This is the Denshion audio manager, stolen from the Cocos2D project. It is the recommended audio system to use for iOS, and in theory could be used for OSX but hasn't been setup yet.
Some tweaks have been made from the original to add features and work better through the AudioManager interface.
- Some parts of AudioManagerDenshion, such as music playing, are done using AVPlayer and not using Denshion.
- Simply by playing an audio file, it is cached for future use. Check AudioManager's interface to see how to preload or unload sounds. Music is not cached and is generally streamed
- .mp3 playback is supported for music, .ogg isn't.
- .wav format is supported for audio effects. Uh.. possibly .mp3 also, not sure
- Most Proton examples use this audio manager by default for iOS
This library is not under the Proton license but the CocosDenshion Sound Engine license. All changes made by us are freely released under that license as well.
It is as follows:
CocosDenshion Sound Engine Copyright (c) 2010 Steve Oldmeadow Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.