Thread: Is 4shared safe?

Banned

Default Is 4shared safe?

Hey guys, I'm a little concerned. Is downloading a game from 4shared.com with an android device safe? I'm planning on downloading a game from it, think it'd be safe? Please leave an answer, thank you!

From experience,
    The games I have downloaded from 4Shared were safe, and I also used an android.

My favorite app though would be "kickass torrents" as you can check the comments, and people usually comment on how they found the app. If it worked, did not and etc.

May I also suggest you download an android anti-virus application too?

Hope this helps
    Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears?

Banned

No not safe. When you pirate something its never safe there's always a risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luminesce View Post
    From experience,
    The games I have downloaded from 4Shared were safe, and I also used an android.

My favorite app though would be "kickass torrents" as you can check the comments, and people usually comment on how they found the app. If it worked, did not and etc.

May I also suggest you download an android anti-virus application too?

Hope this helps
    Or you know, buying the app and helping support the developer wouldn't hurt either. I mean if you can't afford it that's your problem, its not like you need the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
    No not safe. When you pirate something its never safe there's always a risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you know, buying the app and helping support the developer wouldn't hurt either. I mean if you can't afford it that's your problem, its not like you need the app.
    True, but if I have a way to get it free, then I don't have that problem anymore.

Cursed

Kinda, its more of the uploader not the site itself. But because uploading on 4shared is fairly anonymous it often had downloads with lots of adware.

Banned

Smile

True, but if I have a way to get it free, then I don't have that problem anymore.
    Oh cool. I don't like being a greedy jerk so if I can't afford something I won't just get it.

Oh cool. I don't like being a greedy jerk so if I can't afford something I won't just get it.
    Please don't be a jerk in general.
    Nobody asked for people who pay for marginal things to comment how they're better.
    Watermelons...

Click below pls

This last one is from one of my favourite game series! That game series is Mother. Yeah!
    This is my pet Drago.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSwag View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a little concerned. Is downloading a game from 4shared.com with an android device safe? I'm planning on downloading a game from it, think it'd be safe? Please leave an answer, thank you!
    It's safe, you just gotta get a Clean Master like app to see what stuff you'be backed up as it generally backs up the gotten apps making your phone/device lose memory.

Also, at least on Android, the apps don't save to your gotten apps, and don't get updates, unless you manually download the app again, but updated.

Good for songs, though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by optimuswhat View Post
    Please don't be a jerk in general.
    Nobody asked for people who pay for marginal things to comment how they're better.
    Marginal? Are you kidding me? Right I guess its not really important. Some of these devs rely on their apps for they're income. How is that not important? If I found out somebody was stealing something I made I wouldn't like it. How I'm better? Yeah cz that's what all this is about.

I didn't mean to upset you Eyedea, but was it really necessary to suggest that I am a greedy jerk? Don't make assumptions about me, with limited knowledge of who I actually am as a person, it is uncalled for.

Being greedy means an excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions. You got that whole assumption from just a few words I have stated? Or would it happen to be the first impression I made, in which case, suggesting something, by judging a first impression again, is uncalled for.

Especially on a thread where a fellow forumer had just asked a simple question, that I was willing to give my opinion to, sure if our opinions contradict, so be it, nothing calls for insults.

Banned

I didn't mean to upset you Eyedea, but was it really necessary to suggest that I am a greedy jerk? Don't make assumptions about me, with limited knowledge of who I actually am as a person, it is uncalled for.

Being greedy means an excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions. You got that whole assumption from just a few words I have stated? Or would it happen to be the first impression I made, in which case, suggesting something, by judging a first impression again, is uncalled for.

Especially on a thread where a fellow forumer had just asked a simple question, that I was willing to give my opinion to, sure if our opinions contradict, so be it, nothing calls for insults.
    Aha at first I just stated that in doing so you're stealing from the creator of the app and that if you can't afford it just not to get it. Than you went off saying that if there's a way you can get it free why would you pay for it. That's where I came in and called you a greedy jerk. I didn't say that because I was upset or anything, I said that because its the truth. Do you have no idea how much work and money some devs put into their apps? Some of these devs aren't even big so they don't make much money and on top of that greedy jerks like you are stealing from them. Stop being selfish and greedy and pay for the apps you use.

I guess that does make me a greedy jerk to a certain extent haha. I see your point now.