Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New spam management system enabled

  1. #1
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,382

    Exclamation New spam management system enabled

    Hey guys, spam has been getting out of control around here behind the scenes, as users, you don't see it, but the mods do and it's like 50 threads a day. They were autodetected and hidden, but we still had to delete them .. so I've installed some new more powerful anti-spam stuff. If you notice any of your posts not getting through, lemmie know!
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USofA
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hey guys, spam has been getting out of control around here behind the scenes, as users, you don't see it, but the mods do and it's like 50 threads a day. They were autodetected and hidden, but we still had to delete them .. so I've installed some new more powerful anti-spam stuff. If you notice any of your posts not getting through, lemmie know!
    Hey Seth, in the Tanked forums, sj1 created a new account and posted for the first time, however, I noticed his post was "moderated" even though it was a legit post. I had to manually approve the post. I didn't understand why it was moderated, however, I just saw your announcement so wanted to let you know.

  3. #3
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Thanks, will tweak
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    359

    Default What do you mean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Play View Post
    Hey Seth, in the Tanked forums, sj1 created a new account and posted for the first time, however, I noticed his post was "moderated" even though it was a legit post. I had to manually approve the post. I didn't understand why it was moderated, however, I just saw your announcement so wanted to let you know.
    Is that a good thing if a post gets "moderated", because it seems like a good thing. Sj1 is a nice guy he should become a mod, you guys should try to ask him. I know that he doesn't want to be a Moderator, I think he should. Try to ask him, but I know it's your decision and not in my hand to choose who gets to be a moderator. He is a good guy. He doesn't talk to people that much, or I think that's me he doesn't talk to. It's your choice, @play you ever gonna talk to me or are you just mad at me?
    The king of demons is here.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Ah, one of my posts didn't get through, and it said it had to be approved by a moderator. I think it is because I put a link in it... Anyways, I posted it in the Growtopia forum. Can you help? It's nothing too important, I just wondered if it was because of the new anti-spam feature.

  6. #6
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Sure, I'll go take care of it

    After a few posts it will start letting all your stuff through.

    EDIT: Hmm, I didn't see anything, another mod probably already approved it
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Wait wat. It was in the 1000 users online thread... Never mind, it wasn't important anyway, hah.

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    359

    Default Spam management.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sure, I'll go take care of it

    After a few posts it will start letting all your stuff through.

    EDIT: Hmm, I didn't see anything, another mod probably already approved it
    It's automatic isn't it? I think the mods should look at the posts and approve the spam management, but I like the idea, the auto spam.
    The king of demons is here.

  9. #9
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Wait wat. It was in the 1000 users online thread... Never mind, it wasn't important anyway, hah.
    Oops! There it is, got it
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  10. #10
    Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California ,somewhere (That u don't know):D
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Thanks Seth! Cuz thrs a lot of people spamming in tavern
    -Scopeeeeeey-

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Ah, now I know it is because of the links. I put a link in my post again, and had to wait for a mod to approve it. I'll try not to post links in my posts then, just direct them to a website, ahah...

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer InYourFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In a bean under the sea.
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scope View Post
    Thanks Seth! Cuz thrs a lot of people spamming in tavern
    The system is in the forums
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

    Beware, I love trolling!



    I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

Similar Threads

  1. Memory management
    By JibbaJabba in forum Novashell Game Creation System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 07:20 PM
  2. Memory management of CL_Sprite
    By kuroyan in forum Official ClanLib SDK Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
  3. newbie memory management
    By celtx in forum Official ClanLib SDK Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
  4. Tag transfer enabled
    By Seth in forum Funeral Quest
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 10:56 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •