading a game from it, think it'd be safe? Please leave an answer, thank you!
    It's safe, you just gotta get a Clean Master like app to see what stuff you'be backed up as it generally backs up the gotten apps making your phone/device lose memory.

    Also, at least on Android, the apps don't save to your gotten apps, and don't get updates, unless you manually download the app again, but updated.


    Good for songs, though.



Similar Threads

  1. FRAPS: Is it safe to buy?
    By LittleSirP in forum RTsoft Tavern
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 04:52 PM
  2. Am I finally safe?
    By lolgal96 in forum Meet & Greet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 07:48 AM
  3. Not safe enough?
    By Miku9999 in forum Suggestion Box
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •