Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am excited for school! C:

Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    2 years of being superior to other students is too short or as you call it Middleschool.
    Unfortunately, thats all the time I got. Next year will be my 3rd.

P.s
    It is so nice to be in a place where there are people around your age in the same boat you are. It is a rare thing having the chance to discuss things you are proud of or are good at with people that feel the same way. That is why I love the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.TommoSwag View Post
    #NerdPride Lets put that in our siggys.
    Yesh! Fo Sho!

I really don't mind school, I mean i'm just an 8th Grader. It's what we're all supposed to do as kids/teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1 View Post
    I really don't mind school, I mean i'm just an 8th Grader. It's what we're all supposed to do as kids/teens.
    I love school! I mean, we do need a break sometimes, we would be insane if we didn't have weekends and summer vacation, but I like being in school!

Quote Originally Posted by Reballoo View Post
    Ah, I see. Bad teacher? When I lived in Canada (K-5), my teachers were no help. I couldn't understand anything. It was basically "do this". When I moved to Florida, I had the best teachers, and I learned everything I would need to know in 2 years. Which teacher you get makes a big difference.
    Here is the problem, our teacher was great but since we were just the one class, he only taught us the bare minimum and then expect all of us to work together to analyze and evaluate. He would ship us with homework we didn't understand and I would spend most of the time on facebook arguing with my friend(s) over everything. It was hard, but I passed the class atleast
    I'm on Discord as Ultrum#7689, have fun
    Allies or no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.TommoSwag View Post
    #NerdPride Lets put that in our siggys.
    I have done it, and I see you have too!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the problem, our teacher was great but since we were just the one class, he only taught us the bare minimum and then expect all of us to work together to analyze and evaluate. He would ship us with homework we didn't understand and I would spend most of the time on facebook arguing with my friend(s) over everything. It was hard, but I passed the class atleast
    That is what I count as a bad teacher. By bad, I don't mean somebody who is mean, I mean somebody who is not good at teaching. Like this one teacher in my school who spent all his time trying to get the uneduamacated chil'ns to like him instead of teaching. If you ask him a question, he would respond with "skittles, marker, grill cheese sandwich, dominoes". I hated him.

I have done it, and I see you have too!

- - - Updated - - -

That is what I count as a bad teacher. By bad, I don't mean somebody who is mean, I mean somebody who is not good at teaching. Like this one teacher in my school who spent all his time trying to get the uneduamacated chil'ns to like him instead of teaching. If you ask him a question, he would respond with "skittles, marker, grill cheese sandwich, dominoes". I hated him.
    Nope, this teacher did that intentionally since it was part of his lesson plan. He wanted us to view the lessons in different depths than just do everything blindly and get everything right. My geometry teacher truly wanted us to "understand the material". He would be behind his desk just observing what we do. It was a good motive but seriously people fend for themselves most of the time so it was hard for the class to collaborate since most excelling students work to be the top of the class and it's hard to work together when you are filled with so much arrogance, including me.
    Allies or no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by PannyFlan View Post
    I bet some of you like '' What!? Isn't school torture? ''. To me it more like a fun place, and it give me different personality, and having friends. I even get to wear different clothes beside pajama everyday at home . I got new clothes for this school and I am excited! YIPPIEE!!
    I can even study again, because I never study at home ._. I always play my ipad or computer alone at home so I wanna talk to friends at school. My parents made a strict rule to not talk or bring a friend over to my house -_-... now I am bored with many manga chapter read and computer and laptop is broken. What do I do now? Of course school -3-.
    I even wanted to show off my stalker skill, because I went on the school website information and people will be like ***, how you know that . I can even wear my new sneakers .
    Ima be in 6th grade soon, but in elementary... I was ment to be in middle school till my doctor told me to go to a different school ;-;.
    School is torture to me, I sit there for 6 hours in 7 different rooms bored, Listening to the teacher teaching bout something I already learned years back.
    "The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra
    "A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one." - Tupac Shakur
    "I plan to eat with the people I starved with." - Logic
    "A normal life is boring." - Eminem
    "I'm here to save you but who's here to save me" - Eazy-E

Growtopia IGN: AntEater
    Growtopia Level: 47

Nope, this teacher did that intentionally since it was part of his lesson plan. He wanted us to view the lessons in different depths than just do everything blindly and get everything right. My geometry teacher truly wanted us to "understand the material". He would be behind his desk just observing what we do. It was a good motive but seriously people fend for themselves most of the time so it was hard for the class to collaborate since most excelling students work to be the top of the class and it's hard to work together when you are filled with so much arrogance, including me.
    I hate team projects and working together too. I can never agree with my classmates because they are never correct... -.-

I hate team projects and working together too. I can never agree with my classmates because they are never correct... -.-
    Geometry was that one class that required all knowledge on past learnings. Everything you learned will eventually play back. It's like a giant formula. You forget one thing, everything else comes tumbling, especially in the proofs we have to make. Not like Algebra where you do a lesson and forget about it.
    Allies or no allies?

Banned

I almost had to stay back a grade last year omg I'm glad I got through. I'd have to stay with the 5th graders lmao. AND BEING IN THE SAME CLASS AS MY SISTER OMG IM SWEATING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

But I got my last homework assignment just in time before graduation lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    School is torture to me, I sit there for 6 hours in 7 different rooms bored, Listening to the teacher teaching bout something I already learned years back.
    Then you have bad teachers. I can't believe you just said that —.—... You totally killed the good vibes.

- - - Updated - - -

Geometry was that one class that required all knowledge on past learnings. Everything you learned will eventually play back. It's like a giant formula. You forget one thing, everything else comes tumbling, especially in the proofs we have to make. Not like Algebra where you do a lesson and forget about it.
    We have to remember everything we learn in every class at my school...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hakma View Post
    I almost had to stay back a grade last year omg I'm glad I got through. I'd have to stay with the 5th graders lmao. AND BEING IN THE SAME CLASS AS MY SISTER OMG IM SWEATING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

But I got my last homework assignment just in time before graduation lmao.
    What grade are you in?

Banned

Then you have bad teachers. I can't believe you just said that —.—... You totally killed the good vibes.

- - - Updated - - -

We have to remember everything we learn in every class at my school...

- - - Updated - - -

What grade are you in?
    8th grade m8.

8th grade m8.
    Going into?

Banned

Going into?
    Yeh m8. d:

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
    I never studied ONCE for German, not once for my entire 7th grade year. My average was a 96 over all 3 trimesters.
    I was the best student in the whole school at German, and it's regarded as one of the hardest classes.
    XD. Careful with dat math doe.

Yeh m8. d:
    Virtual high five! ✋

List of forumers I know are going into 8th grade:
    Reballoo
    Disaster
    EasykGT
    Hakma/GBAGamer/Airtaters

8th grade m8.
    Same here m7
    @SpotlightR on Instagram
    Self-taught artist, car enthusiast, and audiophile.

Anybody going into the 9th grade ._.

I know MrMehMeh is
    Allies or no allies?

Geometry class... doesn't make me feel like an Asian. Ugh the horrible times
    I hated Geometry...the book was such a piece of .

Luckily, that was last year, and I'm doing Algebra 2 right now for 11th.

Banned
    World of Tanks Fan rolling around with a FV215b!

School is crap for me even althought I'm going to a paid school
    It's just plain boring to see someone talking for 7 hours
    And my butt hurts when I try to stand up my seat after lessons