Thread: MOD AGE??

Question MOD AGE??

This question always has been bothering me. Do u have to be a certain age to become a mod?

I heard that you have to be at least 13 years old
    Watch me play Tanked:
    NEW CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNm9RSoslZnFayXZOhZLIw
    OLD CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlvMLLR6XM

Beware, I love trolling!

I've gotten a little inactive on tanked lately, and since I see no webOS-kickout, there will be no comeback.
    In Growtopia I'm around as the fabulouzz Psychoman.
    See you there! Meet me in my World MRLAVA or in my farm, TEQUILAFARM.

No you don't have to be. I asked 1 of the mods that in Tanked though. I am pretty sure it was tpn but I don't know. But anyways you have to be at least nice and responsible to people. There are more stuff but can't list them now because I am in a rush. But no age limit.
    WARNING: YOUR MAIL WILL OVERLOAD AND SO WILL YOU! DON'T THINK I WARNED YOU! (I am Zackery459)

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKWOLF View Post
    This question always has been bothering me. Do u have to be a certain age to become a mod?
    Your level of maturity matters a lot along with being nice , responsibility , honest. Well you get it all the things that would make you a good person and a clean record aswell
    The Hawk Can Drive A Tank Like A Boss ( And Run You Over With A Beagle <3

Lesser Wizard

you could be 10 years old and become a mod as long as your mature trusted and not a bad person. Also need clean record
    King of the Skulls

-Retired

Nope you definitely don't need to be a specific age but I doubt that there would be a 9 year old mod...

And Marik do you still play dude? I haven't seen you in a while!
    SKULLS ARE ALWAYS IN GRAVES... and TANKED

I am back and am striving to become red and to surpass my past record of 26k in one day and going for 30k in one day

If any of y'all want coins just ask... i only give to people who are needy of the coins and are nice.

Visit my youtube channel... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmSsb0UEVgpkkthCWy0qjuA
    I only started recently so not many vids but i will have at least 5 to 6 a week with tips and possibly commentary eventually!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by graveskull View Post
    Nope you definitely don't need to be a specific age but I doubt that there would be a 9 year old mod...

And Marik do you still play dude? I haven't seen you in a while!

I believ there could be a 9 year old mod ...
    King of the Skulls

-Retired

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKWOLF View Post
    Really, so a 5 year old can become a mod if he/she has a clean record.

Quote Originally Posted by playerde View Post
    Really, so a 5 year old can become a mod if he/she has a clean record.
    Ummmmmm, let me correct you. First of all, a 5 year old does not know what a forum and a moderator is. Next, he/she can't type, so that's crossed off the list. And lastly, a 5 year old's parents would never approve of him/her playing a game like tanked.....So, got it?
    Tanked: megaman01

Growtopia : (Retired) megaman01 (visit Thingo)

Lesser Wizard

I strongly disagree with this, as an adult I feel duty and morality bound to protect children at all times,...making a child a moderator is 'not' protecting them,...put it this way! A mod will have a mod pack installed on there device! Then they get all sorts of messages from ppl reporting various offensives , some of these messages may include swear words and some may include messages of sexual explicit nature , aggressiveness , harassment , threatening ,bullying , .the list is endless, they may also have access to screenshots that most of us don't see!, these screenshots would include all the issues mentioned above, ....ask yourself this question ! '' is this the correct way to protect and treat our children ''...if your answer is yes! Then you have a 'LOT' to learn!....on another note, some parents like to monitor there child's activity on the internet, especially if there is live on line chat involved, and rightly so, 'another question ' what are those parents going to think if they found out there child is being asked (employed) as a moderator to be on the lookout for ppl swearing or being sexually explicit etc. etc, etc,......you can not and should not ''purposely '' expose children to this sort of behavior , ..you can not and should not put this sort of responsibility on a young persons shoulders, ...this post is not aimed at the administrators nor the moderators, I'm confident they know what they are doing,...I'm just pointing out that age of a moderator is definitely one of the deciding factors on becoming a mod!..........I made a post a while ago on this, its on page 30, the thread is called ''dear Seth twigs and play'' feel free to look it up it gives other reasons why you must be a certain age to be a mod!! ...sorry for the long post but its a subject I feel strongly about, .you know kids and all that,......regards,
    the truth will set you free

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    I strongly disagree with this, as an adult I feel duty and morality bound to protect children at all times,...making a child a moderator is 'not' protecting them,...put it this way! A mod will have a mod pack installed on there device! Then they get all sorts of messages from ppl reporting various offensives , some of these messages may include swear words and some may include messages of sexual explicit nature , aggressiveness , harassment , threatening ,bullying , .the list is endless, they may also have access to screenshots that most of us don't see!, these screenshots would include all the issues mentioned above, ....ask yourself this question ! '' is this the correct way to protect and treat our children ''...if your answer is yes! Then you have a 'LOT' to learn!....on another note, some parents like to monitor there child's activity on the internet, especially if there is live on line chat involved, and rightly so, 'another question ' what are those parents going to think if they found out there child is being asked (employed) as a moderator to be on the lookout for ppl swearing or being sexually explicit etc. etc, etc,......you can not and should not ''purposely '' expose children to this sort of behavior , ..you can not and should not put this sort of responsibility on a young persons shoulders, ...this post is not aimed at the administrators nor the moderators, I'm confident they know what they are doing,...I'm just pointing out that age of a moderator is definitely one of the deciding factors on becoming a mod!..........I made a post a while ago on this, its on page 30, the thread is called ''dear Seth twigs and play'' feel free to look it up it gives other reasons why you must be a certain age to be a mod!! ...sorry for the long post but its a subject I feel strongly about, .you know kids and all that,......regards,
    Good point. As you mentioned, mods constantly receive reports and screenshots of swearing, sexually explicit stuff etc......., and a CHILD shouldn't be exposed to those things. One suggestion I could have to improve this is so all language which is inappropriate isn't shown and results in an instant mute. It works, and children don't see what they shouldn't be seeing. Another thing for this MOD AGE is that it's not good to entrust a child with such powers (muting, banning, namelocking), as they will probably abuse those powers and use them whenever they're pissed/unhappy with another player for no good reason. But again, how would you know how old a moderator is? It's basically shrouded in mystery. People should only become mods if they confirm their age and they swear not to abuse powers.........you get what I mean.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megaman01 View Post
    Good point. As you mentioned, mods constantly receive reports and screenshots of swearing, sexually explicit stuff etc......., and a CHILD shouldn't be exposed to those things. One suggestion I could have to improve this is so all language which is inappropriate isn't shown and results in an instant mute. It works, and children don't see what they shouldn't be seeing. Another thing for this MOD AGE is that it's not good to entrust a child with such powers (muting, banning, namelocking), as they will probably abuse those powers and use them whenever they're pissed/unhappy with another player for no good reason. But again, how would you know how old a moderator is? It's basically shrouded in mystery. People should only become mods if they confirm their age and they swear not to abuse powers.........you get what I mean.
    Still they could lie, I wouldn`t, but some people would.

Lesser Wizard

Yah i understand you but wont they already see those things in the tanked chat even if there not moderator ....
    King of the Skulls

-Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Yah i understand you but wont they already see those things in the tanked chat even if there not moderator ....
    Yeah, but for more safety, children shouldn't be in the tavern. However, for mods, no matter where they are they ALWAYS receive reports of bad language and usually it has the explicit words in it. So I stick by my point that there could be a little bit more done for the safety of children, including the fact that they shouldn't become mods.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    yes they see it, but a mod will see a 100 times more!!...lets not forget a mod can see what's happening in the tavern even if they are not there!!. But that's just 1 reason why a child can't be a mod,..there are many others
    the truth will set you free

Lesser Wizard

True i never thought of it that way ...
    King of the Skulls

-Retired

yes they see it, but a mod will see a 100 times more!!...lets not forget a mod can see what's happening in the tavern even if they are not there!!. But that's just 1 reason why a child can't be a mod,..there are many others

True that, I completely agree.

Lesser Wizard

Default I agree with ya bro...I agree.

My parents are protective of me, they give me tons and tons of lectures, on how to behave, and I tell them I behave. Some parents are like that, and our Job is to obey those rules. Tanked is an addictive game, that is the only thing I hide from them, and in the future I will forgive on my actions. If you want mod powers really badly you have to be nice, and act mature. If you are 12 and you become a mod? That isn't cool. People's parents look at their clidrens mails, and there actions. Parents know everything you do!!! Don't try to hide anything from them. I know I am, but I am kinda stopping that behavior. I am stopping to play tanked once in a while, instead of that I play chess or clash of the clans. PEOPLE IF YOU ARE WANTING TO BECOME A MOD, AND IF YOUR PARENTS ARE WAY TOO OVERPROTECTIVE OF YOU, THEN DON'T TRY TO BECOME A MOD, THEN DON'T WISH TO BE A MOD. you could help the mods, by telling them the issue to stop the bad behavior. The mods would really appreciate that.
    The king of demons is here.

Default Yes, exactly.

I could not have worded it better, I agree with every word you said.
    No Matter How Many Fish Are In The Sea, IT WILL BE SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME!

I know that I will get a lot of flack for this but in addition to being responsible is the maturity level of the player. While there are responsible teens and young adults, I firmly believe as a minor test that mods should be at least 25 to somewhat assure the maturity level expected of the position. This is not to say that 25 year olds are mature enough and less than are not but to say that generally speaking they are more established in their opinions as to right and wrong than younger players.