Thread: php LORD Coming soon (early 2013?)

Post php LORD Coming soon (early 2013?)

Written completely from scratch in php and a scratch made database from mobs to NPC gossip and more. (and memory) and from countless resources around the web - as well as my own gaming experience (I still am using the original bbs version 4.03, i have earlier versions but like this one the best - using DOSBOX).

I showed it to Seth, he said it looked great as was coming along nicely - the best he can do since he sold it and cannot give much help, however, in my eyes, he will always be the sole owner.

I always wanted to see this game as a Browser Game, w/o mods, telnet or java mod etc... but a good ole fashion PBBG browser game. So for 2yrs I have been tinkering with it. but the last 4 months I have been feverishly writing it as I saw many post requesting a web version (as well as a mobile and Facebook as well, although I might dabble in a mobile version)

just some screens to wet the appitite (from album, as I may upload others later)
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1142592...eat=directlink

This version most likely will NOT have IGM's havent decided yet.
    currently it is playable, albeit buggy (its alpha) but dont mine people checking it out while I write it. Doubtful there will be any wips as the player structure is complete and functional, however other issues may arrise.
    present state (as of 12.13.12) - I have rewritten the entire code (again for the billionth time so something more streamlined and readable) so moving the completed version to this one.
    WORKING...
    - LOGIN
    - healer
    - forest fights (all levels to 12 work)
    - armor/weapons (one of them is buggy haven't went back and checked)
    - trainer (all trainers will train with you)
    - daily news
    - inn
    working but not moved to this version
    - flirts with both seth and violet
    - conversing with patrons
    - get a room
    - bard singing

Major things NOT working *even though it is coded
    - afk not getting recognized. worked in the prior version, not this one.
    - not enough gold at the healer, will heal portion, but my math is wrong ('ll fix it later) and you could end up with a sizable HP for several rounds :-)
    - in its current state, the game is easy to exploit - so if you decided to play on it, try to play fair - but do send me any exploits so i can plug them

and more.
    If anyone likes this, and wants to tinker with it (yes while i work on it live LOL) I'll post a link. I really want to get it fully working by the end of the month.. not sure, but will be close.
    AGAIN: This is a personal project I am doing for myself, and just sharing it. I am having just as much fun writing it, learning as I am playing it.

ps
    For those that want to pitch in, I am in dire need of some flavor text from the game I cannot locate, like when you kill a mob, they always have something funny to say. also need a collection of all the game events and their text - while I could just keep playing mine and eventually get them all - would take forever.
    I am aware of Nuklear LorD site - which has been a huge help, but there is a massive gap with in comes to the events and flavor text.

cheers guys! Hope you like.
    Last edited by Frost Byte; 12-15-2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks for the emails, couple mentions they just wanted to follow and will play when in beta. Good point. For those that want to follow until it is complete - I just put it up. Not a big twitter fan, but will do my best to add updates.

visit phplord on twitter (post doesn't allow links atm).

cheers!