Thread: Davidi Development

Lesser Knight

I've started a thing sorta like a company. It's by email...people are supposed to help me develop my games by emailing me at davididev@yahoo.com. Oh, and by the way...here are some things that you must tell me and why:
    -Your full name ( Unless you don't wanna show up in the credits)
    -Your adress ( I will be paying my "employees" by the game... you're an employe if you make at least 1 resource)
    -Your field in davidi dev ( so that I know what catagory to put you in. Oh, and ideas for the game is ok, too. It's just that you have to give at least 5 to get paid per game sold )

Squire

gahahaha... good luck... ull need it!

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Davidi @ July 31 2004,07:16)]I've started a thing sorta like a company. It's by email...people are supposed to help me develop my games by emailing me at davididev@yahoo.com. Oh, and by the way...here are some things that you must tell me and why:
    -Your full name ( Unless you don't wanna show up in the credits)
    -Your adress ( I will be paying my "employees" by the game... you're an employe if you make at least 1 resource)
    -Your field in davidi dev ( so that I know what catagory to put you in. Oh, and ideas for the game is ok, too. It's just that you have to give at least 5 to get paid per game sold )
    Oh, I forgot another thing..if you want to talk as friends, email me at superbird725@yahoo.com

Lesser Knight

Elite,
    You're mocking me, right? If so, what reason is there NOT to join? I mean, after all, it's easy money! Besides, I gave a deal to those people. And I am perfectly capable of making a game boy advance game! The game's the easy part! I know two people who could make money, and you'll just be missing out! My older brother, Tim, could really help me make graphics or sound, or maybe even music! And a friend of mine comes up with great ideas! And for your information, if those are there are only 3 people, it can still be a company! After all, a company can be 1 person.

Lesser Knight

Ok, I now have an AIM screen name: davididev.

Knight

What makes it a company?
    Do you pay a salary?

Do you have a website that shows off some work or something?
    Just wondering.

You say making a GBA game is easy. Do you have any demos to show off?
    --Akolade

I had a look at some documentation on how to program a GBA game.

http://www.jharbour.com/gameboy/

I can see an experienced professional developer doing this sort of work, but far too time comsuming in my opinion for someone that just does this as a hobby.

Lesser Knight

Well, I do pay people for it, but I don't have a website yet...and I don't need documentation.

Lesser Knight

Oh, yeah. and company is in quotes, meaning that it's not really a company. It's just like one.

Lesser Knight

Actually, I decided to forget the paying. From now on, everyone will be volunteering. Nobody seems to trust me about that except my family and friends.

pro bono programming?