Thread: Dink runs too fast

Wink

I have windows xp pro, with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000, and I play with the keyboard. Dink is going far too fast and it's really hard to control him. I downloaded the patch ; my monitor FTP is on 60 ; I also tryed to run the game with another windows compatibility (like windows 2000)......but, after hours of vain efforts and searches, I do not manage to fix the problem
    Any charitable soul to help me solve this problem ? (by the way, I am a computer dumb).
    [I just discovered the game, find it great and would love to get into it, but on a normal 'rythm'...]
    In advance thanks a lot.

Lesser Wizard

Maybe you could read this and find your problem I will try to come to an other Idea what the problem could be.

Dink help

When you are really stuck you could try the forum on

RPGplanet

Here are more people who can help you and you can get more dink games called as dmod's which you can play.

Good Luck if you have anymore questions you could mail me on this board or private jpdebruijn@hotmail.com or on the forum of www. dinknetwork.com under the name dinkholland that's my name there. And there are a lot of people on that forumboard.

Lesser Wizard

Better link to the dinknetwork

dinknetwork

Lesser Wizard

In my first rply yu get a link to dink help.
    In the page that opens says something about a source code here is the link to the source code

http://www.rtsoft.com/dink/help/20.htm

Wink

Thanks a lot for your help and advices.
    I'd already been on the help concerning the refreshing rate but I couldn't find the way with that. I went on dink network but didn't find a solution on the forum either. However I posted my question on the forum there just in case (and sent also an email to rtsoft).
    Regarding the source code and considering my ignorance, it's a bit like reading Russian and trying to detect the hidden magic formula there
    I think maybe the problem is somewhere in the advanced setting of the Properties, but as I am not an expert, I am bit nervous to make mistakes and crash.
    Could it be maybe something to do with the resolution? I am with 1400x1050, true colors (not 256), 32 bits, 60 hertz.
    Will inform about my next progress...and would welcome any other suggestions !

Arrow

Great ! I got an answer from Merlin on Dink Network and he gave me the key...
    This was his answer :

You need to enable vsync. You need to have the manufacturer's (ATI) drivers installed (Hopefully ATI will let you install the Catalyst drivers on a laptop. You'll have to download the plain 9600 drivers though (it won't say Mobility). I hope you don't have dialup). Right-Click the desktop, click properties, click Settings, and click Advanced. Look through each of the tabs and click the check box that says "Enable VSync". Click OK.

I went on Ati.com, the Catalyst, found the way of the VSync, enabled it, and it works now fine.