Thread: Dink Smallwood HD issues

Serf

Question Dink Smallwood HD issues

I recently downloaded & installed Dink Smallwood HD from the Mac App Store. I began playing, and find it very entertaining. However, I am now having some issues. Somehow my character has been frozen, and I cannot get him to move. I don't know the commands (because I missed / didn't get a screen shot of the commands when they came up, and don't know how, if you can, to pull them back up). I tried to uninstall the game and re-install it, but it loads the game from my previous location still. And still frozen. If anyone has an answer for this issue, I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Hrm. Two things you can try:

1. Tap escape and a menu should come up. You can load from quicksave, or quit to the main menu and try loading an existing save game. If you've saved any...

2. If that fails, try navigating with Finder to <home>/Application Support/Dink Smallwood HD and delete "state.dat". The game should then start up at the main menu.
    Last edited by Seth; 07-24-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Serf

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hrm. Two things you can try:

1. Tap escape and a menu should come up. You can load from quicksave, or quit to the main menu and try loading an existing save game. If you'ved saved any...

2. If that fails, try navigating with Finder to <home>/Application Support/Dink Smallwood HD and delete "state.dat". The game should then start up at the main menu.
    Thanks! I really just needed to know that "Escape" thing. I don't know WHY I didn't try that before, duh - that should have been my first attempt! >.<

Again, thanks so much!

Serf

I thank you for your previous advise! I am now happily playing through the game. I was wondering if there is any way to take things out of the inventory (that won't sell - like the bag of pig feed I've still got from my first task!). I was also wondering if there is any way to organize the inventory?

Nope - sorry, no way to get rid of pig feed or move around items. The good news is I think pig feed is the only useless thing you'll find.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies